( search forums )
Extra Speed - how they do this....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
sol_dat
November 17, 2004, 7:47 am
I play deathmach (1.2.1) with my friends on LAN, and one of my friends obviously move (fly) faster than rest of us. I 99% sure that he use some trick with keys - when press fly button he probably press some other keys combination or some other way, I don't know. Fact is that when I pick up flame I can't ever catch him, and reverse - when hi pick up flame I can't run away from him, and that is situation all the time. Well I think it is a little unfair, but maybe I just med on him. What U think? Is that clasified as cheat or he is just more skilful?

Teh Panda
November 17, 2004, 8:50 am
No, its not a trick. It's a bug called "Host bug". If you shoot "host" with AUG (for example), he/she speeds up.

sol_dat
November 17, 2004, 9:12 am
No I'm sure that is not a bug u sugested. He speeds up when he wants and not when some one shoot on him. I 99% sure that he use some trick with combination of keys. Do anyone know about this key combination?

ThaD
November 17, 2004, 9:45 am
He eats spinach :?

Aquarius
November 17, 2004, 10:04 am
quote:Originally posted by sol_datNo I'm sure that is not a bug u sugested. He speeds up when he wants and not when some one shoot on him. I 99% sure that he use some trick with combination of keys. Do anyone know about this key combination?

There is no such key combination. He is a cheater. Vote kick him.

Jap_man
November 17, 2004, 10:08 am
yea, this person is obviously using a hack, if he's speeding up whenever he wants to <_<

MarciveR
November 17, 2004, 11:27 am
If its at a LAN, get up and stab him! :O

iLLskiLLs
November 17, 2004, 11:28 am
I've been playing for nearly 2 years, and there is no such button combination buddy...

SuperKill
November 17, 2004, 11:49 am
panda it doesnt HAVE to be the host you know..

b00stA
November 17, 2004, 11:50 am
Maybe record a demo of it..

SERIAL KILLeR
November 17, 2004, 12:53 pm
U can travel faster by using the jump button while running to gain speed or right before u fly up start jump first and then use the jet right before the peak of the jump to go a lot faster.

There is a speed hack but its really easy to spot, the player doesnt move and just seem to float through the air really fast.

Stealth870
November 17, 2004, 1:17 pm
Yea, thats what I'm thinking...I just hold up while running left or right, and you kind of "skip", or run a little faster...

Shyo
November 17, 2004, 1:51 pm
the fastest way is running and pressing jump once and press jump again when you land

Jaz
November 17, 2004, 2:17 pm
If someone hosts they get a "boost" when they get shot they move alot faster. Its fun. If this isn't the case he's just better then you.

Blackdeath
November 17, 2004, 2:45 pm
then there is the m79 trick.

Skate4Razors
November 17, 2004, 7:09 pm
There are a lot of tricks. You should make a demo of it and send it to Michal, or DNA. Stix.

Chakra
November 17, 2004, 7:24 pm
Funny to think that in a game where we're shooting and blowing the crap out of each other, struggling for survival and desperately trying to out-do the enemy, that all the while we're skipping like a girl with a lollypop.

Airpi
November 17, 2004, 9:52 pm
Obviously its this delicate balance of ripping people to shreds and prancing like a little girl that holds the game together. You know, like lightside darkside.

edak
November 17, 2004, 10:05 pm
I love to prance like a little girl in soldat, it certainly is one of the appeals to the game. The fact that you have to skip to move faster is even funnier. I don't know any way he'd go faster unless he cheats or prones in mid air and flies horizontally.

Airpi
November 18, 2004, 12:17 am
Prone in midair....thats a great idea! Superhero pose!

3rd_account
November 18, 2004, 12:26 am
How about you ask him? If he cheats I'd suggest you do what Marcive said and stab him.

Spectral
November 18, 2004, 1:00 am
just ban the hacker

F3nyx
November 18, 2004, 1:33 am
Could it be the jetting-in-prone-position trick? Does the guy appear to lie down in midair and fly rapidly down and sideways?

Only non-hacking explanation I can think of.

sol_dat
November 18, 2004, 6:53 am
What is M79 trick?

Bug
November 18, 2004, 8:11 am
Just before your 'jump power ends' you blast with m79 below you and use jets, that'll let you fly quite high =)

Element_101
November 18, 2004, 10:13 am
Its not that.

Sounds like a hack to me.

LazehBoi
November 18, 2004, 11:12 am
Does... demo him secretly next time and send it to Michal or DNA.styx.
although, don't post it here ( just in case you didn't read the rules, tut tut ;) ).

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 1:56 am
For all i know, you fly faster forward while proning!

Jamesmax0
June 10, 2005, 2:41 am
I never did quite get the hold of prone jetting. But back to the point of this thread, i think he was using a hack (Like everyone else of this forum :P)

Keron Cyst
June 10, 2005, 6:08 am
Posted - 18 Nov 2004 : 11:12:59
Posted - 10 Jun 2005 : 01:56:31

Nice :-|

I don't see why people hack; it takes the fun out of Soldat...

Kazuki
June 10, 2005, 6:37 am
You know, I wonder how people even find these threads. If the last post was half a year ago, how in the hell do you manage to dig it out? It's probably in the middle of all of the topics ever posted in General Discussions. How do you do it?

mickle89
June 10, 2005, 8:59 am
they are archived. You find them is search

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 9:07 am
if he searched after old things to reply to, then he really IS a retard.

Ok
June 10, 2005, 10:58 am
quote:Originally posted by sol_datI play deathmach (1.2.1) with my friends on LAN, and one of my friends obviously move (fly) faster than rest of us. I 99% sure that he use some trick with keys - when press fly button he probably press some other keys combination or some other way, I don't know. Fact is that when I pick up flame I can't ever catch him, and reverse - when hi pick up flame I can't run away from him, and that is situation all the time. Well I think it is a little unfair, but maybe I just med on him. What U think? Is that clasified as cheat or he is just more skilful?

There are verious hacks out there, one of them is very famous and is the SPEED hack.
I'm not sure how exactly its being done, but a speed hack allows you to control your speed movment while you play (probably a button of some sort), so he's probably just using it whenever he need to, like when he wants to catch you.

Ofcourse that depends, you might just be a newbe and have no idea how to move properly thus he out runs you like the rest said.
Jump and run and u gain speed fast.

lastpatriot
June 10, 2005, 11:55 am
He said it was a skip, it's not a hack.

criddo
June 11, 2005, 12:56 pm
If he didn't speed up with being boosted off a grenade or something, he's a HACKER!

Cookie`
June 11, 2005, 4:01 pm
Well back to this topic again eh?

Possibilities not hacking... Boosting, ServerHost Boost Bug, Crouch Floating

FTW

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 5:17 pm
if a hacker is in my server i don't ban him or kick him i play him to see how good i am at fighting a hacker.....

Ardaen
June 11, 2005, 7:26 pm
back to the original subject, you sound much like friends of mine when they first played me on a lan. Chances are its not a hack he just knows howto time jumps. Just holding up and a side button isn't the fastest way to move, if you time your movements properly, jumps, rolls, m79, grenades, you can move a good 3-5 times faster than a new player. You also can accelerate off grenades and jumps when they dont expect it.

I actually had to check the date to make sure this topic wasn't from the same time period, you sounded just like my one friend, insistant that I was hacking. So I switched computers with him in mid game twice. Clearly it wasn't because I was host or that I was using a hack.. new players just dont know howto move.

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 7:47 pm
don't discuss this anymore.. wasn't that solved in a later version?

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 12, 2005, 9:11 am
press jump while going forwards idoits

vash763
June 12, 2005, 9:16 am
i like how blackdeath has -1 posts. go look on page one of this pointless thread