( search forums )
M79 bink efect
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MJPZX2
November 17, 2004, 5:55 pm
Take it off!
In 1.2 the problem was with the barret which has now been solved but why cripple m79 users as well? M79 wasn't a problem when it came to weapon balances.
It is now very hard to kill an ak or minimi guy with a m79. A) becuase the bink effect f***s up your aim regulalrly and B) becuase ak and minimi are alot more powerful now.

I think a really good job has been done with 1.2.1 but please take away bink effect for m79

DeMonIc
November 17, 2004, 6:01 pm
No, weapons are balanced.
Go away :(

DT
November 17, 2004, 7:07 pm
M79's do one shot....
Weapons are fine go and make your own game if you wana change em

Skate4Razors
November 17, 2004, 7:11 pm
What does he mean by the, "Bink Effect?" I don't understand...

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 17, 2004, 8:34 pm
Its a new feature in Soldat, the soldat's aim would go inaccurate when they get shot, and slowly return to normal. This benefited many Auto-users, as well has drastically making the Barret much harder to use. Where were you S4R, living in a metaphorical hole?

HellRaider
November 17, 2004, 8:46 pm
I'm almost 100% sure the bink effect only effects barret and ruger..

Deleted User
November 17, 2004, 8:47 pm
You are wrong, HellRaider. :(

zoldat
November 17, 2004, 8:58 pm
Talk nice to S4R ppl

and no dont remove the blink effect

kkazican
November 17, 2004, 9:03 pm
Bink effect fool and I never noticed it for any weapon besides barret. Perhaps because I normally suck at aiming so the bink effect doesn't phase me at all?

N1nj@
November 17, 2004, 9:06 pm
Ya, I also didnt notice any bink effect other than the barret itself =/

3rd_account
November 18, 2004, 1:14 am
The bink's on every gun, even the tiny, light-weight MP5. So I got forced to double the size of my crosshair just to see that tiny rascle.

F3nyx
November 18, 2004, 2:02 am
Doesn't bink affect other guns to a much smaller degree than it affects the Barret?

Skate4Razors
November 18, 2004, 2:17 am
I never use the barrett, so I wouldnt know. I'm not saying the barrett is bad though, I'm just not good with it for some reason... :/

MarciveR
November 18, 2004, 2:45 am
I havn't noticed any bink effect, maybe I am just too noob to realise. Anyway the weapons seem balanced to me!

Hercule Poirot
November 18, 2004, 6:41 am
IMHO bink effect "ruined soldat" it was great idea to use it only on barret now using it on all guns is just......

new medkit "steal" also isin't good :<

+even i'm ak user since 1.2 now it's just too easy to kill ppl for example on cws other clan all 3 lpayers uses ak so you have to use it too :/

DT
November 18, 2004, 3:40 pm
Blink effect is good for all weapons... don't know what the hell your talking about.
Stealing Medkits inforces you not to just camp
ak is stronger... but.. not by much

Boer
November 18, 2004, 4:02 pm
how do you steal medikits?
anyway the bink effect length is proportional with the cooldown(Rof)-time.
i think that, when you are hit, the cooldowntime should reset,instead of your aim being affected.
that way, the m79 wont be affected. or if that wont ever work, the aiming cursor should jump to a nearby random position, then its a controlled bink effect..

kkazican
November 19, 2004, 4:14 pm
To steal a medikit you simply go to the enemy base and it will spawn at yours. The way the new medikit system works is that whenever you use the medikit it wont spawn in the same location you just got it so that it will hopefully prevent medkit camping.

So for blue team there are 2 medispawns labelled A and B. Blue Soldier gets a health pack at location A. The health pack disappears and spawns at location B if the pack is supposed to respawn.

That is the system used to initiate the "steal" effect. If Red Soldier goes to blue base and runs into Medispawn A and gets a health crate. That health crate will then spawn at Medispawn C or D in red base. The bad part of it however is that if Medispawn B and Medispawn A are very close to the center of the map and you keep taking health packs from there and no enemies are reaching your base where Medispawn A or D is then when you need a health pack after a major firefight in the center. You can either suicide into the enemy base or have to run on the other side of the map to your base for one. The same effect happens if your assaulting blue base and you stole all their medpacks then it's very hard to be able to capture their flag since they respawn in that area and have in a way "infinite health crates" while you only have 1 life before you respawn on the other side of the map to continue your long journey to your death.

It's very good but is also bad in that sense. I hope that helps boer