( search forums )
Tag, Steal the Beacon, and Greed modes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
November 17, 2004, 9:20 pm
I had a sudden thought for a few game modes. They're listed below.

Steal the Beacon:

In Steal the Beacon, there is a single flag placed upon the map. All the players would strive to grab the flag, and for a certain duration of time (perhaps every 5 seconds or so) the person holding the flag would get a point. Kills might not be worth any points at all.

Tag:

In Tag, every player is unarmed except for one. This player is deemed "it" and is given a special Tag cannon. The Tag cannon would shoot a projectile similar to the rambo-bow, and as soon as someone was tagged, he'd lose the Tag cannon and the new person would become "it". Winner is determined by the person who's "it" the least. To prevent people from joining and rejoining, any new player would become "it" automatically.

Greed:

Every player would be out for themselves in Greed matches. All throughout the match, random assortments of treasure would appear, dropping from the sky or just blinking in like the powerups. As you collect more loot, you become worth more. When you're killed, you drop a certain portion of your current loot for others to grab up. The player to collect the most loot at the end of the match, wins.

Skate4Razors
November 17, 2004, 9:29 pm
1. Great

2. Already done

3. Naw... Sorry

Alamo
November 17, 2004, 9:36 pm
I think I agree with Skate4Razors.

Deleted User
November 17, 2004, 9:39 pm
I thought Tag was a good reversal of the Rambomatch idea. Rather than everyone going for the guy with the special weapon, they'd all be running away. -_-

Ahh well. I didn't like Greed anyway, lol

Beren
November 17, 2004, 10:26 pm
Despite popular opinion, I kind of liked Greed.

_Mancer_
November 17, 2004, 10:35 pm
2. If your 'it' after the first minute, you die and you have to wait until the end of the match, so its like a disqualification thing.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 18, 2004, 12:46 am
no, I think he meant that you'll have to run away from the "it" person to stop him from shooting you, and then the person who gets the least amount of times being "it" would win.

but it doesn't really work, unless you make it so that in this mode, new players would stay in Specator mode until the next round starts or something...

I think a variation of it would be to make it so that the LAST person who was it would lose, or make it so that kills count, but if you're "it", you slowly lose points until you can give it to someone else (maybe you get a "Tag Knife" or something...)

Deleted User
November 18, 2004, 2:37 am
Exactly, Leo Da Lunerfox! That's exactly what I meant, and I like your modifications to the idea.

karmazon
November 18, 2004, 2:40 am
I like the tag mode

The Geologist
November 18, 2004, 3:38 am
Interesting ideas indeed :) You should make a mod for the first called "Steal the Bacon"...the implications are obvious.

STEELIX
November 18, 2004, 12:12 pm
the "greed" idea sounds fun to me...

n00bface
November 18, 2004, 1:13 pm
1) suggested
2) suggested + it's too much like rambo
3) it's decent but sounds a bit silly. also a tad bit like pointmatch.

DT
November 18, 2004, 3:43 pm
for tag mode... IT gets a Knife or chainsaw and tries to *tag* (kill) the person and when he does that person is now it and the runners try to survive for a amount of time..(probly be easier that the IT tags the person and he becomes IT also)

bucky_brad
November 18, 2004, 4:00 pm
good ideas but I want to see a king of the hill before any of these are impelemented.