( search forums )
I'm a server admin!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Jello
November 18, 2004, 3:05 am
So im now an admin @ the SML server. Just got the gig today playin a boogie man match. Any thoughts you guys have, tips, advice, etc would be appriciated since I'm a n00b on the aspects of admining.
Thanks

N1nj@
November 18, 2004, 3:16 am
I didnt like it, it was boring.

Skate4Razors
November 18, 2004, 3:53 am
I saw that server, but I didn't join... How did you become the admin of that SML server? I mean, I'm one of the SML's roster thingy, and I've never seen ya before. :)

Element_101
November 18, 2004, 9:45 am
Maybe hes saying the same thing about you.

iLLskiLLs
November 18, 2004, 10:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Skate4RazorsI saw that server, but I didn't join... How did you become the admin of that SML server? I mean, I'm one of the SML's roster thingy, and I've never seen ya before. :)

You must have failed to see Jello's Sig. It's the guy who flies that plane....

Skate4Razors
November 18, 2004, 11:28 am
I guess I did fail... There is no sig. :/

Jello
November 18, 2004, 12:55 pm
I have no clue how i got to be admin...it's not like I play there alot or something...
I was just playing and this guys all "wanna be an admin on this server?" So....who knows?

Elephant_Hunter
November 18, 2004, 1:10 pm
Heh, I think that was me.

n00bface
November 18, 2004, 1:11 pm
well people in my server go wild for ban roulette. what i do is use a special taunts file i created, and randomly during the game i turn my head around, move my keyboard anywhere and randomly press a key. each key's taunt is assigned to "/ban [number]". they go crazy for it. absolutely crazy.

palloco
November 18, 2004, 2:53 pm
LOL, I gotta do that too.

DT
November 18, 2004, 3:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by JelloI have no clue how i got to be admin...it's not like I play there alot or something...
I was just playing and this guys all "wanna be an admin on this server?" So....who knows?

now only if my boss can say "wana have a pay rasie?"...
well all you gota do is keep the peace in the game and ban hackers or eggheads

Chakra
November 18, 2004, 4:06 pm
I personally like to bump up the /maxrespawntime to about 10 ...people seem to appreciate getting the chance to reload after they kill a guy.

Skate4Razors
November 18, 2004, 8:53 pm
Naw, I like to make the spawn time like, 3 I think. It's funny because people use the barrett, and they kill me, then I spawn next to them with a ruger or something. They yell at me a lot, lol.

BManx2000
November 18, 2004, 10:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by iLLskiLLsquote:Originally posted by Skate4RazorsI saw that server, but I didn't join... How did you become the admin of that SML server? I mean, I'm one of the SML's roster thingy, and I've never seen ya before. :)

You must have failed to see Jello's Sig. It's the guy who flies that plane....

You mean Jello is secretly Crackotage?

Jello
November 19, 2004, 2:12 am
Exactly.