( search forums )
Disgraceful behaviour
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Chakra
November 18, 2004, 4:26 am
What compells some people to play like idiots?

I was a in a server with some guy called Unseen Sniper (very original). All he'd ever do was hide and snipe. He'd never get up, not if someone was right behind him with a knife, not if someone was running away with the flag, and didn't bother to help his team at all.

I'll accept camping...camping is quite alright. But people should learn that staying in one spot 'all' the time does not help you win the game. This is the true definition of camping, hence it's considered an insult.

That isn't by far the worst part though... Whenever the other team was winning, he'd change to that team, making the teams unbalanced! Is it such a big deal to be on the winning team?! I had to jump teams 5 times, and 'cos I kept capping, he kept jumping to the winning team!

How do kids justify this? I had to ban the poor [IMAGE] from 2Wai's server after pleading with him to get his pathetic act together.

Do people not see that a game is only fun if you put the effort in to playing and making it fair and equally difficult?

I'm sure you've all been in a situation where you're on the team that's completely obliterating the other, and been on the team that's just getting totalled. Neither of these is as fun as when 'both' teams are equal and getting the flag for either side poses a problem. Try to keep it that way guys.

The Geologist
November 18, 2004, 4:32 am
Amen.

that fuking sniper
November 18, 2004, 5:11 am
I think I might be the person Chakra is talking about. Did he miss all his shots, by any chance?

Elephant_Hunter
November 18, 2004, 5:56 am
I've seen this too many times to recall, but it's common behavior. I find it very honorable of you to ask him to stop before banning him. Most folks wouldn't think twice about it.

Another problem that I'm seeing more often now is the use of words like barretard and camper. They aren't dying down even with the new weapons balance. On most public servers going prone or hiding behind scenery is reason enough to be vote kicked.

Entire clans are supporting this sort of behavior. They'll all group up on one team, unbalancing the ratio, and slaughter a few noobs. All this while shouting ridiculous crap like pwned and wasted!.

Soldat's community is wasting itself.

MarciveR
November 18, 2004, 10:12 am
Yep, gotta love it when someone camps with a Barret in TDM.

LazehBoi
November 18, 2004, 11:19 am
Some people will do whatever to make themselves believe that they're good, and that they won. Selfish behaviour, really. :|

SuperKill
November 18, 2004, 12:05 pm
israeli \ dutch for sure.
actually the only dutch players i know that arent complete idiots are enik and erm.. that dude that was in sv| and dTb.

n00bface
November 18, 2004, 1:16 pm
SBaL is smart, and SQUAL isn't an idiot!

Tha Doggfather
November 18, 2004, 2:26 pm
hey im dutch too (or were you aware of that :()

SuperKill
November 18, 2004, 3:08 pm
k then MOST of the dutch people* !
too many of you to remember :f

DeMonIc
November 18, 2004, 3:20 pm
That's the way of life...there will always be people who play stupid, and act disgraceful.It has something to do with the great equilibrium...or TV.

DT
November 18, 2004, 3:26 pm
People will do anything (gay or not) to get the advantage...

gi.joe
November 18, 2004, 7:57 pm
its a universal problem- australian servers are full of this stuff...

Kazuki
November 18, 2004, 9:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by ChakraDo people not see that a game is only fun if you put the effort in to playing and making it fair and equally difficult?

I'm sure you've all been in a situation where you're on the team that's completely obliterating the other, and been on the team that's just getting totalled. Neither of these is as fun as when 'both' teams are equal and getting the flag for either side poses a problem. Try to keep it that way guys.

No matter how true it is, people seem to deny it. In most public servers, I see people that crouch, shoot, die, move to that spot again, and repeat. I honestly don't know why someone would play a game just so that they can press 3 buttons over and over again.

Elephant Hunter - I don't think that the community is wasting itself, at least not all of it. There are some of us that do the best we can to keep things uptight. Chakra would be a good example. He has constantly told us that the Soldat servers should expand into more possibilities, that there is more to Soldat than CTF and Infiltration. It's just a matter of the way you look at things. Why do you think most of us prefer private servers rather than public ones? It's simply more enjoyable to play with the people here that are in their right minds. I guess we just find ourselves more "worthy" than those we look down upon. =|

Famine
November 18, 2004, 9:20 pm
quote:How do kids justify this?

Maybe because of the fact that it is a [IMAGE]ING GAME!

Kazuki
November 18, 2004, 9:52 pm
Famine, games are made for enjoyment, not annoyment.

Chakra
November 18, 2004, 9:58 pm
game = challenge = fun

?
November 18, 2004, 10:01 pm
:O

BManx2000
November 18, 2004, 10:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcIt has something to do with the great equilibrium...or TV.

You might be on to something there. Maybe he was trying to watch TV and play Soldat at the same time?

Famine
November 18, 2004, 11:30 pm
Maybe he thinks what he does is fun.

MarciveR
November 18, 2004, 11:45 pm
Its sorta like a train reaction.
NoobA camps with the barret, and kills NoobB, NoobB thinks thats the way the get kills, and also settles down with a barret, then kills NoobC. The next thing you know your the only one moving around in the server.

I remember having about 5 barret users camp on the same hill once, they where probobly mates... It was [IMAGE]ing annoying, thank god for nades. :)

Magniitude
November 19, 2004, 12:08 am
Don't you mean "chain"? Doesn't really matter. Some people are just really anoying, especially if their on your team. Once, i was playing a ctf game and this guy kept trying to shoot/blow his teammates up. ALL he did was shoot at us, even if we werent doing anything. FF wasn't on either. If the flag was gone, he would just sit there infront of your spawn point and pretend to shoot at you. Very annoying, considering the fact the other team won't kick him because he isn't doing anything, thus helping them.

Famine
November 19, 2004, 12:37 am
quote:game = challenge = fun

Camper doesnt help your team = more challenging = more fun

Right?

Elephant_Hunter
November 19, 2004, 12:43 am
quote:Originally posted by MarciveR
Its sorta like a train reaction.
NoobA camps with the barret, and kills NoobB, NoobB thinks thats the way the get kills, and also settles down with a barret, then kills NoobC. The next thing you know your the only one moving around in the server.

And you're NoobQ?

Chakra
November 19, 2004, 1:24 am
..I don't think you understand Famine, nor read much of what I said. You a Libra?

DT
November 19, 2004, 4:04 pm
i'm a liberal...
people on the internet will use fake names and act like i giant viginas becuse they can get away with it...

Droopy
November 19, 2004, 8:33 pm
maybe we should take over the servers and set up CONTROLER BOTS that would use wall hax just to piss off n00bs and when a guy named th3_0ne or n00bkiller d00d swears he gets kicked.

Or.. we can just play the game and act smart when somebody says the B word.

Kazuki
November 19, 2004, 9:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra..I don't think you understand Famine, nor read much of what I said. You a Libra?

... :( I'm a Libra.

Chakra
November 19, 2004, 10:48 pm
( Libra's have a habit of argueing for the other side, not for the sake of support but to weigh things out evenly. Hence their being symbolised by a person holding scales )

that fuking sniper
November 20, 2004, 12:58 am
I'm a Libra by definition, not astronomical sign.

Anyway, I'm pretty much sure I was like what you described when I first started. Trying out new stuff, plluing shots at anyone, for fun, careless for the team effort or the round's outcome. It's just newbies exploring the game. Maybe they dont get the importance of the flag yet, maybe they do but they just have other priorities, such as trying stuff out or exploring further into the game. You cant blame them. The only potential solution to your problem would be to play in more private, seculded, and experienced servers.

Messiah
November 20, 2004, 1:22 am
Well, its called n00bs youll have to live with them, they will learn all though this one sounds extremly pathetic and gives a bad name to n00bs, like me ;) because ive seen some n00bs doing the same and i told them not to play like that and i directed them and they really got into it lol. N00bs shall learn...Well most of them xD