( search forums )
HL 2 is Great
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Sprocket
November 18, 2004, 4:27 pm
I have Never Played a game so majestetic.
the graphics are outstanding. it has a perfect story and detail.
there are so many weapons that u will to play forever just to see some of them. the first weapon you get is the Crowbar.
and in HL2, you have a partner. who is it? your partner is the guy you play in HALFLIFE: BLUE SHIFT.

The Best weapon is HL2 is The Gravity Canon.
you can pick ANYTHING up, and thow it like 300ft.

dont post links to warez - Tha Doggfather

The Things that is bad:

- You MUST have internet to play hl2, even offline.

- you MUST register hl2 to play offline.

- No one Can Barrow hl2 cause every copy of hl2 has a unique CD-KEY.

- you CANT install hl2 on more that one pc at the time.

- You Must Have a cd-rom compatible to run DVD's as hl2 is on a DVD.

- If You Loose You cd-key, you will have to Rebuy hl2(since the serial is unique.

- I'm Hungry.

SigHunter
November 18, 2004, 5:04 pm
- If You Loose You cd-key, you will have to Rebuy hl2(since the serial is unique. <- nope because it is registered on your steamaccount...

- You MUST have internet to play hl2, even offline. <- who cares.. i have

- you MUST register hl2 to play offline. <-- who cares.. i did

- you CANT install hl2 on more that one pc at the time. <-- you can..

- No one Can Barrow hl2 cause every copy of hl2 has a unique CD-KEY. <- just use your steamaccount 0.o

Deleted User
November 18, 2004, 5:28 pm

Whoa, that sucks.

Jaz
November 18, 2004, 5:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sprocketmajestetic.
'nuff said

Jaz
November 18, 2004, 5:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jazquote:Originally posted by Sprocketmajestetic.
'nuff said

I want this game.

damnnation
November 18, 2004, 5:54 pm
bah i don't like hl2 the only good about it are the graphics i prefer bying soldat or halo2...

Hektik Sniper
November 18, 2004, 8:10 pm
you only have to register online once, if if the world wasnt full of warezing [IMAGE]s then it wouldnt be like that. ;o

ClanKwH
November 18, 2004, 8:46 pm
You can crack every goddamn game ;)

Elephant_Hunter
November 18, 2004, 9:03 pm
damnnation is such a suck up to the media :P

Half Life 2 is about revolutionizing gameplay... halo 2 was just another tribes.

Shyo
November 18, 2004, 10:31 pm
Half life 2 is fun, especially the grav cannon

karmazon
November 18, 2004, 11:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2 sucks.

Enough said

Social Poison
November 18, 2004, 11:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by ClanKwHYou can crack every goddamn game ;)

Is HL crackable? Sure. Would there be a point? No.

Cracking a game allows you to run it on your local machine when you arn't supposed to be able to... but since Steam has made it so you have to sign in online to be able to play they've all but eliminated that problem.

It's like an MMORPG. Can you share an account across multiple systems? Sure, but you can't have more than one person sign in on the same account/cd key at the same time (barring actually hacking the Steam servers).

The only crack that would allow you to play single player would be one that managed to bypass the actual sign in screens... and Valve could pretty much nuke this possiblity by occasionally checking in during play to see if you're using a legit copy.

By the sound of things if you want to play HL2 you should probably go and just buy a freakin' copy, because I think it'll be a while before someone is able to make a crack that Steam doesn't pwn very quickly.

Magniitude
November 19, 2004, 12:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunterdamnnation is such a suck up to the media :P

Half Life 2 is about revolutionizing gameplay... halo 2 was just another tribes.

I never really liked Tribes. The gameplay was bad, the weapons sucked, and it was hard because the people were all so far way from eachother on the huge maps. All the wepons were almost like types of rocket launchers (spinfusor) so the ammo traveled very slowly and if it did hit, it wouldnt have any special animations; there was no blood, and it only took out maybe 1/3 of the persons health.

Thus, i don't think Halo 2 can be that bad. I'm saving up for Half-life 2 though. Comes w/ CS Source, right?

LumpyFerret
November 19, 2004, 12:15 am
YOU HAVE TO AIM WITH A CONTROLLERRR>>.

WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Tha Doggfather
November 19, 2004, 12:17 am
yes, no matter what version you buy, youll always have CS Source

Elephant_Hunter
November 19, 2004, 12:41 am
quote:

Whoa, that sucks.

May I ask why? (or are you being sarcastic?) Anyways, point being that obviously you have an internet connection if you use these forums. There's no disadvantage to registering as far as I know.

Unless you're talking about cracking the game. Cracks were released before the game even came out on tuesday. Personally I've already bought my copy along with a hardcover version of Half-Life 2 : Raising the Bar.

n00bface
November 19, 2004, 2:10 am
I got HL2 free without really realizing it until a little before it came out when i saw it on my steam list :O must be from that ATI card...
I certainly get stuck at parts a lot though, but I've never had to ask anyone like Doggfather for help on a level near the beginning of the game.

Shyo
November 19, 2004, 6:01 am
the HL2 crack allows you to play without steam, btw.

Hektik Sniper
November 19, 2004, 9:44 am
warez = bad, btw

Elephant_Hunter
November 19, 2004, 1:56 pm
quote:warez = bad, btw

Warez is okay if you weren't going to buy the software anyways. I like to see what it does before I purchase it. The only game I've bought without checking out what the registered version was like first was Soldat... because it's only $9.00.

b00stA
November 19, 2004, 6:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Social Poisonquote:Originally posted by ClanKwHYou can crack every goddamn game ;)

There definately is a point, especially for HL2.
A friend of mine was looking forward to HL2 so he bought it the first day, got home, installed.. and had to wait a few hours just to active the game. His connection is ISDN, so it went pretty slow.

The cracks are PERFECT for people who legally bought it, but don't want to activate/download etc. stuff just to install it.
He called the support and asked if there's another way because his connection is so bad, but they said something like "No, it's the only way we can prevent pirating."
Guess what, there already are cracks for playing Halflife 2 without doing it via Steam.

SuperKill
November 19, 2004, 6:25 pm
amen for S.nova

Tha Doggfather
November 19, 2004, 7:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAquote:Originally posted by Social Poisonquote:Originally posted by ClanKwHYou can crack every goddamn game ;)

There definately is a point, especially for HL2.
A friend of mine was looking forward to HL2 so he bought it the first day, got home, installed.. and had to wait a few hours just to active the game. His connection is ISDN, so it went pretty slow.

I dont think it was his connections fault, it took me a long time too. It was just because millions of people were trying to register and unlock their files at the same time that first day.

Meandor
November 19, 2004, 7:07 pm
What is the gameplay difference between your usual FPS and HL2 anyway?

Tha Doggfather
November 19, 2004, 7:36 pm
it has the best physics of every FSP, the AI is really good too. Levels are varied, puzzels need to be solved now and then (not you avarage "omg this door is locked, lets find the key").

Vehicles (this has been done before in FPS, i know).

Weapons are unique, especially the gravity gun (aka manipulator), with this tool you can pick up EVERYTHING (if its not too heavy), and use it as a weapon.

The game plays like an action movie, you feel like your actually IN the game, i never had this before with any other game ive played.

Stop questioning HL2's greatness and get a (legal) copy, you wont regret it.

Meandor
November 19, 2004, 9:22 pm
so basically nothing fundamental changes -.-

karmazon
November 19, 2004, 11:33 pm
In your face HL2 bitches

frogboy
November 20, 2004, 12:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Hektik Sniperwarez = bad, btw

Agreed, since it's HL2.

I'm buying my copy today (the d*ck smith shop near my house FINALLY has it (yay))

Niff
November 20, 2004, 2:36 am
karmazon has a bad case of the anti-fanboy. Shut the [IMAGE]ing bridge. Nobody would care.

karmazon
November 20, 2004, 3:37 am
Haha, so people that like the game can express their opinions, but people that don't like it, can't ?
In your face bitch, your logic is a one big fallacy, and I'm hope you're metabolism slows down and you get fat

Michal
November 20, 2004, 3:57 am
HL2 looks more realistic than Doom3 IMO, but I still wouldn't buy either of them, I wouldn't download an illegal copy either :P . Most of the time I don't like games that are really popular anyway.

karmazon
November 20, 2004, 3:57 am
Cause they suck

BManx2000
November 20, 2004, 4:49 am
quote:but they said something like "No, it's the only way we can prevent pirating."

As is evidenced, obviously there is no way to prevent pirating, so they should just go back to using CD keys. they work just as well but don't piss off half the players.

Sprocket
November 20, 2004, 7:05 am
god.. hl2 has been out for 2-3 days .
and found like 5-6 crack

btw: i bought hl2 on www.gamesmix.com
great netstore

LazehBoi
November 20, 2004, 7:34 am
I'm probably going to buy it tomorrow, or on Monday, or sometime in the future... I was considering downloading it... But yeah, the Steam preventing thing, there are cracks, but i'm too lazy to do crap like that. That and I want to buy the game because it's great.

Sprocket
November 20, 2004, 7:56 am
i heard there was a hl2 non-steam crack somewhere..

Hektik Sniper
November 20, 2004, 8:09 am
Amblin, Unlocking HL2 depends on the speed of your cpu not your internet connection speed.

Sprocket
November 20, 2004, 8:13 am
yea.. so?

Hektik Sniper
November 20, 2004, 8:52 am
so it wasnt his friends ISDN that made it unlock slowly.

frogboy
November 20, 2004, 9:55 am
Yeah, and it still took half an hour on mine :P

Niff
November 21, 2004, 6:47 am
Whoops, forgot to check topic.

karmazon, jesus christ. You don't like the game? Fine. You don't need to post random [IMAGE] after everyone has expressed their positive opinions on the game. You're obviously doing it to be an annoying troll.

karmazon
November 21, 2004, 9:01 am
And guess what I have a right to be an annoying troll. I hope you get it. I have a right to say that this game sucks(in my opinion of course, no one has to agree), even after "everyone has expressed their positive opinions on the game". If you don't like it, sanction me with army. Oh wait you don't have an army. Then you should shut the [IMAGE] up, that's what I would do if I had no army biatch.

SuperKill
November 21, 2004, 9:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Sprocketi heard there was a hl2 non-steam crack somewhere..

buy the damn game cheapass ;p

anyway i got a question to those of you that progressed the game abit; you know when you click on new game and then that chapter menu comes up, does the other chapters unlock while you finish the first ones ? or do you need another cd or something to unlock them ?
[IMAGE]

m00`
November 21, 2004, 9:18 am
A chapter unlocks when you start it

Hektik Sniper
November 21, 2004, 9:42 am
or when you warez the game ;o

Subslider
November 21, 2004, 12:35 pm
mmm im back of my cave.. :P

i just finised the game and was a game to not forget.. the gameplay the AI.. they thaught of everthing..

but ofcourse there are somethings i dont like..

- the open end.. i hate open ends.. now i have to wait another 5/6 for HL3.. >.< Hope they release an expansion pack soon

- The stuff they left out.. the alpha version was so filled with goodies and stuff.. they left a lot of things out that were great.. (hope they include it in the Expansion..:P )

- No official multiplayer yet..

bucky_brad
November 21, 2004, 1:17 pm
CS:S is the official muitlplayer.

Niff
November 21, 2004, 6:36 pm
I'm not a troll, I'm DEALING with a troll. " In your face HL2 bitches"? What was the point in posting that?

Oh, and we do have an army. We're cleaning up after yours. :P

karmazon
November 21, 2004, 7:57 pm
My point was to piss you off, and it worked.
I wasn't talking about your country I was talking about you biatch.

Niff
November 22, 2004, 3:29 am
And you have an army since.. when? :P

What game are you a fanboy to, anyways? Halo? MGS?

DannyLB
November 22, 2004, 6:49 am
yep i downloaded it, i mean bought it. Nice game

Subslider
November 22, 2004, 4:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by bucky_bradCS:S is the official muitlplayer.

yea i know but thats like an total diff. gamestyle..

i meant an MP for like HL2 DM.. but i think that is gonna be left to the modders..

bucky_brad
November 22, 2004, 4:39 pm
it is indeed.

Niff
November 23, 2004, 5:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Subsliderquote:Originally posted by bucky_bradCS:S is the official muitlplayer.

yea i know but thats like an total diff. gamestyle..

i meant an MP for like HL2 DM.. but i think that is gonna be left to the modders..

They're working on it already, it'll be here in a few weeks.

Hektik Sniper
November 23, 2004, 8:02 am
quote:Originally posted by Subslidermmm im back of my cave.. :P

i just finised the game and was a game to not forget.. the gameplay the AI.. they thaught of everthing..

but ofcourse there are somethings i dont like..

- the open end.. i hate open ends.. now i have to wait another 5/6 for HL3.. >.< Hope they release an expansion pack soon

- The stuff they left out.. the alpha version was so filled with goodies and stuff.. they left a lot of things out that were great.. (hope they include it in the Expansion..:P )

- No official multiplayer yet..

Valve have said that they will not be creating a new engine for HL3, as source has all the power they need. And as the majority of the time spent working on HL2 was creating the source engine, then HL3 should be a lot faster. I wouldnt expect anything more than 1-2 possibly 3 years. But we will definatly have at least 2 expansion packs first.

Element_101
November 23, 2004, 8:45 am
Question: Can You Use The Same CD Key For CS Sorce, Via LAN?

Sprocket
November 23, 2004, 11:02 am
the most people i know, have completed hl2 already..

Melba
November 23, 2004, 6:23 pm
Question: Can You Stop Typing With A Capital Letter In The First Letter In Every [IMAGE]ing Word You Write?+

Sprocket
November 24, 2004, 11:15 am
whoa.. you really are noob and gay..

Jaz
November 24, 2004, 1:52 pm
can you play hl2 online and do ctf n [IMAGE], like quake. Or can you not?

Tha Doggfather
November 24, 2004, 3:38 pm
no you can't, you'll have to wait till mods are made