( search forums )
Player/Clan Profile Browser
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Icarius
November 18, 2004, 6:35 pm
This idea comes straight from Tribes 2, so those who know of this will understand straight away as to what I mean here. Anyway, on with it.

I've noticed a few servers have been getting stat systems (like laughingllama.org ) which generate scores for those who have been playing on them. It would be nice if players could be tracked though and their history recorded.

Of course this would benefit Michal as people wouldn't be able to leak the Registration Version, it would be server side rather than a client side hack.

The way this would work is...

Game Loads
Enter Name and Password to account
Logs into Master Server/Hub
Player Changes Profile to how he see's fit. (Records name changes/clan's joined, whatever)
Player Happy with Changes (OK)
Player would go onto a server, and server sends data at end of match to Master Server/Hub

Things in the player profile browser would include a small description from the player about themselves, his history in soldat, his gun usage and how he does in game. also other elements that could be included are Avatar as well....

Just a thought, sorry if you can't track it, but people who play Tribes 2 will know exactly what I mean.

palloco
November 18, 2004, 6:45 pm
Nope, companies like teh one which made Tribes can allow such a server to have accounts.
Maybe you could record on the server encrypted reg key and IP, to send to Michal or some moderator and he tells which ips should be banned