( search forums )
Remove Berrett Bullet Camera
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Soap
November 18, 2004, 11:31 pm
When shooting after zooming in with the berrett, the camera follows the bullet for a neat effect. I think this should be removed from the game. Essentially, it has the potential to give the player a view of large parts of the battle field by firing a bullet. Unrealistic and a bit of a cheat. I think it should be removed.

I've certainly been using this exploit for quite a while and it is helpful for seeing what the enemy team is up to every now and again. I just don't think it's fair.

The Geologist
November 18, 2004, 11:43 pm
I have to agree...there have been a few times where this has gotten me killed because I couldn't turn back to fire on my opponent quickly enough. Take it out :)

Yin_Starrunner
November 19, 2004, 12:25 am
I don't think this should be taken out because ESSENTIALLY it is the only way to know if you're getting close when you're firing at a target, and the only way to know how you should adjust your aim to hit the target.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 19, 2004, 1:03 am
agreed, that bullet feature is one of the most important uses of the barret, to tell where people are coming from

Elephant_Hunter
November 19, 2004, 1:08 am
Good point, Soap... but since when was realism the goal of Soldat?

N1nj@
November 19, 2004, 1:16 am
let's make barret unshootable, then we will all be happy

Yin_Starrunner
November 19, 2004, 1:18 am
I won't. I love camping.

Elephant_Hunter
November 19, 2004, 1:18 am
quote:let's make barret unshootable, then we will all be happy

Good idea! And let's all break our hands so then we can not play soldat.

zyxstand
November 19, 2004, 1:36 am
i would like that feature out cuz it rly aint fair and realistically u can't shoot at a stationary person and keep adjusting ur shot if u missed him cuz u rly shouldn't b allowed to see so far and it does exploit the game and also i hate the fact tht i can't turn aroud when firing a shot - especially a vertical shot where it takes even longer for the bullet view to end

N1nj@
November 19, 2004, 2:22 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandi would like that feature out cuz it rly aint fair and realistically u can't shoot at a stationary person and keep adjusting ur shot if u missed him cuz u rly shouldn't b allowed to see so far and it does exploit the game and also i hate the fact tht i can't turn aroud when firing a shot - especially a vertical shot where it takes even longer for the bullet view to end
Just switch your weapon if you dont have the patience to wait for the bullet view to end. that's not a reason to take the effect off.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 19, 2004, 2:49 am
good suggestions....but I would predict alot more ruger/M79 users will come up in place of barrets. Plus, the Barret had been seriously nerfed enough already, all weapons are very very balenced (except when one whole team uses miniguns, but thats not the case)

zyxstand
November 19, 2004, 3:23 am
well Ninja - every second counts when reloading the barett and its not a question of patience but rather of life or death!

N1nj@
November 19, 2004, 3:42 am
lol, so are you saying that removing the bullet view effect will be a benifit to all barret users?

anyway, you don't even have to switch weapon in order to get out of the bullet trace view. You can just stand up by un-crouching or un-proning.

DT
November 19, 2004, 4:27 am
/support = -100%
no
its fine
leave it
its cool anyways

LazehBoi
November 19, 2004, 8:40 am
Nah... I like it when it does that... Getting rid of that would make the barret suck more than it does already. :Q

Jap_man
November 19, 2004, 9:09 am
I'm with lazeh, keep the barret the way it is.
No point changing it.

Marine
November 20, 2004, 3:56 am
Haha. This is one feature that actually limits the Barretts power. If Michal takes it out, you'll still go on bitching about how overpowered it is.

Michal
November 20, 2004, 4:05 am
Maybe it should be made an option like the sniper line, "sniper cam" or something. I don't really care though I don't use the Barrett anyway :P

Deleted User
November 20, 2004, 3:09 pm
Barret is supposed to be a sniper rifle, not assault rifle.

Alamo
November 20, 2004, 5:13 pm
um hohoo? What thread were you reading when posting? Noone even said anything about the misuse of barrett for assault purposes...

I do not think that option should be taken out.

Swarmer
November 20, 2004, 8:30 pm
The point of a barrett is to snipe. Your zoom is already severly limited. If i remember correctly, a real-life barrett has a range of several kilometers. yeah, if you could zoom indefinetly, that would be unfair, but i think being able to see where your shooting is not only fair but neccessary. What kind of sniper rifle lets you shoot only 75 yards?

additionally, the barrett has already been nerfed, so it cant be used as an assault rifle as effectively. its SUPPOSED to be used for camping. thats why its ok to do that.

Plus, nothing is more fun than sniping spawn points from three-fourths of the map away on Run and B2B :D

Unlucky 13
November 23, 2004, 8:26 am
I use it (when i defend in CTF) to view the whole battlefield and see how many people are coming, where from and who for. If i see a man coming for our F-C, i yell "COVER THE FLAG CARRIER! ENEMY INCOMING!". It would make you/your team have less communication from long-range.

m00`
November 23, 2004, 9:05 am
u know the best way to balance the barret is to remove the cursor when ur not zooming in with the barret, that would encourage more sniping and less assaulting..

SuperKill
November 23, 2004, 9:18 am
keyword = OPTIONAL!
quote:Originally posted by m00`that would encourage more sniping and less assaulting..

camping*
yea that would be so "fun".. :/

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 10:07 pm
i don't really care, either way its fine

Yin_Starrunner
November 23, 2004, 10:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillkeyword = OPTIONAL!
quote:Originally posted by m00`that would encourage more sniping and less assaulting..

camping*
yea that would be so "fun".. :/

Well, It's what the barret was made for.

mipit
November 24, 2004, 12:09 am
I dont have any problem with the cam on a barret. well i love it. i bomb and when some one fires and misses when in zoom i kill me hehe