( search forums )
Advanced mode suggestion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Lord_Riff_Raff
November 19, 2004, 8:39 pm
I've had an idea (which someone else has probably thought of before, but anyway).

Rather than restrict which weapons people can use in advanced mode based on their kills, why don't you just make it so that only one of each weapon spawns on the map. So if you want the barett you'll have to kill the guy with it or hunt for it.

Just my two cents.

Skate4Razors
November 19, 2004, 9:11 pm
Well, it kinda is already like that... If you kill someone with a barrett, then you can pick it up. The hunting thingy would be too much like Rambo, so I wouldn't like this idea much...

n00bface
November 19, 2004, 10:03 pm
Fun idea, maybe make it a whole different mode. And this isn't like Rambo, S4R...there are 12 weapons, everyone with their own unique weapon (or something along those lines). sounds great.

AerialAssault
November 19, 2004, 11:24 pm
sounds cool the way n00bface puts it. well call it...greed mode!

DT
November 20, 2004, 12:29 am
*gets a ak*
*looks around for deagles*
*sees someone and kills them*
*then looks for a law*
/yea

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 20, 2004, 6:40 am
what if theres more then 12 people? the screen would end up being cluttered with all these weapon icons...

Lord_Riff_Raff
November 20, 2004, 7:08 am
Well everyone could start with a secondary only. And the primaries are the weapons that spawn at a randomly selected path node.

papasurf31
November 20, 2004, 12:01 pm
Hmm...I like this idea, but then it would turn into 10 n00bs all going after the guy with the barret and getting picked off one by one.

Michal
November 20, 2004, 3:29 pm
This would make an interesting mode of play, I like it. I don't think it would be too hard to program in spawn points for weapons, since the Rambo bow already does pretty much the same thing.

Yin_Starrunner
November 22, 2004, 1:20 am
Yes, teh spawn points for weapons.... I was thinking of that one a while back... sounds a bit more like UT or Quake, no?

F3nyx
November 22, 2004, 4:19 am
Having weapon spawn points switches the focus from fighting to camping weapon spawns. In games with weapon spawns like UT and Quake, it's kind of sad how "pro" matches are all about camping the armor, health, and guns rather than having better aim, maneuvering, etc. It might be interesting, but being able to choose a weapon at spawn gives Soldat a pureness that most fighting games lack.

Lord_Riff_Raff
November 22, 2004, 5:12 am
Yes but the weapons don't have spawn points per say. They simply spawn at a random path node at the start of the game. However if the weapon hasn't been picked up for x seconds then the weapon respawns on a different point (important on maps will killzones otherwise eventually all the weapons will be stuck there).

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 22, 2004, 5:30 am
I really support this idea here, because this way, I could finally make single player maps that starts with the players not having weapons and such, and will have to take roles.

It would be even better if there was an option to have bots be excluded from this rule, and be able to have all other weapons.