( search forums )
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
that fuking sniper
November 20, 2004, 1:02 am
What's with people thinking that now the barret is finally balanced?

It's still good enough for me. Why? Because I can still get people to die before their (slower) bullets hit me and mess up my aim. I barely ever have a hard time making the shot - it works like it always had in most cases now. I dont get you people, one little insignificant change and now its supposed to be fair and balanced? It's still overpowered, that means I still love it. Even I got more kills than deaths with it, so it has to be good.

Messiah
November 20, 2004, 1:26 am
Who said it was balanced? i dont think its balanced and i dont mind it, barret=challenge=Fun, if there is no barret what would tehre be to complain about? It's the spice in soldat it pisses people off and its funny lol so ive gotten use to the barret and dont mind it ;D.

_Mancer_
November 20, 2004, 1:27 am
Amen. *raises fist in righteous fury*

karmazon
November 20, 2004, 1:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Messiahbarret=challenge

hahahaha

frogboy
November 20, 2004, 2:16 am
Psst, TFS, you're not supposed to argue against it... just sit back and use Barret, and no-one will care for once.

_Mancer_
November 20, 2004, 3:52 am
I have 15000+ kills with barret alone... almost at half 100000 all together. ..Ill never stop XD

karmazon
November 20, 2004, 3:58 am
That's not something to be proud of

Cookie.
November 20, 2004, 4:21 am
agreed

_Mancer_
November 20, 2004, 4:33 am
For me it is :)

n00bface
November 20, 2004, 6:33 am
Well now with the new version newbies suck at the barret (moreso than before) so it's not as annoying being repetitivly fragged by an asshat named Soldier. So now I'm guessing that the newbies will expand their horizons and use other weapons, so in a few months from now the barret population will have dwindled. mmm yes, much so!

LazehBoi
November 20, 2004, 7:26 am
I've seen a Soldier use an automatic. GASP.
Mmm, balance.

Elephant_Hunter
November 20, 2004, 9:47 am
Barret is as balanced as it needs to be.

Yin_Starrunner
November 20, 2004, 2:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiI've seen a Soldier use an automatic. GASP.
Mmm, balance.

Ya, that was probably me. I stayed as soldier for a few days after switching to 1.2.1....

Sprocket
November 20, 2004, 2:32 pm
that fuking sniper - asshat, should know better that naming a topic "..."

?
November 20, 2004, 2:36 pm
Tfs can kill with anything so this is no suprize.....

Chakra
November 20, 2004, 5:57 pm
Remember the days of yester-year when your typical barretard wasn't brave enough to shoot from any and all angles?...he'd zoom in to at least half a screens distance, take a few shots perhaps, and waste the enemy at a close distance.

In 1.2.1, doing this is most usually suicide. Otherwise the barret remains a very effective weapon. Balanced or not, what's important is that it doesn't dominate.

SuperKill
November 20, 2004, 6:02 pm
(like it used to)

DT
November 22, 2004, 3:19 pm
yea... what age that was... er i mean version...

Kazuki
November 22, 2004, 9:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperWhy? Because I can still get people to die before their (slower) bullets hit me and mess up my aim.

Christ, ... most of the more experienced players won't really go head on towards a barreter.

that fuking sniper
November 22, 2004, 10:18 pm
Most of the experienced players wont really go out of his range either. They still die. Your point?

Kazuki
November 23, 2004, 1:01 am
My point is that people usually are able to find a way around getting in his range. That's what I meant by not going straight forward into his zone.

peemonkey
November 23, 2004, 2:10 am
why did he make AK better though? now im not the only one in all them servers usin it :'(

BManx2000
November 23, 2004, 2:34 am
IT'S ONE POINT UPGRADE GET OVER IT CHRIST AAARGH!

Marine
November 23, 2004, 5:13 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeywhy did he make AK better though? now im not the only one in all them servers usin it :'(

Because, it was easily whooped by the Steyr, since faster fire rate, AK was only slightly more powerful, now AK is more powerful which offsets slower firing rate.

DT
November 23, 2004, 3:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazukiquote:Originally posted by that fuking sniperWhy? Because I can still get people to die before their (slower) bullets hit me and mess up my aim.

Christ, ... most of the more experienced players won't really go head on towards a barreter.

*cough* i go right at them and fake it so they miss... you would be suprised how piss they get when they miss me

LazehBoi
November 23, 2004, 8:17 pm
Psyching them out is the best thing against a tunnel camper... It's even better if you taunt them when they miss... I think i'll make a taunt saying "PSYCHE!!1111".