( search forums )
How to win a clan war in 1.2.1, step by step
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Meandor
November 20, 2004, 5:13 pm
1. Open soldat
2. Type in the server details
3. Click, in the weapons menu, on the weapon that looks like a green bat, then on the number 3 or 9
4. Force your teammates to do the same
5. Enjoy
Seriously, in all the clanwars i've been playing since 1.2.1 was out, ak and minime were ALWAYS there, and just yesterday i played against a team where all 3 used minimi and laws. This is just stupid, i'm going back to barret.

LazehBoi
November 20, 2004, 5:16 pm
Yet another reason why clans suck! Yay.
I guess you could do TDM clanwars... But nobody likes TDM :|

Skate4Razors
November 20, 2004, 5:17 pm
What's so bad about the minimi? I don't use it... but the LAW? The LAW is just... just... GREAT!

Edit: Forgot my PINK! :(

chakapoko maker
November 20, 2004, 5:58 pm
minimi needs bink effect. it's machingun, which is set on for fire, and should not be used as assault rifle. its reload time doesn't make substantial sense in general. give it bink or lower accuracy (especially in air), it is right to other autos. also LAW is supposed to be a binked weapon. ak is just a lame weapon and i personally call it "all the time".

Chakra
November 20, 2004, 6:04 pm
I quit my clan BA because of this. All clan wars thus far have been dull and samey thanks to these autos. They're the new superiority weapon.

I think part of the problem lies in when we were doing beta ...for a long time the only weapons that were 'binked' were m79 and Barret, at which balanced seemed fine. Then someone suggested it would be fairer if all weapons were binked. We barely had 2 days to really test 'all' guns being binked before it was released, so now the likes of ruger, desert eagles and such no longer have their usual helpfulness against autos.

Hektik Sniper
November 20, 2004, 6:13 pm
yes exactly Chak, and we didnt test it properly in a clanwar to see how it worked. Clan soldat is even worse than 1.2 now, which i didnt think was possible :/

palloco
November 20, 2004, 6:21 pm
LOL
What I said all the time, people will always whine on a weapon

Skate4Razors
November 20, 2004, 6:21 pm
Well, if we didn't have so many whiners, the weapons would be fine. The Bink is really just dumb, because people are not using the weapons they once enjoyed... Now, the AK, and others are too strong. This might be the wrong section... =/

ThaD
November 20, 2004, 6:59 pm
play on Run and your problem is solved

Scuba Steve
November 20, 2004, 7:49 pm
Lol have you even used deagles they are still godlike..they can defeat any weapon..

Jello
November 20, 2004, 8:18 pm
Deagles=the best. I can't defend for [IMAGE] against em. Whenever I see a Deagler comin at me, I pretty much just die right there.
Not that they're overpowered or anything...just good.

Avskum
November 20, 2004, 8:33 pm
I just think you guys are getting too sensitive.
Clanwars has never been better, and the weapon usage can be truly versatile. (Except in the case of Cbble.)
Aks and minimis are just a gun amongst the others to me, if we count out spaz and minigun, which i personally cant use. :o
Obviously theres something you aint telling me here, because i dont see where youre getting all this from.

3rd_account
November 20, 2004, 8:44 pm
In my mind only the M79 is the only underpowered weapon. The rest are more or less balanced.

The Minimi isn't generally that good, I think it depends on the map and location on the map. If it was a map like Cambodia then AK, Minimi, Ruger and Barret would rule, but on smaller and compact ones like voland or whatever, I'd prefer MP5 anytime.

Urhos
November 20, 2004, 9:17 pm
I think im the only1 using spas in cw's nowadays -.-

that fuking sniper
November 20, 2004, 10:07 pm
Spas can stand up to any auto. Especially on small maps such as Kampf, Death, and Laos. I love that weapon, and I can also push the flag carrier faster when he escapes with the flag, giving him a nice boost, and dealing with all who would pursue accordingly. It's one of my favourite guns.

Ruger is just too slow for me now, I get molested by AK's and AUG's when I'm with it, with the exception of ctf_Run, which is perfect for ruger.

But I do agree that the Minimi and AK are just too much now. Why were they upgraded more than they were already? The minimi especially, since it has 50 bullets to spit before it has to reload. One could get 3-4 kills per magazine easily, plus its the easiest gun to aim. To me at least.

Urhos
November 20, 2004, 10:35 pm
Spas is great on big maps too >;U
I usually get highest kill count in b2b with it >;Q

Pulp
November 20, 2004, 10:40 pm
Well, how is a CW going on nowadays.

You're trying to avoid the spraystorm, in the best case surviving it with the lost of more than half of your health. Than finally starts the 'duel' between you and your opponent whose auto-gun is already reloaded ofcourse. Again he's spraying "in the nearness of you" from an left or right-above angle (you are out of jetpack cause you had to avoid the spray before). With the help of the new improvements, the bink effect and the ricochet, it's hardly impossible to kill an autogun-player with a ruger/deagles. Especially cause most maps are not bigger than a few square inches.

So basically clanwars in 1.2.1 requires, a right continued click on the left-button of your mouse combined with an aiming of the level 'played a week of soldat' to reach succes.

So this is a call-up to all soldatplayers, if you're playing this game to boost your self esteem, to finally succeed in things by so-called teamwork, to avoid the challenge and conquer in the most economic way, I have only one advice for you, join a soldat-clan.

Success guaranteed.

Denacke
November 20, 2004, 11:26 pm
I agree with you Meandor, 100% Minimi is the new crap.

grand_diablo
November 20, 2004, 11:56 pm
I dont think its that worse. You can still outclass every gun with almost any other, if you just do some more dodging and play in general more tactically. IF you rush straight forward all the time, then you will fo course come to die in the "spraystorm". If you wait a bit, the time will come when the autoplayer needs to reload soon. If it comes to direct combat, use your grenades wisely, and do also use covers for short periods. Adapt your playstyle and your weapon selection to each map and opponent.

1.2.1 requires a different style of playing than 1.2.0. I agree, that all automatics (I wouldnt reduce that to AK and minimi only) could be weaker by 10%, but until this is not done, adapt your play.

PS: Id rather face a bunch of AKers and Minimiers in 1.2.1 than a bunch of barretards in 1.2.0 ;)

Hanayo
November 20, 2004, 11:58 pm
agreed*
nowadays its really hard to find a *nice* clan and have a good match ..
aks and minimis are everywhere .. :o

and its not acceptable that we HAVE to use barret (1.2.0) or minimi (1.2.1) to have a chance ..

Avskum
November 21, 2004, 12:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Pulp With the help of the new improvements, the bink effect and the ricochet, it's hardly impossible to kill an autogun-player with a ruger/deagles. Especially cause most maps are not bigger than a few square inches.

So basically clanwars in 1.2.1 requires, a right continued click on the left-button of your mouse combined with an aiming of the level 'played a week of soldat' to reach succes.

Gah stop the madness. Ruger/deagles is a fullworhty comeback to an auto. :o

Deleted User
November 21, 2004, 12:18 am
I really couldn't care less about what weapons aren't strong enough, and what weapons are too strong..blah..blah..blah. Killing and Dying in Soldat are equally fun for me.
~Getting blown up in mid air,
~Having a knife stuck in my face,
~Getting mowed down by a sea of bullets,
~Being shot point blank by a barret and having my head screaming "weeeeee!" all they way across the map,
~Tryin to kill someone and end up throwing a grenade right back into my face,
~Slowly dying in bullet time <--(Most beautiful effect ever),
~Respawning and taking five steps, only to suddenly explode for no raisin at all,
~Emptying 10,000 bullets into ony guy, only to suddenly fall down to the ground limp with no Kill Message displayed,
Ahhh the joys of death, if anyone else enjoys this aspect of Soldat as much as I do, speak now!

KnOt
November 21, 2004, 12:32 am
Meandor.. minimi's power was not increased at all for this version. Not that it isn't over powered, but still. Anyway.. I've switched to m79 for I believe it is the fairest weapon to use in this version .. And, grand diablo is right.. if you use your head a little you can overcome any weapon.. That is how i use my m79. Also, I can beat any auto with deagles ( depending on the range) Same goes with spas .. each weapon has its own advantages..

Chakra
November 21, 2004, 12:52 am
I dunno...I have a real hard time killing a minimi with something like ruger, spas, or DE's as my aim just gets [IMAGE]ed by the bink while i'm taking a steady stream of damage. Is there some way to counter the bink-aim that you guys ain't telling me about?

Of course it probably could be a simple matter of avoiding being shot....but thats just bullsheet. You're gonna get shot.

T-Money
November 21, 2004, 1:02 am
A minimi is no problem if you either:

a/ Shoot him in the head with a barret from half-screen away.
b/ Come in fast and put a 40mm M79 shot in his face.
c/ Kill him with any other gun.

In my experience, there is always SOMEBODY who is using one of these guns. I agree that they are WAY overpowered in 1.2.1, but it's really not all that bad. You just have to learn how to avoid their fire and wait for that long, lovely reload. Once you get there, you're home free.

I really don't see why people complain about people using weapons. Sure, some are overpowered, and some are too easy for noobs to whore on, and some get one-hit kills, but just remember that no matter what gun they're using, if they're doing really well with it obivously they have some skill. I'm [IMAGE] with AK/Minimi because I rarely use them. I never used them even when I was in a clan and we had CWs. But if someone else can use it well, then why should we complain?

Spectral
November 21, 2004, 4:07 am
well going 1v1 against someone with a minimi is quite different than going up against a team of 3 of them, as Meandor originally said. The rain of bullets is really tough to beat with other guns

Jello
November 21, 2004, 7:18 am
To me, the way I feel about a weapon is based not on it's level of power, but level of annoyance.
Ferinstance, when someone hiding behind some kind of scenery blasts me away with a barret, I always get all mad and go back and stick a knife in his head and complain and bitch and etc...
But when someone shoots me with an auto, over powered or not, I don't really care, cause I had my chance to shoot him, probably put some damage on him at least, if not killing him. It's not like he's running at you with a fully loaded barret and you have absolutely no chance. Autos aren't that bad, quit your whining.

Hercule Poirot
November 21, 2004, 9:02 am
I say...

1. Michal makes option to ON/OFF bink effect in options
2. Michal makes option to ON/OFF medkit stealing in options
3. Michal changes ak to old 1.2 killing power
------------------
I'm sick off all using ak now since it's "best" gun to kill ppl and i'm sick of ak that much that i stopped using it and found m79/knife compo +i have killed myself like 8 times on kampf becouse of that stupid bink effect -.- if i'm close to roof even i'm aiming down!!! and any autogunnetard guy comes and shoots at me and i shoot aiming down all the time bam it hits roof and i kill myself :<

DeMonIc
November 21, 2004, 9:33 am
This town ain't biggin enough for all 'em AK-s.
*grabs his barrett*

Autos are fad weapons now, and even tough it's hard to overcome them with other weapons, like GD said, it isn't as hard as overcoming barretteers in 1.2.0...

palloco
November 21, 2004, 10:16 am
It is good to know that the veterans who can use every weapon like Avskrum agree with me.
Others were always whining about barret, minimi or whatever they had chance so it's nothing new.

ThaD
November 21, 2004, 10:36 am
*cough* human nature *cough*

Jaz
November 21, 2004, 12:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hercule PoirotI say...

1. Michal makes option to ON/OFF bink effect in options
-.- if i'm close to roof even i'm aiming down!!! and any autogunnetard guy comes and shoots at me and i shoot aiming down all the time bam it hits roof and i kill myself :<

yeeeesSSSS to number 1 and I thought that was my moues fault. Get the bink to [IMAGE] and reduce auto powah.

Deleted User
November 21, 2004, 1:29 pm
Adding binks effect to barret and law was a good idea, adding it to other guns was a stupid idea. As Hercule said, m79 vs any auto is just BS now. People should start playing advance mode, that way you really put people's skills to the test ;I

Meandor
November 21, 2004, 2:27 pm
@Knot 'Meandor.. minimi's power was not increased at all for this version.' i didn't say that.
My point is not that minimi and ak are overpowered, or i would've said 'nerf them'. But autos' power does sum up in teams, more than other weapons, that's why an ak or minimi alone are balanced. That's also why i said i was going back to barret, because probably the only way to counter a team of ak/minimi is to have an all barret team, or, fight fire with fire, do the same.
The perfect solution to me is the team balance idea that was suggested more than once in suggestions forum.
A server can set the amount of weapons each team has, and 1 for each kind of weapon for 3v3 and 4v4 games would make it really interesting (which means: every person in a team has to choose a different weapon). For pub games, it's just fine as it is, it should be used just for clanwars.
Also, it could be not just 1 for weapon, but like 2 barrets per team + 2 minime and 0 for the rest (example).
And to add to the good points of this idea, it could make room for new, actually overpowered (or underpowered) weapons. To make it clearer, another example - let's say a heavy machinegun is added, the server could put 1 of them per team, and the other weapons unlimited. It would be a sort of weapons editor, server admins can basically change the balance without messing with weapons (annoying)

Edit: Lazeh, i tried TDM, me and n00bface are in ESL 2on2. We lost the last match we played vs a team that used 2 minimi all the time. (60-58/52-60, won one lost one. That's the other reason i stopped playing ESL, point difference in a tie decides the winner. We lost our first for 1 kill, and the second for 6, that's just stupid.)

palloco
November 21, 2004, 2:47 pm
LOL. I imagine that option added and the dude that only can choose minigun is kicked because he is using minigun.

Hanayo
November 21, 2004, 11:03 pm
removing the bink wont help or do you want the version 1.2 back?
just reduce it so that it is still POSSIBLE to hit wih ruger and deagles (with some luck ;o).

and let bink affect all types of weapons .. why doesnt the bink affect on minimi, ak, .... ??? that way it would be more important to hit first with an auto against an auto user ..!

Chakra
November 22, 2004, 2:02 am
Good point..I see no bink for auto's. Perhaps the problem could be fixed by removing bink from some non-autos, or applying it more to the autos themselves.

iLLskiLLs
November 22, 2004, 11:11 am
You Beta Testers cannot be pleased. Wasnt it you guys who tested these effects? I for one am perfectly happy with 1.2.1. I'm having so much fun in soldat clan wars right now I wish for nothing to be changed.

Meandor
November 22, 2004, 12:35 pm
Bink is useless, i've never noticed it affect anything in a major way really.

Shyo
November 22, 2004, 12:59 pm
bink is noticeable when youre on ground.. why ever it is

DT
November 22, 2004, 3:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by JelloDeagles=the best. I can't defend for [IMAGE] against em. Whenever I see a Deagler comin at me, I pretty much just die right there.
Not that they're overpowered or anything...just good.

thier not the best... they have a huge weakness... but its also its Strength to...

Tha Doggfather
November 28, 2004, 6:50 pm
i just played the most sleep inducing match ever.

spray spray spray. wheres the frigging skill? i could hardly keep awake.

i just spawn, and know that if i walk 2 inches theres gonna be an auto (which i cant even see in some cases) shooting in my face, making it impossibly to hit him back with a decent weapon.

wouldnt you rather play a match with weapons like Spas, Desert Eagles, m79? playing a match like that can be a piece of art, when you have two good teams.

now everything is so dull. you see eachother, hold the mouse button for 0.4 seconds, and bang, thats the end of that battle. yaaawn.

Jaz
November 28, 2004, 7:02 pm
weaken autos and reduce bink and completely remove it from some weps. bam soldats back in action.

palloco
November 28, 2004, 8:10 pm
Said the guys who have nothing else to do but running and blasting the people in fornt of them with m79.

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 28, 2004, 8:15 pm
The AK before the 1.21 upgrade was used very little. If you take a look at server stats, specifically, U13. The AK was killed less than the knife. It was next to the Minigun in terms of usage. Generally, primary weapons aren't supposed to be used less than secondaries. Meh.

BMF
November 28, 2004, 8:23 pm
I generally agree that now clan wars are spray wars. And euros are the first ones there.

Euro clan war of the past: a bunch of mofos camping with barrets and laws
Euro clan war or today: a bunch of mofos spraying each other with AKs and Minimis
I am glad that I play NA mostly

General breakdown on weapons this version, at least for me:

Deagles - very good close quarter weapon, or if you like to rush/move fast. Dont try to go against AK on b2b top, you'll get hammered
HK - same thing as Deagles, very good up close. But it also works in the distance. Deadly weapon, but low on ammo
AK - huge clip, support weapon. Great on distance maps (think b2b top). However it is slow, and does not work very good close quarter, like bottom on b2b or laos
Steyr - HK modified for longer distances. Powerful weapon, and you can actually use it on b2b top, because it has a good range. Again, very low on ammo
Spas - great advantages, great disadvantages. Slow, bulky, not very good long distance. Deadly on VERY short distances, inferior to Eagles or HK close quarter. However when used in CTF, you can stop a whole attack with it, since it pushes people back, and you can boost the flag carrier. Spas is more of a tool, than a weapon really
Ruger - awesome gun if you are a good shot. Unbeatable on long/short distance. However VERY short clip. You are guaranteed to kill one person, but then you have to reload. Very good on long distance maps, like b2b top. Deadly
M79 - the most overrated weapon in my opinion. You can actually kill somebody with it only if rush all the time. You can use it to boost yourself with flag, or if you are a very good shot. Good with soccom combination. More of a tool, than a weapon, too short of a range
Barret - you all know about barret, but Michal put too many restrictions on it. You miss, and you are dead, and its very easy to miss with barret in 1.2.1
Minimi - very weak, but very big clip. Now it shoots straight, and relatively fast reload, great on long distances. It is basically AK with lower power, and more ammo. I would stick with AK

Anyway, just my 2 cents, i havent been to a wep discussion in a while =)

-Claw-
November 28, 2004, 8:57 pm
i miss teh old barrett, even i hated it in 1.1.5-1.2, now when it is gone i really miss it, is there even anyone using it as fav gun anymore?

it is now only for camping, run 'n shoot, impossible to kill someone without luckyshot :/

DeafBox
November 28, 2004, 10:29 pm
i think i prefer it now rather than how it used to be. Everyone knows it will never be perfect but i reckon the current balance is about as close as we are going to get.
Spray wars can be some what boring... and they make having the right side of the map even more important.. yet i prefer it to the barrets.

I do think since i started playing in what eva version it was soldat has generally become an easier game to play. At least with a barret u needed to make sure u hit, took some small amount of skill. Plus the ruger used to own which again took some minimal aiming. Now tho its spray over the hill and see what happens. BUT!!! its much better than it was and im happy with the balance, altho it has forced me to learn to spray :(

wormdundee
November 28, 2004, 11:44 pm
as a ruger user, i think i got pretty screwed in the bink effect

i know i have damn good aim with it having used it for 2 years, but with the bink effect, i have a much harder time against autos, and this is me having a hard time after having played for quite a while, think how hard it would be for a new person to start using the ruger

a normal situation now for me, is to be heading towards someone with a mp5 or some such weapon, i usually shoot first with them close behind, so ill hit them once, then be faced with a flood of bullets (the mp5 shoots a huge amount of bullets in a very short time) which throws off my aim massively

while getting shot by an mp5 im missing by distances of 2-3 meters (ingame of course :P ) that is absolutely horrible

and then im dead because of the short clip of a ruger, god i hate that

damn the bink!

Chakra
November 29, 2004, 4:33 am
S'what I keep saying...it's the damn bink that ruined it, not specifically the autos.

(for the record, The Bink Effect is a new feature in 1.2.1 which, when you are being shot, your aim faulters.)

See, during the middle of beta-testing, things seemed pretty well balanced. The only things binked were the m79, and the barret. The M79 was 'very' unfairly binked, to the point where you would fire 'behind you' while being shot sometimes, or even directly at your feet. Otherwise, it was a fine circle that worked like this:

1-shot-weapons = barret + m79
semi-autos = DE + Ruger + Spas

1-shot-weapons > semi autos
semi autos > autos
autos > 1-shot-weapons

1 shot weapons could take on the likes of semi-autos, because semi-autos only 'binked' you while the bullet hit you; far less so than 'constant-binkage' from an auto. Even if being shot at by a ruger or DE's, you could take your shot between theirs and make a kill.

Autos were noticably useful, but 2 shots from a ruger or a few from DE or shotgun was enough to rid the menace, and was easily possible under fire because there was no bink.

And autos easily dominated the likes of 1 shot weapons for obvious reasons.

...but then somewhere along the lines, someone suggested "well, to make it fairer, why not bink everything?" ...

Michal did so, but clearly illustrated that he wanted to get Soldat 'out there' asap. After his final change, adding bink to all weapons, there was barely a weekend of beta testing before he released it. And....yeah. Here we are today.

*shakes fist at bink*

Icarius
November 29, 2004, 4:35 am
Just tap the [IMAGE]ing mouse button to get rid of the bink affect.

BMF
November 29, 2004, 6:25 am
balance is good right now IMO

ynnePmoT
November 29, 2004, 8:34 am
this is so funny to me..
first you cry about the barret for ages..
now its "nerfed" and ppl camp more with it.. so i dont know what has changed.. but also now there is the allmighty AK and Minime...
erm.. in my personal oppinion, the only problem in the game it law, as it is used for camp-defending.. ah if you could call that defending ^^
anyways AK = easy to kill (use ruger)... oh oh.. and if they spray.. spray back.. quite simple

Social Poison
November 29, 2004, 8:36 am
Seriously...

First CWs were barratardfests.
Now they're sprayfests.

Wipe the sand out of your pu$$y and play.

ynnePmoT
November 29, 2004, 2:32 pm
my other oppinion is:
If you go play a 3on3 cw fcw whatever..
and they all use AK or Minime.. the tactic of the game wanishes.
It comes down to, who runs the fastest. As in ctf people just steal the flag, then run to their base. Its quite stupid as in previous versions, you had to deal with some stiff defense. Now nobody uses a static defender in a clan (well i do), as it is unwise, becouse the attack of 2 minime players on the base is just plain unfair.. why? becouse when you respawn, you have little time to aim at the foe before dying.
Also, if Michal nerfed the barret (as he said), he could do the same for LAW, becose now it is used mainly to defend(camp) and for ground close range shots. It all comes down to, who runs the fastest and who lags the less(most), becose people with 100-133 ping get hit with incredible amount of ammo, yet still they live.. luck? I say yes. As we are comming to a time in soldat where your internet connection is ahead of your skill (yet the connection effects little on your game play).
Also the weapon usage has changed. I remember an old tactic we used back in the days.. Ruger+AK = attack.. nowdays its only Minime in attack and maybe another AK or Mp5 to make things a little easier.
Oh and btw.. Ruger should be 6 bullets and the problem is solved. end.

EDIT: Reply:
Barret - you all know about barret, but Michal put too many restrictions on it. You miss, and you are dead, and its very easy to miss with barret in 1.2.1
- I do not think so, if you use USCOM as a secondary, you could probobly pawn a AK dude in close range. Atleast i can do that. ^^

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 29, 2004, 8:01 pm
I'd rather take a couple shots from an auto over a single barret shot any day. Think of it this way...at least you have a slight chance of killing them since they have to hit you more than once to kill you.

Aquarius
November 29, 2004, 8:25 pm
Weapons are very well balanced now.
Autos are NOT overused - remember that 50% of all primary weapons are autos. So statistically, if weapons are balanced, 50% of players should choose autos. And only 10% Barret.

Teh Panda
November 29, 2004, 9:17 pm
To Alamo: Anti-Auto Army.

Meandor
November 29, 2004, 9:42 pm
http://www.turrino.it/public/stats11_29_04.htm
Just a coincidence?
Anyway, i'll say it again: weapons are balanced, if you take them one by one, but not in team games. Don't you think it would be more tactical and enjoyable to make so that in clanwars each weapon can be chosen by just one person for each team?

Liber_Lupus
November 29, 2004, 9:43 pm
Bmf, with de's i could own anyone with any gun at any ranges when i played regulary. imo it's a fun and useful weapon.

Social Poison
November 29, 2004, 10:09 pm
A deagler won't beat a decent ruger user at range :-/

DeafBox
November 29, 2004, 10:21 pm
yes ruger > de

:P

ddzNappy84
November 29, 2004, 10:55 pm
You know he's right and all... But last version everyone used the Steyr AUG, which wasn't that bad since the gun wasn't all that great. lol

grand_diablo
November 29, 2004, 10:57 pm
AMAGAWD

just played a CW against _N.D._ and since then, I am convinced and agree with Denacke. Ok, B2b we were surprised at first, and didnt play too good, but already there, the feckin random sprayage started.

But it was even worse on Viet (their choice).
You think you can withstand 3 automatics when running up hill with dealges/ruger/comparable non automatic? nevar evar.

the binkeffect IS a good idea, but due it makes autos better compared to other weps, at least the automatic damage should be reduced by at least 10%, or even 20%. Really, this random sprayage sucks ultimately.

I actually was one of the first to say, make automatics weaker (although I didnt see it as such a big problem then), and I can remember a public match on ctf_Dropdown. After being randomly killed by sprayage for uncountable times, I wrote "omg, just too much random sprayage :X", and one immediate reply I got (afair it was KnOt who said it, but im not 100% sure) was "Only because your M79 isnt overpowered anymore".
In fact it isnt, its almost useless now, cause its overbinked. Although it was denied, I still have the feeling, that autos WERE made stronger (not talking of the bink now) in 1.2.1, and not only just AK by 1 point. Dunno of course, but it feels like that. I dont see any skill in blindly shooting forward with Minimis and Aks.

I think Ill start barreting as my personal protest...

ps, that icon here is free to use...
[IMAGE]

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 30, 2004, 1:27 am
Eh...I'd only tweak the minimi if anything...leave everything else. Minimi -5% is good enough for me. AK is fine because people actually use it now.

CbbLe
November 30, 2004, 9:42 am
yaaar, barret to the people!

Meandor
November 30, 2004, 2:57 pm
Does anyone even listen to what i'm saying? I don't want this to be a weapon balance thread. (see my reply in 2nd page)

DT
November 30, 2004, 3:34 pm
if you really want a clean clan match as the host of the sever your going on to disable some of those weapons.... not that hard.. well it kinda is if you don't know the host

eesahe
November 30, 2004, 9:03 pm
I don't see anything bad about the new version. Oh, maybe that is because I'm a long-term AK-user.

But oh well. I've actually used the barret more in this version than before, dunno why. The bink effect in my eyes, is very easy to remove with jetting. It makes me sometimes miss a shot, but that is only sometimes :I

What comes to other barret-users, they have almost disappeared if compared to 1.2. I don't see anything bad about that, but it's kinda annoying that everyone uses the AK/autos, it's not unique anymore like before. It was so fun to own the barretards with the "sucky AK" :D

Overall, the new version IMO is very nice :)

Icarius
November 30, 2004, 9:51 pm
The balance feels fine, but I do see a lot of people just getting killed way to fast by mobs of AK users.... at least people use team work now :D

Anyway, I still would like to see a health slider in Soldat, a lot more customization in servers = a lot better experiance. This is the reason why some games like Tribes lasted so long, because there was so much variety (people made their own games! :O)

Teh Panda
November 30, 2004, 10:27 pm
;o Eesahe is back?

IDF-RIPsta
December 1, 2004, 3:06 pm
Maybe you are striving for a perfect balance that does not exist.
People will always abuse the "best" weapon.

Maybe the only thing to do is just constantly change the balance between weapons and force people to adapt to new weapons. That way you might keep a dynamic community that constantly evolves.

I personally choose the weapons no one else likes to use. As I briefly mentioned in previous unrelated posts, I believe all weapons should be harder to use. This includes more difficulty to hit when moving and shooting, faster movements in general, increased difficulty when shooting in the air, etc.

My favorite weapons:
Spas - In my opinion one of the most skillful weapons. I personally don't use it.
M79 - Surgeon. You can create works of art with its arc and distance.
Desert Eagles - Very versatile. These I also don't use.
MP5 - Aggressive play.

eesahe
December 1, 2004, 4:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Teh Panda;o Eesahe is back?

Wow, you noticed I was gone? :O

Teh Panda
December 1, 2004, 8:58 pm
;o Yes i did.

eesahe
December 1, 2004, 9:29 pm
Btw. Is the use of AK ok on situations like this? :)

die nadel
December 2, 2004, 7:04 am
i think people will complain nomatter how you change the weapons. I think they are fair now and were just as fair in 1.2 its all just the way you use the gun, when to fire, to duck, to jump, to roll, to reload. I was a barretard in 1.2, towards the end of 1.2 i started using ak and law. i got pretty good with em. then i got the latest version. i was horrible with ak, but i stuck with it and after a few days i got better, now i consistantly get a 1.5-3 k-d ratio. it just takes adjusting, and learning to use the guns in the new version, i could change to any other weapon and do the same thing, at first i would suck, but then i'd pick up the strategies that are best used with that weapon.

Marine
December 3, 2004, 4:30 am
Hahaha the whiners will never shut up. Why don't we make all the weapons have equal range, power, damage, and reload time, eh? Then will y'all stop crying?

Meandor
December 3, 2004, 2:52 pm
It just takes a more careful adjusting (and testing). Not simply nerf this or nerf that. I can get if there's a small part of the community complaining, but like 70% of the people have something to say about balance, and that's not normal.

iLLskiLLs
December 3, 2004, 9:19 pm
sorry but i got to say to everyone who cant be pleased with the weapon balance: LEARN TO WIN NOT TO WHINE :)

Cookie.
December 4, 2004, 3:44 am
3 Minimis = Doom of FB :(
We could not contend with the rain of bullets from ND I agree that it is the easiest way to win... blahh

Meandor
December 4, 2004, 1:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by iLLskiLLssorry but i got to say to everyone who cant be pleased with the weapon balance: LEARN TO WIN NOT TO WHINE :)

I guess you never had direct experience, ask some clan like ND or NN for a match. And ask them if they can all use minimi :P
Anyway, had you read my posts, you would've noticed i'm not saying to nerf anything. It's just an optional modification that doesn't touch the way weapons work, and hence doesn't affect balance.

iLLskiLLs
December 7, 2004, 4:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Meandorquote:Originally posted by iLLskiLLssorry but i got to say to everyone who cant be pleased with the weapon balance: LEARN TO WIN NOT TO WHINE :)

I guess you never had direct experience, ask some clan like ND or NN for a match. And ask them if they can all use minimi :P
Anyway, had you read my posts, you would've noticed i'm not saying to nerf anything. It's just an optional modification that doesn't touch the way weapons work, and hence doesn't affect balance.

You know i read your post's meandor =) But you must've missed me saying: "i got to say to everyone who cant be pleased with the weapon balance"

So therefor if you wasnt posting about the imbalance of the weapons
it wasn't meant for you ;D..

Yeah, 3 minimi's vs ND the other week.. sad We over came them on there own servers with Deagle's 1 steryr and 1 ruger though.... each map they used 3 minimis it was pathetic. Maybe some league administrators will disable minimis/ak(which i dont applaud of) in a future league or something.

I'm just glad most of the clans we play against dont try to be as lame as possible.

DeMo
December 11, 2004, 3:07 am
I'm not in a clan so I can't really confirm this thing or not.
The fact is that weapons have changed a lot in every version of Soldat.

Back in 1.05b times I like the M79 'cause could sort of "cut" people in the air.
Now you only kill somebody with a direct shot.

I never used the MP5 but then I tried it in 1.1.3 or 1.1.5 (can't really remeber) and it was [IMAGE]ing great, very powerful!!

Now in 1.2.1 I can't play the MP5 anymore.

But yes.. the Minimi and AK seems to have fallen on people's preference.
On most servers (brazilian servers) I play there's always 1 or 2 guys running around with a Minimi. The hold their fire button and go full-auto running around and shooting everything.

Chakra
December 11, 2004, 4:06 am
thats a bit odd Demo... mp5 was certainly considered one of the harder weapons in 1.1.3 and 1.1.5 due to lack of quick damage...i'm right on that, right?

BManx2000
December 11, 2004, 4:28 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMoBack in 1.05b times I like the M79 'cause could sort of "cut" people in the air.
Now you only kill somebody with a direct shot.

That was lag. Now the M79 explodes when you miss-but-hit so it doesn't do that.

m00`
December 11, 2004, 4:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakrathats a bit odd Demo... mp5 was certainly considered one of the harder weapons in 1.1.3 and 1.1.5 due to lack of quick damage...i'm right on that, right?

imho the mp5 was a lot more fun to use in 1.1.5, thats when i used to use it as my primary. Now ALL autos kill too fast and dont show any sign of skill ;o

Sekushi
December 12, 2004, 7:35 am
Ahh yes, I used to love using the mp5 in 1.1.5. :D