( search forums )
Balance
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Jaz
November 20, 2004, 6:29 pm
I think the weapons are kinda balanced in some ways. But if they were, honestly why does everyone use ak in cws. Because they aren't balanced fully. Soldat is an unrealistic game so weps don't need to be exact to real life...I mean we have jet packs. This is just a plea to make all weps fully balanced if its possible...Soldat would become more fun IF all weapons were balanced. it would cause changes in matches, less camping, less auto whoring etc. Ctf, soldats main attraction is becoming boring because of the same weapons being used, maps, tactics. Make soldat more changeable somehow....make a change.

Icarius
November 20, 2004, 6:31 pm
I'm guessing your clan just got [IMAGE]ed over bye a bunch of AK wielding Terrorists?

Chakra
November 20, 2004, 6:42 pm
Meh...no point slating jaz for asking for the obvious. Might as well support him.

_Mancer_
November 20, 2004, 6:56 pm
I think if the weapons WERE perfectly balanced, then soldat would be boring.

BTW the gay minimi is WAY too strong :O

Jaz
November 20, 2004, 7:04 pm
So you think having an advantage by using certain weps is fun. Shut the [IMAGE] up.Fix it and fix it quick b4 soldat loses fans :\.

3rd_account
November 20, 2004, 7:19 pm
M79 might be underpowered, while Minime is to strong.

And yes, Jaz got his kabooz kicked. ;)

Michal
November 20, 2004, 7:29 pm
IMO weapon balance is perfect as it is. Guns with different qualities are needed to suit a players personal style.

Jaz
November 20, 2004, 8:36 pm
different qualities but shouldn't give a player with no skill at all on an auto vs. an m79 who is experienced, auto backs off and jumps up, out of m79 range. M79 runs directly underneath but he stays out of range. Omg m79 ded ;O>.

Swarmer
November 20, 2004, 8:49 pm
I think they are all balanced to an acceptable degree. While not all perfectly equal, each weapon has thier own advantages that are better for different people and different situations.
These weapons are paired into the most similar groups.

DE- powerful, quick reload, but short range.
SPAS- powerful, really nice reload mechanism, deadly at short range, but very limited range.

MP5- more powerful than steyr, fast firing, quick reload, but less accurate and a little less range.
Steyr- fast firing, quick reload, accurate, but a little less powerful than MP5.

AK- fast firing, long range, faster reload, but less powerful than minimi.
Minimi- fast firing, long range, more powerful, but slower reload.

Barrett- reallllly powerful, reallly long range, realllly accurate, but slow reload, slow loading, and bink effect.
M79- really powerful, arc provides the ability for cool shots, potential for multiple kills (barrett does too but not often), but semi-slow reload, limited range, and slow shots.
Ruger- powerful, fast firing, accurate, fast bullets, realllly fast reload, but limited shots per clip, and high accuracy is required.

minigun- hmm... you can boost yourself and be gay in CTF. can fire a bazillion shots, boost your teamies nicely, but very inacurate, slow reload, makes you slower if firing foward, and slow start up time.

This is just my point of view on the weapons. They seem pretty balanced. Of course, theyre not the same, but it provides the same amount of fun for each one.

Jaz
November 20, 2004, 8:59 pm
multiple kills with m79 hehe. Doubt it. Most ive ever had with consecutive shots is a multi with m79. thats like near impossible.

Sgt. Patriot McLiberty
November 20, 2004, 9:06 pm
I think the reason for all the ak-74's is the update, in which it was announced that they were made a tiny bit more powerful. A lot of people looked at it, thought "OMG TEH AK IS TEH ROXX0RZ," and switched over immediately. On the other hand, I personally think the AK is the most middle-of-the-road weapon-- as Swarmer said, it's got a good balance of range, power, and ammo.

Swarmer
November 20, 2004, 9:25 pm
well, multiple kills as in being able to do splash damage.

3rd_account
November 20, 2004, 9:39 pm
Yup, the AK seems to be more powerful because more people use it now, infact it's only a trick of the mind. Fact is, power's only been raised with 4.13% (from 28.07 to 29.28) and that's such a tiny difference that you coldn't tell if you had a 1.2.1 AK or one from 1.2.
If Michael hadn't said that the AK had gotten stronger, probibly no-one would have noticed it.

Jaz
November 20, 2004, 10:01 pm
3 people in cws using it tho shows u that it makes a difference.

_Mancer_
November 20, 2004, 11:37 pm
Jaz, its called teamwork. What if those guys had no teamwork and still used all AK?

Jaz
November 20, 2004, 11:58 pm
Im not talking about a particular cw u retard. This view is exspressed by many people that weapons are over used in cws cos they have advantage.

The Geologist
November 21, 2004, 6:35 am
Please...first it was people bitching about the barrett being overpowered, now we're going after the ak? The weapons are just fine...just because you got beat by a bunch of people using aks doesn't mean those aks (or autos) are overpowered and unfair. How do you know someone is unskilled because they beat you with an ak? Pfft..

HOBBES
November 21, 2004, 10:28 am
I dont think AK is overpowered. I´ve been playing with it from 1.0.5, and I think teh weapons are now in balance, for example steyer is much faster and easier to hit with than ak, but ak is a bit stronger.

Jaz
November 21, 2004, 12:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistPlease...first it was people bitching about the barrett being overpowered, now we're going after the ak? The weapons are just fine...just because you got beat by a bunch of people using aks doesn't mean those aks (or autos) are overpowered and unfair. How do you know someone is unskilled because they beat you with an ak? Pfft..

Why does nobody get the point. Its not about me or my team or anything like that. Every [IMAGE]ing clan just uses the same weapons. I just made that point like 2 posts up and then you reply with the same thing? You type well but you deffinetly are a retard.

AerialAssault
November 21, 2004, 2:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Swarmerwell, multiple kills as in being able to do splash damage.
i got a triple kill with one M79 shell yesterday, it was a glorious moment.

on topic: the weapons are balanced jaz.

Meandor
November 21, 2004, 3:16 pm
Weapon balance = not to be discussed here, sorry.