( search forums )
The Chainsaw...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Skate4Razors
November 20, 2004, 7:42 pm
The greatness of a saw is really sad. If YOU actually take the time and try the chainsaw in a ctf server, you'll get happy results. It's really fun when you can own in an inf server, you might get a 20:40 kill/death rate, but a lot of people will remember you. I guess this thread has no point... But I encourage you to atleast try the chainsaw atleast once. There are actually a lot of people that use it, check out Kazuki's movie in Fan Art @ Movies, or something like that. I'm Just making the statement that the saw is better than you think!! What do you guys think about the saw? Is it useless, or is it the best? Give your opinions! =^)

P.S.

Please don't flame me a lot...

Deleted User
November 20, 2004, 7:45 pm
I like Chainsaw. It's useful... ...Vs Bots :D

Sprocket
November 20, 2004, 7:59 pm
i never use the chainsaw... i stick with my sidearm..

Kazuki
November 20, 2004, 8:30 pm
Haha, cool insipiration. :)

mar77a
November 20, 2004, 11:41 pm
I guess the saw only works in maps that are closed and have low jetpack...

Deleted User
November 21, 2004, 12:06 am
I love the saw..and I used to use it a ton, but for some reason I suck with it ever since v1.2.1 came out. I don't think Michal changed it at all. But now I suck with it and I am saddened..It was nice being in a all secondaries clan back then..but alas...
Every now and then I'll try and host an all saw server, but no one ever comes..*si guh huh*..

nazikilla
November 21, 2004, 2:15 am
the chainsaw is very intimidating to noobies, at least for a little while. i think Michal should give it infinite ammo. just to make it a little better

N1nj@
November 21, 2004, 2:20 am
Chainsaw is too weak, I hope it gets to be unlimited ammo again =D or at least 100 ammo

T-Money
November 21, 2004, 2:41 am
Saw is awesome, but the ammo is way too low. It should be like 1.1.4 again. Those were the days........

Anyways, I love the saw in CTF games. After watching Kazuki's movie, I was inspired to try it out, and now I've gotten so good with it that I generally get one or two kills right away with it on Laos as red by flying over the hill, proning with jets and nailing some poor blue noob in the head. Quite satisfying.

ThaD
November 21, 2004, 10:44 am
I've been using saw in 80% of my lobby games recently, it's not only a great fun but a true challenge, i mean owning a server with some autos or ruger is not a big deal but owning it with saw? try that!

DeMonIc
November 21, 2004, 11:05 am
I combine it with grenades and m79....superman with the saw =)

STEELIX
November 21, 2004, 11:49 am
I used to use the saw alot myself.. then I saw a lot of people use the LAW, so I switched to that... After getting decent skills with that, I saw yet again people using the knife all the time... :D Basically i'm trained with every sidearm but the handgun :)

LazehBoi
November 21, 2004, 12:58 pm
I don't like the chainsaw because you have to be close... It's fun and all, but I prefer the other three because i'm they provide what the primary lacks.

Skate4Razors
November 21, 2004, 10:48 pm
A lot of my friends used to use the saw with me, but not any more for some reason... A lot of people call me retarded, but it's fun! :)

AerialAssault
November 21, 2004, 11:04 pm
saw can be useful at times, its really good for sneak attacks from above on the enemy carrier, cause as soon as you kill him the flag is returned cause you were already touching him.

nazikilla
November 21, 2004, 11:17 pm
good point. if you kill a guy with a saw, he usually admires you too. or you scare the h*ll out of him. the chainsaw's best feature in my opinion is its intimidation.

Kazuki
November 22, 2004, 2:01 am
:) I guess you could call it a sort of art. It's yet another one of those side-quest things in Soldat. Usually, at the end of the game I'll end up with my K:D ratio being around 1, meaning that my Kills and Deaths are about equal.

The great thing about the saw is that it depends on the player's ability to move quickly. Moving slowly with a chainsaw is such big a weakness, that it destroys the chances of top rank. Even in the air, if you are able to dodge most bullets, you can easily catch up to your opponent. This can be done by prone-jetting and normal jetting, but switching between the two to confuse your opponent. If you do this correctly, then most of the time you'll be able to dodge slow bullets, like Spas and DE bullets. Also, while on the ground, if you are attacked from above, try rolling back and forth. ;) Continue this until your opponent runs out of jets and then wait for them to softly land into your spinning blade.

nazikilla
November 22, 2004, 2:46 am
*claps hands* bravo!!!!! if i could, i would make a chainsaw mod that would make every weapon a diferent kind of chainsaw. just for laughs

Beren
November 22, 2004, 7:31 am
When I first started playing, I looked at sawers and said, " Pff, think they're so cool, with their chainsaws! Not cool!" But now I've come to appreciate the beauty of the saw. There are few things more satisfying then an all saw there-and-back cap (with a double kill or two placed in there) if you know what I mean.

Element_101
November 22, 2004, 10:22 am
Chainsaw Is My Secondary Weapon, Always Has Been And Probably Always Will Be.

DT
November 22, 2004, 3:56 pm
i've useed if before... only got like 10 kills though...
range almost always wins...

KnOt
November 22, 2004, 5:10 pm
Well.. I use it for a laugh sometimes.. I have had more kills than deaths with it several times.. Especially on busy servers.. Stealth is your only option.. SO USE IT -_-

Kazuki
November 23, 2004, 1:13 am
Oh, and by the way, Chainsaw Video: Director's Cut will be released either tomorrow (the 22nd), or on Wednesday (the 23rd). ;)

Skate4Razors
November 23, 2004, 4:42 am
YAY! Lol, Directors cut. YIPPY! :)

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 9:53 pm
are you trying to get more chain-noobs running around? well as long as they are in u13 thats ok, i'll get a nice K:D ratio :P

Kazuki
November 23, 2004, 10:41 pm
Chain-n00bs? :P Are you kidding? You have no idea the kind of skill you need to be able to survive using a chainsaw, do you? I guess I'm trying to encourage more chainsaw users. There are too few of them. I heard that the chainsaw was overused in 1.1.4. Well, now it's not used enough, so I'm trying to change that. ;)

Skate4Razors
November 24, 2004, 11:58 pm
Knowone uses the saw (That I have seen) except me, Kazuki (well, in his movie), $BSM$ Doh, and um... that's really all I have seen. I encourage all of you too use the saw, it's an art, and a challenge!

DeMonIc
November 25, 2004, 1:42 pm
If anyone sees around a dude with saw by the name of TESCO....wonder who he could be....
|
V

Sprocket
November 25, 2004, 2:23 pm
i use the chainsaw when i am really mad.. just to see some gore :p

MAsre
November 25, 2004, 10:41 pm
Th only bad thing about the saw is that only the tip cuts. If you corner a bot at a right angle (the crook of the L)and you are too, the chainsaw won't kill. For those, my friends, there is the KNIFE!

Skate4Razors
November 25, 2004, 11:36 pm
[IMAGE]

A multi kill I got on my server, even with knives enabled, lol. :)

Flippy2k4
November 26, 2004, 4:31 pm
i think the chainsaw was better in 1.2...
the hitzone is at the back of the saw, and that SUCKS so much...
unlimited ammo would be kewl

Kazuki
November 26, 2004, 4:39 pm
Do you guys think anyone could make a small mod for the chainsaw? Just make it a bit smaller? Only because the tip doesn't do damage, and if the chainsaw was smaller we would have a better idea of our 'pain circle.' :P

Skate4Razors
December 1, 2004, 1:47 am
I think you could make it, it'd prolly not take more than a couple of secs.

Marine
December 1, 2004, 5:14 am
Yea, just got off some of the end and round it a bit.