( search forums )
LAW backblast
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Swarmer
November 20, 2004, 8:37 pm
Yeah, this idea isnt really neccessary, but just a fun thing. On REALISTIC mode, i think it would be cool if the LAW had backblast, like in real life. This would mean that anything in a short range behind you would take moderate damage when you fire. It would be cool if at least the gernade and health boxes were blown away a little. Also, standing right next to a wall when firing a LAW would cause damage to yourself, as the backblast would be reflected into you, although this part would be kind of annoying.

Skate4Razors
November 20, 2004, 9:15 pm

That would be kinda cool... Or if you moved back an inch or so becuase of the recoil maybe.

Swarmer
November 20, 2004, 9:24 pm
well, you shouldnt move back cause its supposed to be a recoiless rifle. the energy that should cause the recoil is instead the backblast itself. it should move back anyone close behind you a short distance.

Noobile
November 20, 2004, 9:36 pm
I think he's talking about the 30meter distance behind the law where one should not be when somebody fires one, it's somthing akin to a 900 degree blowtorch to anything within the immidate 30 feet ( 10 meters), meaning instantanious deeath/crispyness, and the other 60feet (20 meters), well, you'll just wished you died because 2nd/3rd degree burns just don't feel comfy. GJ lookin for realism swarmer, I like it.

Michal
November 20, 2004, 10:07 pm
For those who still don't know what the hell this is about:
[IMAGE]
Found it here: [URL]

I think this would be good for realistic mode. And jet boots should be able to burn in real mode too.

Jaz
November 20, 2004, 11:14 pm
laws reload time is weak tho and if u miss with it ur [IMAGE]ed. giving it less disadvantages prolly aint smart but its a nice idea for looks ;).

Realistic mode get it in there tho.

kkazican
November 21, 2004, 3:11 am
I think we should just have a plume of smoke shoot out of the back of a law or am I being too unimaginative?

DeMonIc
November 21, 2004, 9:47 am
I like it..you know why?Because finally LAW could be used for close range aswell...harr harr =)

hongkongboy
November 21, 2004, 9:51 am
what are you say????????????????

Alamo
November 21, 2004, 1:17 pm
I'd like it as a cosmetical effect. not damaging anything... and the recoil mentioned above is pointless, LAWs don't have recoil.

Will
November 21, 2004, 2:30 pm
the idea would work if the LAW killed (the person would be on fire) anyone within a distance of 15m and hurt anyone within a distance of 30m, w/e, lol

Alamo
November 21, 2004, 5:55 pm
lol? 30m??? just a tad exagerated.

Will
November 21, 2004, 6:12 pm
thats y i sed w/e, lol

Michal
November 21, 2004, 6:16 pm
I think the backblast would have to be scaled down. Like every gun that's in the game has a much smaller range then it would have in real life..

Yin_Starrunner
November 22, 2004, 1:06 am
OK, why have we been using an anti-tank weaponon tiny little infantry?

Second, In soldat, when your prone, it looks like you'd blast your legs off if you implemented backblast!

DT
November 22, 2004, 3:58 pm
great now people will be rear attacking people...

Svirin Kerath
November 22, 2004, 9:37 pm
i personally think it's cool, and i'm all for animating a backblast of some kind in, of course ^_^

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 23, 2004, 7:02 am
I'm against this idea actually hurting others, because, afterall, even though Soldat is on a 2D plain, there is no telling if the characters are actually directly behind the person firing the LAW. Plus, this would cause havok in Realistic mode, making Realistic with FF on impossible.

Unlucky 13
November 23, 2004, 8:20 am
This aint a bad idea, but it wouldnt be useful in Realistic anyway, as the above says, cause you cant see behind you.
OH! And the Barret is a Anti-Tank weapon, and we dont hear complaining. Even MM said...
quote:Description of the Barret M82A1

This sniper weapon has incredible power. It was designed to pierce tank armor. The Army didn't even plan to use it against people. But who cares?
See?

Element_101
November 23, 2004, 8:50 am
The Laws Fine, Leave It.

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 10:10 pm
yeah leave it alone, maybe we should make it so the handle of the knife can hit you instead of the blade? its not important....

Yin_Starrunner
November 23, 2004, 10:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13This aint a bad idea, but it wouldnt be useful in Realistic anyway, as the above says, cause you cant see behind you.
OH! And the Barret is a Anti-Tank weapon, and we dont hear complaining. Even MM said...
quote:Description of the Barret M82A1

This sniper weapon has incredible power. It was designed to pierce tank armor. The Army didn't even plan to use it against people. But who cares?
See?

Actually, I was kidding...

mipit
November 24, 2004, 12:02 am
It might have some suprises like the dead sniper-camper behind you ops hehe

Mr Morfina
November 24, 2004, 7:40 pm
would look cool with all the dead corpses flying behind your backblast!!!

i think its a good idea, maybe it could be implemented while realistic mode?

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 8:14 pm
\ ________
--[rocket__>
/
/

Yea, good idea

Cookie.
November 25, 2004, 2:39 am
good way to help the flagger get home ^__^

i dont like the idea however how much damage would this "back blast" due enough to kill?
then i would see it being used to spawn camp like a 1.14 chainsaw

Will
November 25, 2004, 11:30 am
this would be rubbish for them peeps who love freindly fire for some reason.

DeMonIc
November 25, 2004, 1:49 pm
Do it for non real and real aswell <_<

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 2:44 pm
i reckon the burning part of the flame jetting out of the law would be mad, even if FF isn't on it should still hurt your team mates for being dumb enough for standing behind you

diediedie119
December 8, 2004, 9:00 pm
yeah n00bs
anyways i think the back blast should have the range of a flamethrower and if your right behind it its a instant kill
wat do u think

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 8:25 pm
the flamethrower?
the flamerthrower shoots a jet of fire like 10 cm (4 inches) infront, and it hurts, now if it went the other way due to a rocket being fired i'd have to ask what rockets are being used?
yes the law is fine, the reload is great, if anything make the m79 reload longer, it reloads in like .5 of a second (and dont correct me)the m79 is more of a problem then the 'n00b' law, i love the law, leave it the way it is or better yet TURN IT INTO A NUKE :P jokes