( search forums )
What would your heaven look like ?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
karmazon
November 21, 2004, 2:38 am
If you could create your own place where you go after your death, what would it look like ?

Chakra
November 21, 2004, 2:47 am
Styx admins, everywhere!

Deleted User
November 21, 2004, 2:50 am
A small library..with an infinite amount of books. Mahogony shelves, marble floors, roaring fireplace, and a window. Outside the window is a neverending chain of mountains. Snow is always gently falling, and the fireplace never burns up all the wood. And the librarian would be Elizabeth Hurley, who also cooks any kind of meal instantly, for their is a kitchen behind one of the bookcases. Mmmm....

Shyo
November 21, 2004, 2:55 am
a black room

AerialAssault
November 21, 2004, 3:00 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoA small library..with an infinite amount of books. Mahogony shelves, marble floors, roaring fireplace, and a window. Outside the window is a neverending chain of mountains. Snow is always gently falling, and the fireplace never burns up all the wood. And the librarian would be Elizabeth Hurley, who also cooks any kind of meal instantly, for their is a kitchen behind one of the bookcases. Mmmm....
yeah that sounds pretty good, only thered be an awsome computer with like a super ultra radeon x902439439575252386167 XT. and like a bazillion gamillion ramz! and like a 2593834834525723627 gigahertz processor with like 82438952q87562857386743867386296786349673745987 gigs of hard drive space

Captain RibMan
November 21, 2004, 3:12 am
i want to live in HELL

Deleted User
November 21, 2004, 3:17 am
It would be a large mansion, in the northern hills of Japan.

The outside would be done in an oriental style, with a narrow stone path traversing about a pond filled to the brim with crystal clear water. Koi would be abundant, and a fine-crafted bamboo deer-chaser would help keep wild animals away. The mansion itself would be maybe two or three stories tall, sleek, with a stark brown or black exterior and flaring-red trim, similar to a few Japanese styles in ancient times. There would be a wide porch out front, built out of the finest stained mahogany or oak with a handrail inlaid with minute carvings of oriental folklore. Inside, there would be a large greeting room, contemporary and furnished with modern-day designs. The stairway would be off to your right, as well as the living room, through a nearby doorway. To the left would be the kitchen, with veined-marble countertops and slick black cabinets and a wide, polished steel sink. There would be a small den of sorts by the kitchen, with a large, inlaid fireplace, set into the center of the room and surrounded by plush, red cushions for reclining upon. There would be a bar nearby, with dark-stained wood designs and several shelves full of sake and absinthe, among many other drinks, mixed or no. Soft, classical music, of oriental design, preferably, would be sifted through a sound system built into the corners of the room, and one wall would be a large viewing window, with a sliding glass door. The view would cast one's eyes across a lush landscape, with a hill immediately to the right, and a roaring beach off in the distance. Outside the window and to the left would be a small herb garden, where plentiful clumps of sage, oregano, and other restorative herbs could easily be tended and kept safe within view. A spacious bathroom would lead off from the den, the floor tiled in stark black marbling and the walls decorated with several oriental designs, letting one relax and enjoy the sanctity of the restroom in peace. The bedroom would be upstairs, a spacious design, with a large, four-post bed. Black, satin sheets and a thick, wooly comforter would keep me warm as a soft, silken canopy let me sleep secure from any harm, and a large bureau and walk-in closet would help me rise from my sleep with the greatest of ease and effeciency. The other rooms upon the second floor would be my favored library, where shelves upon shelves of books, documents, encyclopedias and novels would rest in all-knowing silence, the huge volumes and writings within specially categorized and labeled for easy viewing. I would also require an observatory, to watch and study the night sky as my plentiful free time would permit, with countless star-charts and spatial maps littering the room and throwing their knowledge about.

If I had another choice, however, I would have to describe unto you this:

I'd probably choose to have a small cottage in the hills of old Germany. Imagine a thatched-roof cottage, with walls built of stone and mortar, resting atop a hill with a small village nearby where one could find anything they seek. Small garden patches out front would let me grow any sort of produce I desired, with window-sill hangings for my herbs and spices, all basking in the glow of a kind and giving sun. Inside, the cottage would probably only be two or three rooms, the kitchen and the living quarters being one and the same. A large, heavy wooden table for eating and preparing of meals and a great deal of cabinets and other such things would suffice. The bathroom would be a seperate room, with the designs, as all the rest of the house, as simple and humble as possible. I can imagine a small, but servicable bedroom, with an adequately firm bed and a small set of dressers for all my particulars.

And such, take your pick, are my dreams of heaven.

Michal
November 21, 2004, 3:29 am
I think once we die we are free to roam the earth as a mass of energy, and we can choose to be reincarnated if we want. So it is earth except without the restrictions of a human body.

Captain RibMan
November 21, 2004, 3:49 am
Why does everyone want books!? isnt reading boring enough already but to spend ages doing that when youre dead

_Mancer_
November 21, 2004, 4:03 am
Id live in a semi-suburban city, with punks everywhere, who dont insult eachother, and we all just hang out, drink beer, play some music, and have fun.

A bit corney, but thats mine.

Deleted User
November 21, 2004, 4:06 am
"The unexamined life is not worth living" And books let us examine life, and since there won't be anybody up there to tell you all the answers of life, you'll have to figure them out for yourself. And how better to decipher life than with the collective minds of the cosmos beared before your very eyes?

-Amen

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 21, 2004, 4:29 am
Theres no such thing as Heaven, you just decay, so there.

Yes I like to be a party pooper.

karmazon
November 21, 2004, 4:37 am
Wtf I didn't ask you for that bitch, go away bitch and you don't know [IMAGE] bitch.

paramud
November 21, 2004, 4:37 am
i'd live in the internet... playing the entire GTA series, HL1 and 2, AVP2,and postal2. and i'd have an unlimited supply of COKE COLA!!!!!!!!!! *goes into a seizure*

Elephant_Hunter
November 21, 2004, 5:13 am
Despite your long-winded and well defined heavens, I'll keep mine short and abstract.

I would choose to live the life of everyone I had affected.

kkazican
November 21, 2004, 5:58 am
Mine would consist of a hole in the clouds and an infinite amount of items to throw on people including other people and airliners. Oh yes that would be most excellent.

The Geologist
November 21, 2004, 7:06 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonWtf I didn't ask you for that bitch, go away bitch and you don't know [IMAGE] bitch.

Sheesh...his post was relevent. Don't start a thread like this if all you can do is call someone a bitch for voicing their opinion. You say he doesn't know anything for having a belief if this nature? Foolishness..

that fuking sniper
November 21, 2004, 7:21 am
I'd be a spectre that would teleport anywhere it wants instantly, and the capacity to have omnipotent consciousness to comprehend the universe and invision every inch of it, so I could teleport wherever I want wherever I want. I'd want to see what I cant, that's my heaven. Other than that, the other fantasy would be somewhere remote. I'd be hidden from all else, yet seeing all else at the same time. Something like standing on a great tall mountain, with clowds miles below me, and a black, star-litten sky above. Running at 1000mph in an infinitely-wide desert with cliffs here and there, some tribesmen walking around the place, and occasional oases every few 100 miles.

Elephant_Hunter
November 21, 2004, 7:53 am
We are a race of titans that slumber.
Just like one would after a deep dream, everything will come into focus.

karmazon
November 21, 2004, 8:57 am
quote:Originally posted by The GeologistSheesh...his post was relevent. Don't start a thread like this if all you can do is call someone a bitch for voicing their opinion. You say he doesn't know anything for having a belief if this nature? Foolishness..

damn read between the lines, the topic is about what would your "heaven" look like, and by heaven I mean imaginary land where you're happy all the time. So this thread isn't about "is there heaven or not". So in your both faces(damn I'm sleepy).

b00stA
November 21, 2004, 10:47 am
I'd be in an never-ending lucid dream.
Meaning, I could create everything you just mentioned in this topic, just to let it disappear the next second.

ClanKwH
November 21, 2004, 11:18 am
i would live in a great white mansion filled with ladies around me mmhh... yeah. ^^

palloco
November 21, 2004, 1:17 pm
It would be a world dominated by AMD, 3dfx adn open software

?
November 21, 2004, 3:24 pm
A house, with my wife, and endless roads to drive on.

Jello
November 21, 2004, 6:37 pm
quote: Id live in a semi-suburban city, with punks everywhere, who dont insult eachother, and we all just hang out, drink beer, play some music, and have fun.

A bit corney, but thats mine.

Heh, you pretty much described my town. There aren't punks EVERYWHERE, but if you know where to look (pretty much just anywhere downtown) you can find 'em. And there is much free alchohol and other drugs, and many shows. Yes, life is good.

AerialAssault
November 21, 2004, 11:25 pm
my heaven would be a large house in the mountains, whered i'd have a huge library with infinite books. all my friends would also live in the house. that would only be the living quarters, the other part of the house would be a large buddhist temple. im not a religious person, but i'd find peace to meditate or just sit in the brisk cold weather on the mountain top on the porch of a temple. i would also have a plane to fly around, not a fighter jet, but just a simple, small commuter plane that which i could fly around. im not sure. everything gets old. i would eventually want eternal void.

nazikilla
November 21, 2004, 11:30 pm
i'd have ultimate power and intelligence, but i would be pure-hearted. i would be able to fly and do whatever non-bad thing i would want. i would also have no more worries whatsoever

karmazon
November 23, 2004, 5:55 am
My heaven would be Hilo(also known as Fiddler's Green). For those who don't know what it is(to all of you):

They say that an old salt who is tired of seagoing should walk inland with an oar over his shoulder. When he comes to a pretty little village deep in the country and the people ask him what he is carrying... he will know that he's found Fiddlers Green. The people give him a seat in the sun outside the Village Inn with a glass of grog that refills itself every time he drains the last drop and a pipe forever smoking with fragrant tobacco. From then onwards he has nothing to do but enjoy his glass and pipe and watch the maidens dancing to the music of a fiddle on Fiddlers Green.

Messiah
November 23, 2004, 2:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultquote:Originally posted by SwazoA small library..with an infinite amount of books. Mahogony shelves, marble floors, roaring fireplace, and a window. Outside the window is a neverending chain of mountains. Snow is always gently falling, and the fireplace never burns up all the wood. And the librarian would be Elizabeth Hurley, who also cooks any kind of meal instantly, for their is a kitchen behind one of the bookcases. Mmmm....
yeah that sounds pretty good, only thered be an awsome computer with like a super ultra radeon x902439439575252386167 XT. and like a bazillion gamillion ramz! and like a 2593834834525723627 gigahertz processor with like 82438952q87562857386743867386296786349673745987 gigs of hard drive space

Both of them are it, i want a tiger, and ill ride em through my happy place, and at night i would go on the computer and play soldat :D

Hitman
November 23, 2004, 2:38 pm
Apart from a few, is that really what you guys want your heavens to be like? Although on the plus side for you, it would kinda make the comment 'get a life' inane..

Depressing.

LazehBoi
November 23, 2004, 3:26 pm
I have no idea what my ideal version of Heaven would be like... Probably another version of earth... except everyone being unique in many ways, and there wouldn't be such a thing as descrimination or war... Meh... I'd like that to happen, but who can honestly believe that there is going to be a 'place up there' when we die? It's just... Stupid. I believe in reincarnation, but that's just me...

n00bface
November 23, 2004, 3:32 pm
I want my heaven to be just a little cottage on top of a really high hill. I would want to be with Hitman. We would be forever married doing whatever our little hearts please. We would have total control over everything, we could even alter our heaven to fit our mood, we could mess with earth! And we could make sweet sweet love by the fireplace.

DT
November 23, 2004, 3:58 pm
small room with every single game and soon to come... and a tube of ravioli.. with a beanbag chair thingy in the middle

ClanKwH
November 23, 2004, 5:11 pm
HITMAN IS ZE EVUL NJIIIRRRR

bucky_brad
November 23, 2004, 5:19 pm
I think somewhere peaceful with my wife, where i could persue knowlegde and my hobbies.