( search forums )
ctf_Center
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
November 21, 2004, 4:42 pm
Fast paced, small, ctf map. Best for 3on3 or 4on4. The middle is more or less the place, where the tides of a battle can be turned, as everyone has got to go through it. Bases are good -yet not too easily- to defend and are the only place to get medis and nades. As there are six openings to the middle, it still requires more than pure 1on1 strenght, you do need teamplay to make your flagger escape back to your own base before he dies.

- Soon on dibo.kicks-ass.net / 23078
- no bot support

DL:
http://www.marketzone.de/files/ctf_Center.PMS

[IMAGE]

_Mancer_
November 21, 2004, 4:49 pm
A little plain for me. Maybe a little more originality and uniqueness would make this more fun?

6.5/10

Sprocket
November 21, 2004, 7:04 pm
nice shading. needs scenery, though..

Helter Skelter
November 21, 2004, 7:07 pm
Good job, but it's just a little simple. Good concept though of makeing the center the changeing point. Original. I would add scenery though to add some excitement.

6/10.

Skate4Razors
November 21, 2004, 10:50 pm
Like everyone else, it's good, but needs a little scenery. Good job though!

Soulsnipa
November 21, 2004, 10:57 pm
you need to start making unique maps. I found that out...make something spectacular ...not so plain and like ur others and people will enjoy it.

grand_diablo
November 22, 2004, 4:00 pm
heh, I CAN make unique maps, as you might know, Soulsnipa. This one just doesnt look to unique, due to lack on sceneries. Its gameplay concept is quite unique, at least I cant remember seeing a map similarly concepted to this one. The map itself IS finished, there wont be any gameplay changes, but I will give it a try and scenerize it soon ;)

bucky_brad
November 22, 2004, 5:25 pm
I really like the design if this map, it focuses the battle in one spot but there are still different ways of getting the flag. Very well done IMO.

only thing I guess you could improve on is make more eyecandy.

Inquisitor
November 22, 2004, 7:07 pm
scenery missing, no waypoints.

sorry, butplease finish this map first then i will rate it.

Cookie.
November 22, 2004, 10:23 pm
" you need to start making unique maps. I found that out...make something spectacular ...not so plain and like ur others and people will enjoy it."
lol your one to talk m8 :P
the gameplay here is unique in the fact that all routes cross at one point... scenery and polygon shading are not the only things that make a map unique
gj as usual GD :P

-=edit

gd were you going for a triangly effect at the top with the shading? :P
i think if u fixed the texture it would have looked better...

Deleted User
November 23, 2004, 4:10 am
eh looks kind of plain, good map though, 8.5/10, downloading im guessing the gameplay is pretty damn good on this.

Soulsnipa
November 23, 2004, 4:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie." you need to start making unique maps. I found that out...make something spectacular ...not so plain and like ur others and people will enjoy it."
lol your one to talk m8 :P

I dont think so.

Sprocket
November 23, 2004, 11:00 am
i'll make waypoints today..

grand_diablo
November 23, 2004, 12:12 pm
yeeha ;)

Sprocket
November 23, 2004, 2:01 pm
i'll pm you when they're done..

T-Money
November 25, 2004, 2:16 pm
I love this map. It is now in circulation on my server....it has just the right balance of fast-paced fighting and teamwork necessity that makes a map great.

8.5/10 because it's a little plain.

grand_diablo
November 25, 2004, 11:32 pm
Sprocket has waypointed it already. Im thinking about scenerizing, but Im lacking time atm.

If someone would like to reshade n scenerize it, help is greatly appreciated ;)

There are only 2 defaults:

- The shape of the map must stay the same. No shape modification on polygons, except a bouncy poly must be replaced.

- The atmosphere should stay the same. Polygons and background can be recoloured, but the map should not turn out too bright. I want it to have at least a bit of a darkish look.

Your profit for doing this work:
Being mentioned in the mapname/description/readme and the feeling of being a nice person =)

damnnation
November 26, 2004, 3:25 pm
well i like it cuz it's simple goog job g_d :)