( search forums )
Morrowind
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
?
November 22, 2004, 1:28 am
I have finally got my computer running and morrowind installed anyone got any cool mods or plug-ins?

Chakra
November 22, 2004, 2:10 am
hohoho...cool mods or plugins...ahem.

The morrowind modding community is 'beyond' vast. Seriously, even the significant mods can't be counted. I used to play this game alot when I had a PC that could run it...personally I found the game lacking alot, until I installed around 82 mods.

All in all, check google for morrowind websites (especially RPGPlanet's) and the official Morrowind Forum with an incredibly active modding community. You also get release information there first usually.

I used the Giants mod myself, but not without some heavy heavy editing to remove some of the more pathetic creatures added. And then there was the vast weapons mods, the texture replacements, the sound addons, the new islands and quests, vampire mods, clothing and armour mods, spell mods, etc etc..

By the way, if you've thought of it, someones already made it. Lightsabers? duel katanas? turning into animals? having legions of vampires follow you? guns? Sam & Max? spells that make walls of fire or ice? all there baby. Weed plays this game too, so no doubt he'll have a few things to say.

Oh yeah...treat yourself and download the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack and slap it in the MP3 folder. It fits in a treat. Bit of LOTR works too.

Weed
November 26, 2004, 6:42 pm
mods i can tell you to get:

deathtrap dungeon (and all the series made by the same creator... i think that includes city of thieves and the wizard of mountain something, the author is patrograd or some like that, great modder, great quests)

Suran Underworld is a must have.

6th house, werewolves advanced, vampire embrace, and other script tweaking mods are pretty nice, most require either tribunal or bloodmoon expansions because of the new scripting capacities introduced on them.

you also need to get morrowind advanced... it adds smithing, cooking, sawing, pottery, and many other things that make the game way more enjoyable.

also, try modding yourself, it is a load of fun, and if you have some 3d max skills you can even make your own textures to make it look original.

*IF you happen to have a go at a mod: DONT make a freaking house mod in one of the next cities: Vivec, Balmora, Suran, Seyda Neen, Ald'Rhun, Hla Oad and Tel Vos. it gets boring. wanna have a go at a house mod? go for a nice place. the ashlands, red mountain, or underwater next to kartag point.

Yarrr rawr.