( search forums )
Death on INF
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Marine
November 22, 2004, 3:38 am
Well, the other day I was playing on a realistic INF server, 6v6. Desert Eagles, AK74, Barrett, and Minigun were disabled.

I'm on blue. The map rotates to INF_Invasion. It was simply a massacre.

About 3 people on blue got M79s, and LAWs, and full grenades. We all went to the top and began firing somewhat random shots. We'd fire the M79 at an angle so it lands in the little dip where the field meets the fortress. We'd then keep emptying our grenade load all over the field from the top (boxes kept spawning near us). We'd then take our LAWs, and fire them near straight up, so they come back straight down onto the field, right into the paths of the red. We'd also fire the LAWs straight out, so they land in the red's spawn point.

This was quite simply crazy, about half way through the game they gave up trying to go in (except for one or two newer players, who kept getting bombed up on the way in). They resorted to sitting on the spawn barge, firing rugers, M249s and LAWs at us. Of course, besides for the occasional ruger hit or LAW exploding someone, they couldn't hit us. They were firing completely blind at an uphill angle.

IT was one of my most successful and awesome INF games ever! It was also total massacre - to show what teamwork can do.

Chakra
November 22, 2004, 4:01 am
hold up, slow down....

..you won a game of inf_invasion...as blue?

Sweet mother Outcast!

DannyLB
November 22, 2004, 6:47 am
u won in inf_invasion??? :O

DeMonIc
November 22, 2004, 8:05 am
Sweet jesus' lovechild!
That's something you don't see everyday.

Toumaz
November 25, 2004, 2:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcSweet jesus' lovechild!
That's something you don't see everyday.

Amen.

Sami
November 25, 2004, 3:07 pm
Thats just unbeliveable.... or well it isnt..

T-Money
November 26, 2004, 3:29 am
I think I was in that game...as red, unfortunately.

Skate4Razors
November 26, 2004, 4:20 am
Sounds fun... If I were on red, I would do a kamikaze chainsaw massacre! :)

Marine
November 26, 2004, 7:19 am
It was crazy. But the thing was, red couldn't even make it to our base. We were throwing tons of greandes over, and firing M79s and LAWs everywhere, in addition to small arms fire. It was really fun going on the roof of the building and firing a LAW almost straight up into the air, then watching it fall straight back down onto the oncoming reds. I scored at least 3 kills this way.

Azalraku
November 26, 2004, 9:18 pm
where can i get skills like that?

Zero Wiggles Murasame
November 27, 2004, 8:38 am
well done... But, if I was there, I would rush in headfirst. and die about 48 times...

Sprocket
November 27, 2004, 3:45 pm
i would never die! i'm unstopable!

DT
November 28, 2004, 9:30 am
wow... thats even better then me...

AnzX Vi3t
December 11, 2004, 1:42 am
in inf_invasion? i barely see that...thats good tho ^^ teamwork^^
btw dt do u play that battleon thingy ur pic reminds me of it

Oliver Stannus
December 12, 2004, 2:29 pm
Yeah I think its about time someone realised how you are meant to play maps like inf_invasion. I mean did the Germans run down to the beaches with small arms on D-Day?

Svirin Kerath
December 13, 2004, 3:43 am
no! no they didn't!

edit: my bad. disregard question.

i wonder what would've happened with more reds?

n00bface
December 13, 2004, 3:50 am
He said 6v6 as the beginning of the post; read more.