( search forums )
A favor
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
AuroEdge
November 22, 2004, 4:04 am
I don't normally post threads like this, but this is an exception.

About 3½ to 4 years ago my mother was in a car accident. She was stopped at a stop light when a man in a truck rear-ended her car. He was speeding, not paying any attention when he hit some ice. She tensed up at the last second when she saw him coming. This probably increased damage to her body more than if she didn't expect it. She received soft tissue damage and a fractured T-6 vertebrae. At the time the fracture was hairline and wasn't picked up. Tissue damage is pretty much impossible to treat and is left up to the body to fix. Being the kind woman she is, she was more worried about not suing the guy because he was so poor. He had no insurance or very little coverage so she couldn't really expect anything from him. Now, earlier this year she was hit again. This time, it was during May. She was turning left and was blind sided by somebody going about 45MPH who had ran a red light. This pretty much took everything out her. She was pretty much okay, but her unnoticed fracture had progressed into a broken bone. There was a possibility of it slicing her spinal cord. Thankfully that didn't happen, but she's been in even worse pain since the 1st accident. Sometime not long after than, she got cancer. It's possible that she had cancer before that, but bone scans around the time of her accident show that she probably didn't. It started out in her lower right lung. She was put into the hospital a couple months later because she had gotten pneumonia. The day she was taken to the hospital we had a Nurse/neighbor watch her while my family was at a Church service for her. She was unconcious and blue all over. This was a day after her first Chemotherapy treatment. For 10 days she was intibated (had a breathing tube down her throat and was unconcious). She spent a couple weeks in the hospital. After that she came home and had six weeks of Chemo & Radiation. After her treatments she was evaluated. The cancer had spread down her legs and she had small tumors in her brain. She had some treatment after that, but decided to quit. The pain from the Chemo/Radiation and her injuries was too much. Last Wednesday she decided that she had enough and was ready to die. Right now she's getting Hospice, which is a business that makes people as comfortable as possible in their final days. So, here I am today.

What I'm asking for everybody here to do is to pray for her. I'm not trying to get attention or make you feel bad for me or my family. Even if you don't believe in God, all I ask is that you think about her. I'm still holding out for a miracle though Smile . She's only 45 and is still strong and clear minded. Normally at this point, people who have had lung cancer along with all of the medication and other cancer in their bodies have trouble remembering things and such, but not her. She's more worried about me than about herself. The doctors give her about 2-3 weeks. It'd be really nice that if she's going to die soon that I can have at least one more Christmas with her. Thanks. If this post looks familiar it might be because I'm putting it on a few different forums.

The Geologist
November 22, 2004, 4:24 am
Wow...I'm not exactly religious, but I hope you get your wish.

Social Poison
November 22, 2004, 6:29 am
Well... I am. She's on my prayer list, and so are you. Good luck, and sent the regards of the Soldat community. :)

xWoLxShiver
November 22, 2004, 6:31 am
good lucky Auro, im sorry to hear this, as we have all gone through our share of hard times, some are just too much to overcome. im not a religous person, however i am sure that everyone on these forums will spare a prayer for you, and your family, as will i.

good luck

fabmanx
November 22, 2004, 6:32 am
Wow...thats really harsh and emotional. I really hope all goes well. Good luck man...

iLLskiLLs
November 22, 2004, 6:38 am
Np, AuroEdge I have faith you will get your wish and I'll also keep your mom in my prayers. I'm sorry of these unfortunate happenings of Life striking your mom/family.

On a positive note 3 years ago My friends mom had Liver cancer and other troubles around Thanksgiving, the doctors also gave her 3-4 weeks to live She made it through christmas and surprisngly enough she is still alive today. Doing well with the help of medicine and family. I wish you the best of luck.

bucky_brad
November 22, 2004, 2:34 pm
I will for sure pray for her.

My dad died of cancer and I have a very small idea of what you are going through.
If ya need somone to talk to just add me to your MSN.

DT
November 22, 2004, 4:09 pm
by the powers in me she shall live!
becuse i command it

Michal
November 22, 2004, 10:05 pm
I hope she gets better, I'll pray for her.

AerialAssault
November 22, 2004, 10:13 pm
im an atheist, but i hope you and your mother can have at least this christmas together.

Magniitude
November 22, 2004, 10:27 pm
I hope you and your mom will have all the Christmases together for the rest of enternity!

Jello
November 23, 2004, 3:41 am
Terrible, man...I'm sorry.

karmazon
November 23, 2004, 3:52 am
:( I'm very, very sorry

peemonkey
November 23, 2004, 3:56 am
im prolly the last person who should be praying, but i know how bad things can get in a car accident, me just being in one. i hope....well, you know what im gonna say. im really suprised someone hasent been using the standard forum attitude here...mature guys :)

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 2:17 am
My brother was killed by a drunk driver in a car accident, though I can hardly imagine what you must be going through.

I wish you the very best, my friend. One can never give up hoping, after all.

Famine
November 24, 2004, 2:58 am
I will see what I can do...

N1nj@
November 24, 2004, 3:23 am
I dont believe in praying, if it happens, it happens, there is no way of stopping it even if you prayed 1 million times. Anyway, I hope everything goes well with you and your mother, I went thru this same experience 2 years ago where my mom got in a car accident and broke her leg. I know how it feels. Good luck.

Pulp
November 24, 2004, 4:05 am
Lord and heavenly Father,
the strengthener of those who suffer in body, mind and soul:
lay your healing hand on your servant
that she may be restored to health
and show her thankfulness in love to you
and service to her fellows,
through Jesus Christ our Lord

Amen

Happy Camper
November 25, 2004, 4:17 am
I am religious, and i am sorry to hear this, very very sorry, i will pray every night for you, and your mom, and i truely belive in the power of prayer, as its helped me thru hard times in my life.

God be with you and your mom Auro.

Messiah
November 25, 2004, 4:21 am
I will pray for her man, hope you wish comes true, sorry to hear this.

Social Poison
November 25, 2004, 8:40 am
quote:Originally posted by PulpLord and heavenly Father,

Amen

Amen

sgt. iceman
November 25, 2004, 12:56 pm
i only belive in thor, she will be prayed for.
terribly sorry to hear that

Sprocket
November 25, 2004, 1:05 pm
The world sucks.
That the end of it..

Toumaz
November 25, 2004, 2:04 pm
Oh my God... that made me cry.
I'll pray for both of you when I can...

ClanKwH
November 25, 2004, 3:38 pm
LOL so american... suing people and believing in god... [IMAGE]in hell =S

Happy Camper
November 25, 2004, 10:38 pm
you think only americans belive in God? and you think only americans pray? and i bet you think americans are stupid?

go [IMAGE] yourself, this is a serius thred, and i dont see why you have anything against americans...so eat me....

Messiah
November 25, 2004, 11:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTby the powers in me she shall live!
becuse i command it

Was that supposed to be funny? Because this isnt a funny post.

Tha Doggfather
November 25, 2004, 11:28 pm
Please Messiah, he doesn't know any better.

Hitman
November 26, 2004, 9:08 am
quote:Originally posted by Social Poisonquote:Originally posted by PulpLord and heavenly Father,

Amen
Amen. Amen.

I'm not religious, but this is an exception. I'm pleasantly surprised by the mature response to someone pouring his heart out to us. It's a tragedy what happened to your mother, and I hope everything works out for you and her. If not, let's hope she passes away peacefully.