( search forums )
New Gta its been upgraded greatly
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
DT
November 22, 2004, 7:51 pm
when i rented this game i didn't think it would be this good... now the question is thel oad times are so damn slower and its slicker... so what did they do...

i ment faster i was kinda drunk at night when i poasted this...

Captain RibMan
November 22, 2004, 8:28 pm
It'll prolly be better for PC

n00bface
November 22, 2004, 8:32 pm
it loads longer so you can play smoother.

it's strength is also it's weakness.

Liber_Lupus
November 22, 2004, 8:46 pm
Still have to suffer 31 days before i get my hands on that game. There will be alot of sleepless nights.

The Geologist
November 22, 2004, 8:47 pm
Be prepared to sit around and do nothing except play for 6-12 hours when you get it. :)

Kazuki
November 22, 2004, 9:46 pm
The load times aren't much slower. Maybe a small bit slower inbetween extreme scenery change, but Rockstar even got rid of the annoying "Welcome" screens that they used as a cover-up in Vice City for the loading times. Other than entering and exiting buildings, the load times are faster, in my opinion. ;)

paramud
November 22, 2004, 10:27 pm
yeah, i rented the game, and it runs as fast as a rabbit hops. and kaz is right about the cover up "welcome" stuff, except when i enter different regions, theres a slight pause (about 1 second or two) for it to load.but damn, i wanna get to that third island :(

The Geologist
November 22, 2004, 10:52 pm
Indeed, I want to open up a new island. I've got my hands full with taking over all the territories and stuff while I finish missions..mua ha ha. Gotta rule it all.

paramud
November 23, 2004, 12:04 am
lol, dont worry, you'll lose it all!

Kazuki
November 23, 2004, 1:03 am
Haha, yeah. You lose all the territories until the final missions. Then you have to take them all over again. :P You've been wasting your time.

kkazican
November 23, 2004, 3:23 am
The game is a lot smoother but the rendering is a lot slower too. If you fly around in a plane and gradually get closer to rooftops the rooftop you crash into will change it's image right before you hit it. I think they downgraded the graphics and upped the size and such. Don't get me wrong I love the game it's just I hate it's rendering rate.

paramud
November 23, 2004, 3:31 am
yeah, but its cool with stat building and such.... i cant wait to get that third island *thinks maniacle thoughts*

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 23, 2004, 7:09 am
I've gotten to the third island already, its sorta like a cross between Ferriro and Santos, with a bit of Gheetoish look and Tall buildings, and MAN are the deserts beatiful.

I've also unlocked Arch Wheel Angels, which lets me seriously mod out my street cars, which I spend 5k on, then total within 3 minutes.

ClanKwH
November 23, 2004, 12:19 pm
It sux it aint made for pc.Games like that are meant to be played on a pc :/

Liber_Lupus
November 23, 2004, 2:27 pm
Are meant to play on pc? I Like the game on ps2 more. For you pc whiners, the game will come out in summer 2005.

DT
November 23, 2004, 4:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiHaha, yeah. You lose all the territories until the final missions. Then you have to take them all over again. :P You've been wasting your time.

yea i konw.. i did that... got em all... well at least i got alot of paper and weapons + weapon exp. i already maxed my Health though
right now i'm with the Zero and i just fined his stuff... god its annoying and i did up to the jizzy mission.
duel wielding pistols and micros are fun :)
the new shoping system is cooler but takes longer to buy the stuff... and the clothes you can get.. well lets just say i got all green with a cap sunshades and dogchains.. and boy i'm gangsta looking.
swiming is good to not dieing when you hit the water...
Bikes are fun i mean you can go up mountians... with em