( search forums )
mutant hover tank with nuclear bombs and lava gun
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Swarmer
November 23, 2004, 3:00 am
Just kidding. Anyways, I think i mentioned this before. It might've been a dream. I dunno. but i think a lobby system would work nicely. Kinda like the games at the MSN Gaming Zone. You have a chatting area where everyone can meet, and a messaging system to have a buddies list and private messaging. An in-game private messaging system would be nice too. This way, the community can grow stronger and we can have a bit more rivalry and socializing. If you've been part of a small game's community, you know what im talking about.

omg, im getting deja vu. Im sure ive typed this somewhere. I cant find it though. please dont kill me if this idea has been suggested before. It would make me cry.

n00bface
November 23, 2004, 3:10 am
It is a deja-vu for me :) Let me try and break it down..

quote:You have a chatting area where everyone can meet
I don't think it is too bad of an idea, just seems kind of "out of the mode". There is a rather large IRC community for chatting anyways.

quote:and a messaging system to have a buddies list and private messaging
Would never work. People change their nicknames all the time, there would be no way to keep track of buddies. There is also no server for data like buddies to be hosted on. Same goes for chat.

If you really want to socialize with fellow soldaters then you should come to IRC. It is very active..moreso than forums.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 23, 2004, 6:57 am
I believe that a built in IRC area on the bottom of the "Join game" Menu (Server list will move to the top for visiblity) would work wonders.

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 10:13 pm
thats a good idea, then you could get in servers with friends or people that you know easier...

mipit
November 24, 2004, 12:04 am
That would be cool since we can talk about stuff and get mad at some one play a game a blast there head off. There is now spot in the game were lost of people together.

diediedie119
December 4, 2004, 9:33 am
look you can already [IMAGE]ing talk by pressing "t"

Denacke
December 4, 2004, 9:45 am
quote:Originally posted by diediedie119look you can already [IMAGE]ing talk by pressing "t"

Thank you for unleashing your stupidity on this thread.

It'd be nice to have a built in IRC tab in soldat, nice way to find fellow mates or clanwars, and group up on a server :)

I say yes :O

mipit
December 4, 2004, 1:33 pm
[IMAGE]

frogboy
December 4, 2004, 2:13 pm
Too cluttered. And, although already said, it's un-needed, there's at least 70 people on IRC at this very moment in various soldat channels.

Jaz
December 4, 2004, 2:23 pm
However, hardly anyone replies cos nobody looks at irc much. people on the soldat one could say the server and join it easily. Would work well....because the ppl n the soldat one would actually be there.

Marine
December 4, 2004, 4:43 pm
It's unnecessary, but its a good idea.

Orion-77
December 26, 2004, 8:00 am
it would be nice to have some people belive it or not are lazy and don't want to get mirc. yeah i didn't belive it myself. but you have more than one channel in it ex. #noobctf #noobinf #noobers #soldatleagues #someclanthatthinkstheyarethebest #anotherclanthatthinkstheyarethebest #ctfscrim

well something to that extent

Alamo
December 26, 2004, 10:49 am
irc is great... and not in the lobby. just have mirc opened... you can even alt+tab out of the game to gather some people... What we need is a 'Copy Server Information Button'

Teh Panda
December 26, 2004, 12:43 pm
Go to irc. No need cos we have irc.

lastpatriot
December 26, 2004, 1:09 pm
I like it. Instead of being on the servers list, it will be another menu option, listed "Barracks", or something like that. You would have a "type here" bar, and a "post" button. People's names would be on the side, and you oculd add them to buddies whenever, and so on.

Orion-77
December 26, 2004, 9:04 pm
well tell yeah one thing you have alot more use/chat/whatever in all of those channels. it would make the soldat community mroe talktive?? maybe but then you'll see how dumb the other guy really is