( search forums )
Where are the private servers?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Kazuki
November 23, 2004, 3:17 am
Pretty self-explanitory. First of all, this isn't a whine.

What the hell happened? I have only seens Llama's private CTF server up once, and with only one person inside. What happened to the BA and CNS servers? All I've been able to play in lately is some very sad public servers. They have a great connection, and the games would be enjoyable if it wasn't for all of the... GAH! NEWBS! I don't mean it in the sense that they suck at playing, but in addition to using 3 buttons at the most, they think they are the champions of the world, and they think that they know so much better than you.

Now for the whining... I try to encourage them to get out of their "crouch-and-shoot" phase, or to stop "defending", or to try using a new weapon, or even to try cooperating with me as a team. Unfortunately, all I get back in response is their annoying behaviour. Their annoying "u r a fkucing idiot" language, their "f*ck off" attitude, and their "I do what I want" thinking.

Basically, I have a strong hate for them, and I would rather not have to play that way much longer. Is there any way that this can be changed, or do we have to bring out the private servers again?

Pulp
November 23, 2004, 3:25 am
The server of BA is down cause there are problems with the latest soldat-linux-server...and won't be up as long as there isn't an update or a new version..that's what Hektik_Sniper told me...

The server of c'n's is still up...i think, at least it was a few days ago...

Skate4Razors
November 23, 2004, 4:41 am
I'm not popular enough to know about these... :/

Spectral
November 23, 2004, 4:43 am
the c`n`s server gets a decent amount of action, as does the HS server. tho indeed it is really sad with the BaD server and llamas not being up. im forced to play on public servers like optik's most of the time.

fabmanx
November 23, 2004, 6:24 am
GnR's new server will be up like tonite, 100mbit, rented by our lovely man Wol-Shiver. Look for it soon...it will be the new soldat server joint :D

T.J.FoRd
November 23, 2004, 6:28 am
optiks is where its at

Element_101
November 23, 2004, 8:14 am
Dont Complain, Come To Australia And Check Out Our Servers, Then You Wont Be So Quick To Complain Trust Me.

LazehBoi
November 23, 2004, 9:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Element_101Dont Complain, Come To Australia And Check Out Our Servers, Then You Wont Be So Quick To Complain Trust Me.

He Won't Be Complaining About Noobs, But He'll Be Complaining About Hackers Instead.

Yeah, give Iinet a try, they aren't that bad.

DeMonIc
November 23, 2004, 9:03 am
Welcome to the real world, Mr.Kazuki.
c'n's has a passworded server, but it's almost the only one.Publics are full of Soldiers, (literally) and it's quite annoying that one cannot have a decent game because of them.

The Geologist
November 23, 2004, 10:06 am
The private servers are in your mind. Take a pill...or something. I'm tired.

iLLskiLLs
November 23, 2004, 10:59 am
I'm seeing llamas Private server up Right now even. It has been up for a while, allthough empty :( P.S i cannot see the server unless i set My filter settings To dedicated/CTF :S

Jap_man
November 23, 2004, 11:43 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiquote:Originally posted by Element_101Dont Complain, Come To Australia And Check Out Our Servers, Then You Wont Be So Quick To Complain Trust Me.

He Won't Be Complaining About Noobs, But He'll Be Complaining About Hackers Instead.

hahahahahhaha.
Australian soldat would be alright if hackers stoped coming to the servers. But there probably are as many whiners as there are hackers in Aus servers. And anyways there arent many good Australian public servers anyways.

palloco
November 23, 2004, 12:18 pm
Well, Kazuki, you are lucky that friendly fire is not enable by default like in the rest of the games. Learn to appreciate the work of your teamies and since you are the vet you are the one who have to adaptate to their tactics and not the contrary. Why should they accept your orders when you dont respect them? That they all are camping? Then be afk a moment and unavoidably someone will move, once this happens you help him.

3rd_account
November 23, 2004, 12:37 pm
Hmm, where the dnagames server go? That was a good one!

Hektik Sniper
November 23, 2004, 12:45 pm
the BA and SaD one is down because of the seg fault bug in the ded server, Until michal fixes it, it wont be up :(

LazehBoi
November 23, 2004, 1:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Jap_manquote:Originally posted by LazehBoiquote:Originally posted by Element_101Dont Complain, Come To Australia And Check Out Our Servers, Then You Wont Be So Quick To Complain Trust Me.

hahahahahhaha.
Australian soldat would be alright if hackers stoped coming to the servers. But there probably are as many whiners as there are hackers in Aus servers. And anyways there arent many good Australian public servers anyways.

Wrong!111 Iinet is pretty nice... been addicted to TDM recently :Q
Iinet even has an INF server now... There aren't that many whiners, either.

Meandor
November 23, 2004, 3:57 pm
eh, i often call people in cns server, but no one ever comes :|
http://serv.poronet.com/

peemonkey
November 23, 2004, 4:22 pm
even im fed up with public servers now, and that's my primary playground. >:|

Kazuki
November 23, 2004, 9:37 pm
Oh, come on, don't most of you agree that this is at least a bit worse than before?

Palloco, I appreciated that my teammates contributed to the team at first, but when it became excessive, it was no longer unique, and eventually it got annoying... and then it became unbearable.

Like Spectral, I am pretty much forced to play at Optik's or CTF: Ownage. I don't see many people in c'n's, most likely because of the time zones. I just plain don't like the Hawtsecks server, because of the admins. Not all of them, but the ones like Silent Assassin / Kukkainen piss me off, so I try to stay away from that.

I am looking forward to the GnR server and am hoping to see the BA and SaD server back up soon. :) Still, what happened to Llama's?

S4R, all these servers are posted in topic by me. :D Click on "Recommended Servers" in my signature.

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 9:47 pm
there do need to be more private servers, but not enough people get the pws, we need a way to distribute the pws to good players, but not get them down to noobs...

kkazican
November 23, 2004, 10:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Skate4RazorsI'm not popular enough to know about these... :/

Hey consider yourself lucky everytime I was in a clan that disbanded I was the last one to know. Normally I get told my clan disbanded about a week after it disbanded by some guy I don't even know.

Tha Doggfather
November 23, 2004, 10:03 pm
People who deserve the passwords will get them, no need to give them out.

If you desperately want them, come to the biggest soldat clan channels on IRC.

Meandor
November 23, 2004, 10:33 pm
pft, soldat channels are so dead, especially the biggest ones. The only channels where i can talk to someone are forums channel and cns' priv..

Tha Doggfather
November 23, 2004, 11:22 pm
im just saying you can get the pass there, just hang around

Dathker
November 24, 2004, 2:01 am
hrm....
I will start up a dedi server so you fellows can play when ever you want as long as im not playing cs/soldat/starcraft etc
name: private nub serv
my ip: 24.154.171.169
port : 1337
pass: wew

Captain_Jimbo
November 25, 2004, 9:48 am

The last time I'd played, the public servers were pretty bad, but fun enough to rock most annoying newbies. And I say that in the most "I think I'll show everyone that I know a cool map exploit" kind of way.

Alas, it's been a while since I've played. My broadband provider is all screwed up and even now on my Uncle's high-speed computer, I can't figure out how to disable his damn satalite firewall. [IMAGE]ty deal.

Element_101
November 25, 2004, 10:50 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiquote:Originally posted by Jap_manquote:Originally posted by LazehBoiquote:Originally posted by Element_101Dont Complain, Come To Australia And Check Out Our Servers, Then You Wont Be So Quick To Complain Trust Me.

hahahahahhaha.

Wrong!111 Iinet is pretty nice... been addicted to TDM recently :Q
Iinet even has an INF server now... There aren't that many whiners, either.

Still A Bad Selection Though.

palloco
November 25, 2004, 3:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meandorpft, soldat channels are so dead, especially the biggest ones. The only channels where i can talk to someone are forums channel and cns' priv..

Maybe because if you write 3 lines in cns channel you get banned by some op

Hektik Sniper
November 25, 2004, 4:21 pm
only if your name begins with pall and ends with oco

Meandor
November 25, 2004, 4:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by pallocoquote:Originally posted by Meandorpft, soldat channels are so dead, especially the biggest ones. The only channels where i can talk to someone are forums channel and cns' priv..

Maybe because if you write 3 lines in cns channel you get banned by some op

.. who did that? I just kick people at random.

LazehBoi
November 25, 2004, 4:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Element_101Still A Bad Selection Though.

Eh... Not really, Two TDM + Two CTF + One INF? TDM is as fun as deathmatch, and nobody plays Rambo, or Pointmatch, but eh. The Iinet managers appear to like team play ;)

palloco
November 25, 2004, 5:18 pm
No ,not you, bunnehman.
And no, it was not me.

STEELIX
November 25, 2004, 8:02 pm
I'm not sure... what do yall mean with private servers?
servers that need a pass? where would ya get the pass?
call be a noob but i've just not been around that long ;)

Tha Doggfather
November 25, 2004, 8:34 pm
Yes, servers that require a pass.

You just have to know people to get the pass, convince them that you deserve them i guess.

Meandor
November 25, 2004, 9:44 pm
You're mixing stuff up there Palloco, i'm not the one with the bunneh fetish. I eat bunnies for breakfast.

palloco
November 26, 2004, 10:10 am
:P, I meant: No, not you, it was bunnehman