( search forums )
Soldat AM's Hot topic 001
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
November 23, 2004, 7:06 pm
Please check this topic to see what I'm on about:-

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18877

Anyway. There may have been a discussion about the barrets in topics, but I want you to post your main opinions about it here, most posts will be used for my flash, Im putting the topic here becuase I need alot of comments for it, ( no-one posts in the fan art forum hardly. The episode will be as long as 15 mins!!! and is a huge project)

Topic is:-

Is the barret overused? Is it 'n00bish' to use the barret? what would you change about it? and do you like/hate it?

Skate4Razors
November 23, 2004, 8:07 pm
1. Yes
2. No
3. Nothing...
4. It's alright to me.

LazehBoi
November 23, 2004, 8:10 pm
The barret is overused, but it's being used less and less, I find it's 'n00bish' to use the barret, but it's not unfair anymore. I wouldn't change anything about it... And I like it when people are using it properly.

Fangus Deef
November 23, 2004, 8:14 pm
dont make 2 topics about the same god damn thing. noob.

Deleted User
November 23, 2004, 8:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Fangus Deefdont make 2 topics about the same god damn thing. noob.

quote:Originally posted by WassowThere may have been a discussion about the barrets in topics

I know you [IMAGE] yourself

And I posted it hear becasue no-one hardly replies to the topics in that forum. this is a different thing although a tiny bit related

die nadel
November 23, 2004, 9:42 pm
I think that the barret adds a different aspect to the game. Soldat would be lame if there were only automatic guns. It would be too 1D, it would have no deapth. I think the barret is commonly used, but not overused. Just because a gun is liked by too many people doesn't mean we should get rid of it. I wouldn't change the barret its fine, it provides a challenge when people use it, and it makes a good break from solid automatic fighting. It makes you learn to evade and dodge. Personally I like the barret sometimes, depending on the number of players and the way the game is going. Its not noobish to use the barret, its just a gun.

Icarius
November 23, 2004, 9:47 pm
The barret is a piece of [IMAGE] and needs removing..... a lot of the game needs fixing still though. A new showcase of weapons would rock actually.

Yin_Starrunner
November 23, 2004, 11:01 pm
The barret has improved substantially form 1.2.0 to the new 1.2.1. In addition to the technical improvements, I see less and less people using it. I, personally, find sniping fun, and when I get killed by a sniper, I either silently congratulate him on a nice shot, or silently curse myself for being stupid enough to run straight into his sights.

Another important thing about the barret is how it is used. While a camper usually stays in the same spot (allowing for an easy kill if you know what you're doing), a person who abuses the barret is always moving, and why the latter is harder to kill, I don't believe they are to hard to beat and i do not view them as "cheap".

Chakra
November 23, 2004, 11:23 pm
I think the maps themselves make the likes of 1-shot guns a little unfair in places. Otherwise they're prety much just fine. Annoying, sometimes, but I suppose they're fine.

Example... ctf_equinox ...i'm sure we've all encountered a camper sitting in that dark lonely flag area. Or the tight corridors of voland, and so on. Cramped places are not the place to meet a guy with a 1-shot gun.

Fangus Deef
November 24, 2004, 12:08 am
ahem.

T-Money
November 24, 2004, 7:27 am
I love the barret, sniping is much too fun to pass up. And anybody who complains about the Barret being a noobish weapon should try using it for a whole game some time, I can guarantee you it's a lot hard to hit a fast-moving target than some people think.

Jap_man
November 24, 2004, 12:06 pm
No, it isnt "n00bish" to use barret, it's not "n00bish" to use any particular weapon.
Yes it may be overused but what are you going to do?

Will
November 24, 2004, 1:29 pm
Wassow, you arent doing the Sold@ "Minigun n00b" script anywhere in that animation are you?

DeMonIc
November 24, 2004, 1:32 pm
Since 1.2.1 came out, your average barrettard turned into your average AKer.I switched to barrett, and I find it much harder to dominate with it against other weapons on open maps, and it's fun for the whole family.

Will
November 24, 2004, 1:35 pm
fun for the whole family if used correctly.

Teh Panda
November 24, 2004, 2:06 pm
All weapons seem to be in pretty nice balance.

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 3:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by WillWassow, you arent doing the Sold@ "Minigun n00b" script anywhere in that animation are you?

lol, no. Its a nearly totally different thing.

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 7:21 pm
since there now is the bink effect and the barret seems (for me) to have slightly worse aim, i think its got a pretty fair weapon. i stopped complaining about it since i played 1.21 first time.

BManx2000
November 24, 2004, 7:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Yin_StarrunnerThe barret has improved substantially form 1.2.0 to the new 1.2.1.

What the hell are you on? Or by "improved", do you mean "nerfed"?

Blackdeath
November 26, 2004, 6:13 pm
First off wtf? I got so bored of your post I stopped reading after the word soccer. And if this has anything to do with soccer BOOO! Soldat = shooting and by disgracing this lovely game by introducing soccer stuff YOU LOSE! This makes no sense but I don't care.

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 6:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by BlackdeathFirst off wtf? I got so bored of your post I stopped reading after the word soccer. And if this has anything to do with soccer BOOO! Soldat = shooting and by disgracing this lovely game by introducing soccer stuff YOU LOSE! This makes no sense but I don't care.

Wow, which sadact let you join the forum.

First, your too thick to realise this has [IMAGE] ALL TO DO WITH SOCCER

Second, why the toss would I ask a discussion on the barret if I'm supposedly talking about soccer.

You lose, faggot.

Blackdeath
November 26, 2004, 7:03 pm
I stand by my oafish remark. Oh did I tell you how pretty your eyes are?

Azalraku
November 26, 2004, 8:00 pm
wel personally, i cant use the barret effectively. but i'm considered a noob anyway, so it's all the same to me