( search forums )
leave corpses
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
die nadel
November 23, 2004, 10:02 pm
what if dead bodies don't go anywhere after the person respawns, it'd be kinda cool and might get a little funny once a dm gets up to 20 kills a person, tell me what you think? I used search i didn't find anything like it

Yin_Starrunner
November 23, 2004, 10:38 pm
ya, but it may cause lag...

Skate4Razors
November 24, 2004, 12:04 am
Why would it cause lag? It would be kinda like a scenery or something, I think that's cool.

Fangus Deef
November 24, 2004, 3:27 am
yo die, it's been suggested before, with no real ending. oh, and Jesus's Vagina OWNS you.

die nadel
November 24, 2004, 7:19 am
that was random, and i used search i couldn't find anything about it. as for the lag, make it an optional feature so people with sucky comps or connections can use a server without it?

Fangus Deef
November 24, 2004, 8:21 am
why's everything an option? people with [IMAGE]ty comps shouldnt play soldat. or they should update.

IDF-RIPsta
November 24, 2004, 8:47 am
Fangus seems to me like a very angry and troubled child...

Corpses catch bullets, grenades, etc. If there are too many of them lying around, it would make the gameplay too difficult.

Will
November 24, 2004, 10:15 am
nah, thats rubbish, E.G. :

*respawns*

oh look! my body is still on the floor!

kkazican
November 24, 2004, 6:13 pm
well it would completely kill the ricochet effect on the ground and seeing how horrible I aim that is bad for me.

DT
November 25, 2004, 12:22 am
search button...
i said that before...
a corpse stays thier untill the 2nd respawn of the player

Element_101
November 25, 2004, 11:23 am
Maybe An Option To Do It Would Work Better.

Will
November 25, 2004, 11:25 am
it wouldnt work at all, lol

Carcass
November 26, 2004, 12:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Fangus Deefwhy's everything an option? people with [IMAGE]ty comps shouldnt play soldat. or they should update.

Wake up and smell the Carcass!

Anyway, Wasn't soldat a game created for the people that don't have the greatest comps? I'm sure if most people that play soldat could play CS or Half Life 2, they would be, I know I would be. What's your excuse for playing a minor 2d game on a good comp?

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 2:35 pm
it would cause lag because the bodies are still interactive even after a player isn't using them you know when you shoot a corpse it flies around, it would cause at a guess not much lag, it would be fun yes, but i have to disagree because if your having a tdm with a kill limit of 300 and then they'd be 200 bodies rolling arounmd the ground, their should be a limit on the corpses like 20 or something

die nadel
November 27, 2004, 9:07 am
then maybe just like it was suggested to stay there 1 spawn back, or have a limit on the bodies, that wouldn't kill ricos, and it shouldn't lag.
OFF TOPIC:
And i have no problem with people that have bad comps, but please. if you have a below a pentium 3, and anything worse than dsl. DON'T PLAY ONLINE WITH OTHER PEOPLE. GAR that makes me mad. you mess up the game for everyone in the server. go play with bots, or spend a bit more cash on your comp.
OFF TOPIC^^

so really, it'd be fun, a bit more realistic (no i'm not trying to make it like counterstrike or something i don't really like that game) it'd be damn cool too. plus it'd go right in with soldats bloody nature.

Caelestis
November 27, 2004, 1:10 pm
quote: What's your excuse for playing a minor 2d game on a good comp?

BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THE BEST [IMAGE]ING GAMES EVER.
TARD.

(and my comp is good enough for JKIII and UT2k4 and stuff but i still play soldat more.)
TARD.

BMF
November 27, 2004, 4:41 pm
its not gonna look good, end of story

Sprocket
November 27, 2004, 5:00 pm
you can just set the respawn time to 30.
you have to wait longer, though.

die nadel
November 27, 2004, 8:25 pm
exactly, you'd have to wait for 30 secs to respawn. so if you did this you could spawn faster but still get the effect.

die nadel
November 27, 2004, 8:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Willnah, thats rubbish, E.G. :

*respawns*

oh look! my body is still on the floor!

just as a note about this, you could say the same thing with the following:
oh i died. my head flew most the way across the level
hey i'm back in one piece, alive and have a new gun.

it doesn't matter that its unrealistic. the whole idea of soldat is unrealistic. but its fun

sorry bout the double post

Michal
November 27, 2004, 8:47 pm
In the game Operation Flashpoint server admins can decide how long bodies stay on the ground in the options. Maybe a similar thing should be in Soldat.

Marine
November 28, 2004, 2:28 am
It'd get too cluttered with dead bodies and would look wierd

Yea, I think Michaels got the idea..

m00`
November 28, 2004, 3:05 am
THis should be a player option, not a server side option. The player should have an option in the options menu whether to leave corpses on the floor or let them disappear.

mipit
November 28, 2004, 7:54 pm
The player option would be better than server options. if its only player there will be no lag on the server because of that but the player has a disinvantage since you can richot stuff with bodys around. that would be weired for another person seeing somone elses bullets not richoting off the ground.

die nadel
November 29, 2004, 3:22 am
it can't be a player option, some peoples bullets rico some don't (they hit bodies that the player with the option turned off can't see)
how bout letting the host determine how many bodies can be on the game at a time, 1-100 or something

Messiah
November 29, 2004, 3:43 am
quote:Originally posted by Fangus Deefwhy's everything an option? people with [IMAGE]ty comps shouldnt play soldat. or they should update.

People play the game because they got [IMAGE]ty computers, and thats all they want to play ffs, thats why people like it, its simple and you dont need a super l33t video card /./

Die Nadel i think its a good idea btw, kinda like Call of Duty where your dead body stays there, than if im pissed off i can shoot at it more! ;D