( search forums )
A cw without autos >;U
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Urhos
November 24, 2004, 6:43 am
Yay, teh cns has started to play clanwars without the usage of autos,
and has infected other clans with the same spirit ( dun wanna play against 3 nubs using autos >;U ).
If my memory serves me right, we've played 2, won 1 and lost 1.

Playing without a single automatic (mp5, ak, steyr, minimi, minigun) really raises the level of a war.

I myself and many others are just bored to play against ppl who cannot use anything else than ak/minimi. They just try to cap 1 time and then
take 3 autos and defend. It's effective, but just pretty f00kin' boring o.O.

For you who are getting numb of soldat, one reason might be the fact that almost every clanwar is based on the force of the automatics.
Play Anti-Auto cw's to get that old jolly good feelin' whilst playing your wars.

I myself will not play a war where the opposing team will not agree to the terms of not using any autos for a long time now.
And based on the thrill of the wars, I have started on making a league, which prevents the use of autos.

This really gives back the old feel of clanwarring. Try it

T-Money
November 24, 2004, 7:29 am
Amen. I have a server running a lot of the time that has no autos. I completely agree with you; once I stopped using autos as my main weapons, I found a whole new side to sold hat.

Urhos
November 24, 2004, 7:47 am
Im about to turn the cns server into the nonauto side >;u

Drama
November 24, 2004, 10:16 am
ak noobs... is our ak'ers fault 1.2.1 was turned to auto-powered? ive used ak almost every time from 1.1.5, please dont hate the playa

btw. this auto-overpower issue was in 1.2 imo

iLLskiLLs
November 24, 2004, 11:14 am
hahaha.... Well, I used to use barret and everyone complained. So, I switched to Desert eagles, Same outcome. So, I switched to ruger Bleh, Same complaining. Now, I use whatever I want automatics included. Piss on you. We cant win for losing. Much like Michael Marcinkowski with these people who Hate all the weapons.

3rd_account
November 24, 2004, 12:58 pm
Ever since Urhos called me a "mp5 whore" or something like that, I re-thaught my choise of weapons. I've been secretly training with deagles and I'm just as good with them now as with autos.
Thank you Urhos, you turned my life around. ;ยค

Will
November 24, 2004, 1:34 pm
hmm.. i must admit the AK in 1.2.1 is COMPLETELY different (in terms of power etc.) to the one in 1.0.5b.

i have regained my barret skills now.

DeMonIc
November 24, 2004, 2:19 pm
I decided I will use the top weapon of a version after a new version comes out....1.2.2 will be Ak74 for me >;Q

Will
November 24, 2004, 2:24 pm
hopefully in 1.1.2 we will be able to make our own weapons.

Messiah
November 24, 2004, 2:31 pm
*Cough* -MN- *Cough*

STEELIX
November 24, 2004, 2:44 pm
haaaa, thank god spas aint an auto

Alamo
November 24, 2004, 4:42 pm
my god... I used Barret, realized it is lame, so i dropped it. Now everyone bitches about my Minimi... I'm good at it and I'm definitely not a sprayer or noob or both... Actually I use nearly all guns now.

AerialAssault
November 24, 2004, 4:42 pm
you know, if everyone uses the same gun, and they all fire on you at the same time...no [IMAGE] its gonna be really effective. 3 barretters = whos gonna miss? 3 autoers = multiply the probability of a hit with the average player by 3. the guns are fine.

iLLskiLLs
November 24, 2004, 4:56 pm
Hi AerialAssault.And For the Topic,

Does Michael Ever Get a [IMAGE]ing Break? You know, just before every version release its always the same ppl who complain later on that says its perfect and lovely.. 5 weeks down the line totally complete and different views. I don't know how to help these people. There is no gratitude..... Please for the love of God Just play the game.

Originally posted By Urhos` "This really gives back the old feel of clanwarring. Try it"

--- I dont get it, Old Clan wars Everyone was a Barrettard Or a RugerTard and everyone Bitched and Didn't like it. So doesn't your overpowered Automatics Bring back the feeling of old clan wars Enough For you?

Pulp
November 24, 2004, 6:40 pm
c'n's stopped using automatic weapons ? :o)

It's about time clans realize that there is more than just the casual ctf on the common gamemode.
Every day you get flooded by 'wanna play a 3vs3 CTF', but someone ever saw a clan asking for an Infiltration-cw, for a Teamdeathmatch-cw, for a CTF in advanced or realistic mode ?

I suggest we'd have clanwars on other gamemodes. TDM, Infiltration and CTF on realistic & advanced mode... Just using the variety of the options Michal made available for us...

CTF with only a few weapons available is already a step forward... but still, more variety in clanwars is a must...

i'll make a post about it in the 'general discussions'-section...once...

Meandor
November 24, 2004, 6:43 pm
The point is, we @ cns never complained about balance in the previous versions. No one of us was going around with a silly aba sign, or whining all the time.

LazehBoi
November 24, 2004, 6:48 pm
eh... I don't mind autos at all, but that would make it interesting... No autos... :Q
In my humble opinion, everything is balanced, but eh, i'm more of a DM than a CTF player...

Also, iLLskiLLs, I wouldn't listen to them if they whine about deagle whoring, they require a hefty amount of skill, and if they can't beat it because they're rushing in, close range to meet your powerful bullets it's their own fault. The ruger is somewhat the same to that... It takes the same, if not more skill than the deagles. :|

Urhos
November 24, 2004, 6:56 pm
Beh, you f000kin' idiots i might say >;U

I dun really care about your "oo, i use minimi and this is stupid coz you say they are unbalanced blablablabalbalbalblba"
Its not the point here.

The point is, not using them

liek

a new way of playing cw's

not liek, ooo, i want michal to kill autos blablablabl.

liek try it, d'oh

Skate4Razors
November 24, 2004, 7:05 pm
Autos are annoying sometimes, they are cool sometimes, but I think it would be cool to have a server with anti-autos. :)

that fuking sniper
November 25, 2004, 12:04 am
I think Soldat is overpowered. And I also think I'm getting fed up with all you whiners that find a new topic to whine about every single version. I'm currently also wondering why I'm taking my time to even post. All I know is that whatever change is made to the game, one weapon or another is guanranteed to be overpowered, and people are going to use it more than others because it seems to them that they're just better with that weapon. Happens all the time. If we repeatedly took out every single overpowered weapon in Soldat we'd wind up getting to just one weapon, and maybe then delete that for favor of fists. I dont know, but now this issue is simply absurd. Play the game, have fun, and beat those who you think use "cheap weapons" because they arent skilled enough to handle others, because an inferior player can always be defeated by a better one, no matter the weapon of choice.

Social Poison
November 25, 2004, 8:45 am
here here

Wopkeuh
November 25, 2004, 10:56 am
I simply start a server with whatever settings I think are right.

In my experience in fighting bots I found out the ones with Barrett usually score the best. When I start a server I block out the Barrett.

People who agree with me join the server and keep playing, those who disagree simply leave. Everybody's happy.

To be honest, I think the game is perfectly balanced now. The barrett thing is just something personal ;)

BTW, grenade launcer is my favorite.

Urhos
November 25, 2004, 11:14 am
This isnt a whine post about overpowered autos.

This is a post about a new alternative for the regular cw's, I myself am bored to play against autos, but am not whining about how overpowered they are -.-

Will
November 25, 2004, 11:35 am
if you want to see the best the weapons ever were, download 1.0.5b

Wopkeuh
November 25, 2004, 11:54 am
Sorry about getting a bit off track. If you know of M79 clans please inform me.
I played an M79 game once and I enjoyed it to the limit.

Marine
November 26, 2004, 7:22 am
All Ruger servers are awesome.

And, I think Michal upgraded the AKs power because it was easily defeated by the Steyr.

Each auto has different power.

HK=Weak but makes up with very fast fire rate
AK=Strong with slower fire rate
Steyr=In between
Minimi=Heavy support weapon

iLLskiLLs
November 26, 2004, 2:28 pm
The HK is not weak. Anyone on a smaller level can defeat an ak or minimi with the use of HK mp5....

Marine
November 26, 2004, 6:32 pm
I'm talking about individual shots. One bullet hit from an HK is WEAK. But the thing is, the fast fire rate really makes up for that, of course I can kill almost anyone with a good stream of HK..

Azalraku
November 26, 2004, 8:18 pm
personally, i like the minimi. it was the first weapon i got good with (one of 3) but your theory holds true. azalraku = noob
tis real fun to use as a semi-auto, though ;p

Azalraku
November 26, 2004, 8:26 pm
that [IMAGE]ing sniper-[quote]an inferior player can always be defeated by a better one, no matter the weapon of choice.

i hear that. i may be decent with the minimi, but lets face it, i'm getting my ass handed to me out there

iLLskiLLs
November 26, 2004, 8:42 pm
Sorry about my previous post urhos. Why? Because, I have been matched acouple of euro clans lately and yeah thats all they seem to use Minimi's and Ak's. Seems not to be that way with american clans.

Azalraku
November 26, 2004, 9:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by iLLskiLLsSorry about my previous post urhos. Why? Because, I have been matched acouple of euro clans lately and yeah thats all they seem to use Minimi's and Ak's. Seems not to be that way with american clans.

be that as it may, lets try not to subject them all to stereotypes (likes the idea of a united planet even thought he's american) ..Hypocracy..

ynnePmoT
November 30, 2004, 3:37 pm
Urhos.. in v1.1.5 & v1.2 you played with MP5 and Spas a lot..
Before that you were a barret user and had probs vs. autos..
then you used autos yourself.. now your anti auto again..
^^ make up your mind..
im a barretard/rugertard since i started, and yesh im proud of it :P

Urhos
November 30, 2004, 8:24 pm
I never used mp5 O.o
barret and spas we're my weapons ;Q

I had to use autos to compete with other autos, but i never liked it ;U

Spas for life <3

Zero Wiggles Murasame
December 1, 2004, 5:19 am
AK all the way.