( search forums )
error loading texture (was: help me pliz)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
carequinha
November 24, 2004, 5:07 pm
hi people, i installed soldat on the last week, but its dont work, problem says: "error loading texture: .....", so i have formatted my hard disk and re-installed windows xp with sp2 and directx 9.0c, the i look in ohther forum and marked this options on soldat setup:

* Em GRAPHICS:
BITRATE: 16
REFRESH RATE: HIGH
* Em PERFORMACE:
Particles on Screen: Even Less
Show Death Console.
* Em MORE
Troublesshooting: Video Compatibility
Backbuffer Count: 3
Texture Filters: None

so... nothing, same error, same problem... so i installed the driver of my video cards (sis 630/730 onboard) then restart my PC, and nothing, so i marked the option force software on MORE of setup... the game now start, i see the menu, the servers etc etc... but the game no, in the time of game the soldat stay black, only the sound of game, includding the bullets etc... in the apresentation of the game stay black...
somebody can help me?? pliz, what i have to do??? pliz pliz pliz, i need play soldat... bye bye...

PS: sorry for the english, portuguese (brazil) its all i know =D

Inquisitor
November 24, 2004, 5:45 pm
try to turn off antialiasing.
if you have an old ati graphics card, you might have to turn video compatibility off and blank screen fix ON.
dithering should also be turned off, bitrate can even be 32, i think.
i had the same problems with my old pc.
it had a ati rage ... card. try it out.

or maybe you dl a damaged file?

try to redownload soldat and reinstall it.

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 5:54 pm
Your english is very good, carequinha. Better than some of the native english speakers we have here.

Several people have had the same issue, carequinha.

Using Search, I was able to locate a few of the same topics.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18376

You've already updated your drivers, and you've tried turning all the options down, so that gets rid of those options.

I want to say that its a problem with Soldat, but you have an onboard video card, which is most likely the problem. You may not have enough RAM, in either your PC or for your card. All I can say that might help you, you've already done, so it's probably a problem with that.

Try playing Soldat with as few things running as possible, since this will help free up some resources, and hopefully that should let you play.

Try to use the Search function, since it will get you your answers quicker.

Teh Panda
November 24, 2004, 5:59 pm
Reinstall game?

SuperKill
November 25, 2004, 3:17 pm
did you try to reinstall it, or download it from a diffrent mirror ? (www.soldat.pl)

carequinha
November 25, 2004, 3:19 pm
well, i upgrade my video card drivers... reinstall the game, but ocourred the same problem...

so i will try to active the otpions (antialising), to try again... i still with 8mb ram in my video card, maybe if i set 16mb on BIOS, the soldat run... what do u think??

[]'s