( search forums )
Ammo Limit
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
.dragonfire
November 24, 2004, 5:09 pm
So I'm playing in a clanwar, and I see all three members of the other team using minimi the whole time. I randomly think, where does this ammo come from?!

Soldat should enable a way to limit the ammo for a weapon, making it unuseable when completely out. Say you start with 100 clips in each weapon. To get more ammo in a weapon, kill a player of the other team using the weapon.

Say I had 100 clips in every weapon.

Say I kill a barreter with Steyr. +1 to my team's available barret ammo. Though because I picked Steyr, when I die my team's available clips in Steyr goes down by 1.

This would help keep people from overusing weapons.

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 5:55 pm
Sounds like a new game-mode to me, and I like it.

Teh Panda
November 24, 2004, 6:01 pm
Hmm... That would make Soldat more complicated and tactical. Keep in mind: Soldat is simple.
BUT, i dont have nothing bad to say from this idea.

kkazican
November 24, 2004, 6:15 pm
Sounds pretty interesting. Could be fun to work with. Except for all the noobs on my team that try to mimic my uber ruger skills so my ruger ammo would run out fast :'(.

.dragonfire
November 24, 2004, 6:35 pm
Heheh, yeah, I would like to see my idea as a new game mode or something =)

Meandor
November 24, 2004, 6:37 pm
I hate when you say that, why the hell has soldat to be simple? ffs.

mipit
November 24, 2004, 6:39 pm
Noobs would be bad with this since in some lvls they se a gut anf fire and kill the guy but keep killing nothing else and when you canyt use the weapons thr pros are stuck with guns there not so good with

.dragonfire
November 24, 2004, 6:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by mipitNoobs would be bad with this since in some lvls they se a gut anf fire and kill the guy but keep killing nothing else and when you canyt use the weapons thr pros are stuck with guns there not so good with

Exactly..

DT
November 25, 2004, 12:14 am
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18899
lock and load

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 25, 2004, 1:10 am
no no DT, this is a completely different concept. Hes saying that this mode would have "Resources" sorta thing on the weapons.

For Example...

The game starts with each team having 50 team resource clips for each weapon

Player A on team 1 grabs a Barret and knife, both of these weapon clip go down by 1
Player B on team 2 grabs an AK and Socom, same thing happens

Player B kills Player A, Team 2 gets +1 Barret and +1 Knife Clips automatically.

This way, it would be rewarding to kill someone with a weaker weapon, because it would not benefit them much if they kill you, yet you'll get better clips if you kill.

Also, this would balence out the people using guns because the clips would run out very fast if everyone would keep using the same gun.

blackdevil0742
November 25, 2004, 9:17 am
i wouls like to have ammo limit

Will
November 25, 2004, 11:28 am
heh, i had this idea a while ago but never got round to posting.
what if it was in realistic mode. and there was a new ammo pickup and it adds say.... 2 clips to the weapon or something?

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 2:28 pm
i love the idea about a ammo limit, BUT, their should be a diff way to get the ammo yeah. i say it should be like cs, if you kill a guy with a deagle and your out of barret ammo you should be able to pick it up and so you get 7 shots for your empty barret because they are the same calibre. and you should have 3 clips so you can reload 3 times no more, i know i have a nasty habit of reloading asap after a gun fight and sometimes in between a gunfight :/ no wonder i die huh.and plus, whos to say this addition couldn't be in real mode or advanced and not dm or ctf.

Dathker
November 28, 2004, 6:13 am
quote:Originally posted by kkazicanSounds pretty interesting. Could be fun to work with. Except for all the noobs on my team that try to mimic my uber ruger skills so my ruger ammo would run out fast :'(.

LOL KKAZICAN

^^ thats me :)
but anyway i think its good so its less AK spammage so i don't get killed when im running away with the flag with 27%health

Marine
November 28, 2004, 6:53 am
This is sort of like on Wulfram.

But I had a similar idea: Each time you spawn, you get a certain amount of ammo for that gun. If you run low, you can reload back at base.

Something like that..

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 28, 2004, 9:38 am
I think it should not be "Clips", because some a-hole could just hate and start reloading the guns for no reason to dwindle your resources. But instead, it should be called "Backpacks" where theres all the ammo you need, but when you die, your team loses a backpack for your weapon.

I also think that there should be an option to NOT have a secondary or a primary if you're playing this mode.

Element_101
November 28, 2004, 10:05 am
This Is The Best Idea Ive Seen On These Forums For A Long Time!

I Love It, You 100% Have My Vote.

.dragonfire
November 28, 2004, 4:59 pm
^_^

Another way that you could regain ammo was instead of automatically getting it when you kill an enemy, you can pick up a "backpack" of it, and it would automatically go to your team's total.

DeMonIc
November 28, 2004, 5:54 pm
Interesting idea, but it needs to be worked on before we can feed it to big M himself :)

diediedie119
December 2, 2004, 9:17 pm
nice idea
i support 100% of the way
and lets say you want a barret but your team is running out of barret backpacks there should be an option that s says "no primary/secondary"

n00bface
December 2, 2004, 10:14 pm
Every inch of my penis represents a time that this has been suggested. I'm not one to brag or anything, but I'm at least 12 inches long. I don't like this suggestion..part of the fun in soldat is that there are no ammo limmitations so you are able to keep shooting until you die. By having ammo limmitations, soldat will become just like every other shooting game.

diediedie119
December 3, 2004, 1:00 am
n00bface you realy think your [IMAGE] is 12inches long?????
do u

BManx2000
December 3, 2004, 1:12 am
*feels stupidity emanating from above post*

Marine
December 3, 2004, 4:21 am
This would HAVE to be as a mode, not standard gameplay, if it was even implemeneted.

Jello
December 4, 2004, 6:28 am
Imagine this: you join a server and proceed to pwn with a certain gun, say Deagles for example.
Then EVERY jackass noob switches to Deagles too. Suddenly pow! No more ammo cause your idiot teammates have it all.
Now you have to use like...ruger or something...

OK it's kind of an isolated case, but it could be annoying. Not TOO bad of an idea though.

m00`
December 4, 2004, 6:48 am
you should start with full ammo when u spawn and the grenade boxes should also contain ammo

diediedie119
December 4, 2004, 9:24 am
i think there should be ammo boxes
and you and your enemy have an ammo box and when you go on the ammo box for 3 secs you start stealing ammo