( search forums )
A GOOD option
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 6:02 pm
I think that would be cool if you can make an ammo limit, (eg.: With DEagles, you have 7 bullets and 35 bullets in a bay. If you reload,
that bay loses 7 bullets and you have 28 bullets in that bay. BUT if you have 2 bullets and press reload the bay loses just 5 bullets.)
And you can pick up bullets to the bay. (eg.: If you have steyr aug, and 0 bullets, you pick up another steyr aug and you have +30 bullets)
And if you have no weapon and pick up a weapon eg.: Ruger, you have 4 bullets in the weapon, and 0 bullets in the bay.
Here is a list. (i made ;) )

Weapon | Bullets in bay

DEagles | 49
HK Mp5 | 300
Ak-74 | 280
Steyr Aug | 300
Spas-12 | 70
Ruger 77 | 60
M79 | 50
Barret M82A1 | 100
FN Minimi | 250
XM214 Minigun | 500
Socom | 60
Knife | Infinite
Chainsaw | Infinite
M72 LAW | 10

Is it a good idea?

Two screens:

In the menu:

[IMAGE]

In the game:

[IMAGE]

EDIT: I uploaded two screens

Sprocket
November 24, 2004, 6:25 pm
yea,, its a good idea.. atleast that's what i think.
btw this has been mentioned before..

bucky_brad
November 24, 2004, 7:02 pm
good idea but IMO I would much prefer it if you lose bullets if you reload with a half full clip. And I think it should be:

3(plus one to start with) clips for Autos.
2(+ a starting one) for mingun.
6(+ a starting one) for M79.
1(+ a starting one) for barret.
4(+) for deagles and ruger.
20 single bullets for spaz (+ starting bullets)

4(+) clips for socom
2(+) rockets for the law.

chainsaw limitless

=P.

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 7:32 pm
And the knife? :P

Mr Morfina
November 24, 2004, 7:45 pm
i like this idea !!
what about mp5 ? 5+1 ?

STEELIX
November 24, 2004, 9:26 pm
i dont like it... i've always likes soldat because it doesnt have limited ammunition.

Michal
November 24, 2004, 10:14 pm
I like this idea, but for realisms sake bullets should be lost when reloading a half full clip, since it would take really long to cram more bullets in the mag at every reload (in real life).

I would prefer it if it was in a "current clip|extra clips" format (except for spas). Because it would keep the space more compact and would tell how many full reloads left.

So if using the Minimi the display would show "43|3". 43 shots left in the current mag, 3 full mags left.

Limited ammo would add a more strategic element to the game. I really like limited ammo as a modifier.

EDIT: And I think ammo and magazine capacity should be restricted to how much a soldier could carry realisticly. It would be really hard for someone to hold 10 law missiles. I think 3-4 LAWs + 2-10 Primary mags would be good.

( oh, and nice screenshots ;) )

Alamo
November 24, 2004, 10:20 pm
If this should be implemented the amount of bullets given on spawn should really be thought over. It looks a bit random to me now. But apart from that... It's an ok idea I guess. It would mess up the simplicity a bit though. There are three possibilities to realize this (imho):
1. 'normal' shooter style. The amount of bullets reloaded is deducted from the total amount of bullets (e.g. Half Life, Half Life 2, etc.).
2. 'Rogue Spear' style. You carry clips around. When you reload, the half empty clip is put into the pocket, and a full clip is used to reload. Empty clips are dropped. If there are no full clips left, also half-empty clips are used.
3. Whenever you reload the clip is dropped and a new clip is used.

... Add yours ;) I'd prefer the first option, it's the closest to the shooter Soldat is.

Plus there's the problem with picking up ammunition. I think there should be like ammo boxes (universal ones). Picking up guns from other ppl is not a good idea imho. That would be unfair. Pick up an M79 and you have only one clip. Pick up a Minimi and you get 50 bullets. And you can kill a load of ppl with 50 bullets from the Minimi but only one with the M79 (in a normal case).

mipit
November 24, 2004, 10:51 pm
That would be good since sometimes noobs like to kill dead bodys with guns and wasting the ammo and watch there pitty efforts to kill some one who is afk.

DT
November 25, 2004, 12:13 am
good for a option...
/agree

Deleted User
November 25, 2004, 8:03 pm
quote:i dont like it... i've always likes soldat because it doesnt have limited ammunition.

It's an option steelix. You don't need to go to servers with it...

quote:( oh, and nice screenshots ;) )

:DDD

quote:Plus there's the problem with picking up ammunition. I think there should be like ammo boxes (universal ones). Picking up guns from other ppl is not a good idea imho. That would be unfair. Pick up an M79 and you have only one clip. Pick up a Minimi and you get 50 bullets. And you can kill a load of ppl with 50 bullets from the Minimi but only one with the M79 (in a normal case).

It's your point Alamo.

quote:That would be good since sometimes noobs like to kill dead bodys with guns and wasting the ammo and watch there pitty efforts to kill some one who is afk.

Really? ;)

Huhh... I can write just theese, coz I have lot of homework :)

Will
November 26, 2004, 8:57 am
better if it was on real mode or something.

DeMonIc
November 26, 2004, 9:52 am
Woah, I love this idea...but I fear it would be like realistic: everyone talks about it, but noone plays it =_=

Sprocket
November 26, 2004, 11:19 am
i think it should be in non- real mode too.

it would be great. there would be ammo creates several places on the map..

Aquarius
November 26, 2004, 11:28 am
I love the idea. This + realistic would rock.

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 2:31 pm
sprocket, i disagree, i like the idea about the ammo limit and it has been mentioned before aswell, but just like realistic mode it should be optional

damnnation
November 26, 2004, 3:31 pm
it would be good as an option for in realistic mode and you can also pic up clips for guns (that respawn at random places and maybe also an option ?:/)

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 6:02 pm
Why just in realistic?
It's another option.

die nadel
November 27, 2004, 9:33 am
how bout this:
a BAD idea

m00`
November 27, 2004, 10:04 am
I think this should be part of realistic mode, sicne there are way too many modes right now and hardly anyone uses them.

Anyho I agree with this idea, an I think grenade boxes shouldd restock full ammo..

DeMonIc
November 27, 2004, 10:23 am
Oh ffs, what's with everyone "This idea is a bit odd..I know REAL MODE!" This would be good if it is seperate from the other modes.>_< If you just implement it into real mode, noone would play it, 'voz it's too hard for them.

Caelestis
November 27, 2004, 1:02 pm
gay idea. soldat rocks coz of infinite ammo.
the only one i agree with is the barret,
but that should only start with 2 bullets and have a max of....

....2 bullets XD

Michal
November 27, 2004, 4:42 pm
I would want it as a modifier, like advance mode. Or maybe as a server option. But I would not want it only for realistic mode. I would want to play with limited ammo not just in realistic mode. I don't think every server would enable the ammo limit, so why are people whining that it's a bad idea? If someone prefers to play without an ammo limit simple, don't play in servers with it...

3rd_account
November 28, 2004, 4:34 am
Michal, maby because people think... it's a bad idea?
Some people also prefers to play with a cash system and have vehicles. Why aren't these in the game? Because they are bad ideas.

I hate this idea, but as long as you put this [IMAGE]e in realistic I won't give a rats ass.

DeMonIc
November 28, 2004, 10:17 am
Don't tuch real mode ffs.White Shadow even illustrated the best possible way of implementing this, as a mode.So read the first post, think, and THEN post.Morons =_=

diediedie119
December 4, 2004, 10:10 pm
READ THEN POST IDIOTS

Deleted User
December 4, 2004, 10:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by diediedie119READ THEN POST IDIOTS

DeMonIc said this... Why do you say this again with capslock to the next post?

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 8:50 pm
wo0t, wrecked diediedie, rofl. yeh i mean if it were up to me, i'd play with fall damage, ammo limit and recoil but it's not gunna happen for a while.

C0nker
December 17, 2004, 3:50 pm
Best. Suggestion. Ever.

Unlucky 13
December 18, 2004, 3:19 am
Not bad idea, but I like performance option rater than game options (Real and Advanced excepted). Still, this is a good idea, but when reloading a semi-used clip, maybe you keep it and use that as your last lot of ammo?

LumpyFerret
December 18, 2004, 5:00 am
i think its a good idea but whos going to implement it?

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 18, 2004, 5:06 am
i luv the idea, a bullet limiter is what (i think) soldat has been missing...
and the option is a good idea too coz then ppl who dont yke it cant whine on an on an on about bein 'true' to soldat so SHUT UP.

good idea, got ma vote!