( search forums )
server/lobby bug/suggjustion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Optik
November 24, 2004, 9:04 pm
hi today i experianced some weird stuff with my severs when i started them it said regging to lobby but never regged and every time it does that it sets a higher priority for the packets being sent to lobby than to the players and caused me a lot of CPs it didn't get regged for about 30 minutes no idea why and i tried 3 diff servers
i also noticed something else on a map change especially in the evenings there is usually one CP or two and i think it's the same problem that server is sending updated info about the map to the lobby but the lobby might have a high load or something can causes these CPs don't know for sure but i was wondering is there really a nessesity to have packets sent to the lobby on a higher priority ? i mean players use the server and that seems to be more important than info in the lobby .0001 seconds won't cahnge much in the lobby while in the server it could create some seriosu problems

anyways like i said i'm not sure about this problem but if it's true hopefully michal will look into it
btw i'm runing rh9 2.4ghz 512mb ram loads are under %1 and memory always around 300mb free so it's not my server causeing the probs

Dathker
November 28, 2004, 6:03 am
whats a reg? but welcome back optik

Optik
November 28, 2004, 6:33 pm
registering... lol