( search forums )
mouse problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Sneaky Bstard
November 24, 2004, 10:35 pm
well i did see hitmans thread but this is kinda different

i too got a new cordless optical mouse and the mouse naturally is very sensitive and my settings for my old mouse where 100% which was perfect but the new mouse moves far too fast on 100% so i set it to 80% but when its on 80 its kinda like u get permanent binks u cant aim for [IMAGE] and it feels very weird to move around with and the only way to get off this is to set it to 100% which is too fast,and i tried making it less sensitive outside of soldat and it works fine there but ingame its soldats own configurations,

Deleted User
November 24, 2004, 11:19 pm
Sounds like a DirectInput problem, I suppose.

You see, input devices, especially your mouse, operate at their own refresh rate, or a built-in clock-speed, of sorts. PS/2 Devices have the highest refresh rate and the most accurate, responsive clock-speed available. USB is a step down from that, operating at about half the speed and accuracy of a PS/2 device, and Wireless devices operate a considerable bit under USB, making (some) of them jumpy, inaccurate, and slow.

If you want the best aim hardware wise, I would go with an optical PS/2 mouse. Obviously, each different type has their own advantages and disadvantages.