( search forums )
Official GnR Soldat v 1.2.1 CTF Server
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
xWoLxShiver
November 25, 2004, 1:44 am
Hi there, just posting an announcement regarding our server.

It is running sctfl rules with the exception of ping kick, which has been set to 250
From Here On Out It Will Be Password Protected.
The Password: enzo
ip: 66.17.183.250
port: 44000

Please enjoy your stay. Please, under no conditions should you camp with the barret, as "faggotry" (go fab) is not tolerated, and will result in a kick on first and second offense, resulting in a ban for the third one. If an admin is in the game, the rules will be enforced.

My server was provided by Stride Hosting, you can speak with the owner on msn: jonas84000@yahoo.com(Optik of The Community) - great performance, great prices.

edit: changed the pw to enzo

Fangus Deef
November 25, 2004, 3:11 am
wrong thingus

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 25, 2004, 5:24 am
Hmm...you should take off all autos. I played in a no-autos clanwar and it was awesome...there was no minimi/ak/steyr/mp5/minigun spray. It was amazing. Probably one of the funnest matches I've ever played in.

Random note - I normally use AK.

Fangus Deef
November 25, 2004, 5:34 am
no. leave everything. even minigun. there is NO lag from it, it's a total [IMAGE]ing myth.

fabmanx
November 25, 2004, 6:31 am
Psylent, you guys dont realize that you can also fire randomly with those guns too. Ruger is by far the best gun to fire anywhere accross the map considering its reloading time and damage. Autos is what gives soldat its name...get used to it.

.dragonfire
November 25, 2004, 8:09 am
The server is lag-free and excellent. Thanks for having it hosted =D

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 25, 2004, 10:45 am
fabmanx - You can spray with the other guns...but it really isn't as effective and it isn't really a "spray". Clearly, I won't be able to convince you that it's more fun to play Soldat without autos, so I'll keep this brief. To be honest, I find it rather suprising that I'm actually arguing in favor removing autos from a server. I have always only been able to use autos. 1.05b til now I have basically only used AK. But seriously, try playing a game where all autos are disabled, I think you'll be suprised at the result. It's not that I'm complaining about autos, I'm just suggesting an alternative method of play that requires less in the field of spraying...and more in the field of making your shots count.

Also, I guess if you want it for SCTFL then you probably won't consider no autos anyways. Not to mention the fact that Wol uses AK...and claims that he is only good with AK -.- Meh. As I said...just a suggestion.

iLLskiLLs
November 25, 2004, 1:37 pm
Nah, that wont be happening Psyl3ntShad0w. Your peoples opinions @ c,n,s is fine. But, we prefer to play soldat, and not just a blatant ruger/desert eagle/m79/spaz/barrett fest. Although it might be fun sometimes. But, I still think ruger, or desert eagle's are better then any auto for most situations. Use any weapon accordingly and you guys should overcome your autophobia. I still fail to meet anyone who pwnz me consistenly with ak or minimi but yet I do know some people who sometimes kill me with ruger and when they capture my flag and I spawn I dont have a chance in the world because if that user of the ruger Aims his shots good enough he can kill me with 2 very fast ruger shots and I feel cheated.

EDIT: as for the topic Great Server Wol Shiver. But with 14 players and being full my ping jumps from 200-400 so i get ping kicked.. :( Care to move it to 500 So then its officially just like sctfl server rules >;]

palloco
November 25, 2004, 3:05 pm
Lets show
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=spray

To move in the form of a spray.
A fine jet of liquid discharged from a pressurized container.

The blast of an M79 spreads bullets in all directions, like an spray. Autos technically do not spray cuz they fire more less in the direction you point at.

xWoLxShiver
November 25, 2004, 10:27 pm
:-0 lol? ok well anyways, the server will generally be c tf, but i will be switching it around time to time. Ills, ive lowered it down to 12, and yes, i will fix that for you ;-)

DeafBox
November 27, 2004, 1:49 am
250.... hmmmmmm.... i wonder if i can stay under that :)

DeMonIc
November 28, 2004, 1:07 pm
And why is this server better than any other?
Does it have advanced mode?Real mode?Survival?Respawn times are different?Unique mapcycle?Anything?!

iLLskiLLs
November 28, 2004, 3:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcAnd why is this server better than any other?
Does it have advanced mode?Real mode?Survival?Respawn times are different?Unique mapcycle?Anything?!

Umm DeMonIc, I don't recall WolShiver saying his server was better then any other server. He's merely stating that he has a new server where people can gather.

BMF
November 28, 2004, 4:09 pm
DeMoNic is a douche, ahahha. Wolshiver is paying like 30 bucks a month so you could have a 24/7 server to play on.

LOL WTF!! WHATS DIFFERENT ABOUT THIS SERVER LOL!! I WANT BEER AND NAKED WOMEN LOL WTF!!!111 ONE ONE ONE WHY IS THIS SERVER DIFFERENT LOL OMG!!

liquidis x snake
November 28, 2004, 5:54 pm
I like pie.

DeMonIc
November 28, 2004, 5:57 pm
<_< I just stated that we already have 94534 servers that use the SCTFL default rules.

Marbire
November 29, 2004, 5:24 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc<_< I just stated that we already have 94534 servers that use the SCTFL default rules.

Actually...... I can think of like 2-3 American 100mbit servers that we can use for matches.

So....... you are wrong.