( search forums )
Two forum suggestions
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Deleted User
November 25, 2004, 2:00 am
I just had a few ideas and I thought they might be worth considering. So, without any further ado, here they be:

Forum Currency
Users on the forum could use their posts to buy certain things, such as changing their title, buying a rank, purchasing "weapons" or maybe we could even change the titles or ranks of others. The forum would still show a users total posts (240/400, for example). This would make thoughtful posts more worthwhile, since users who like to spam or post nonsense will get fined, losing posts/rank/title/etc.

Color Themes
Simple enough. User-selectable forum color themes. One for the title, one for the background.

Any thoughts?

Noobile
November 25, 2004, 3:33 am
1 uh....no, serves no purpose

2 hell the f0ok yeah, adn while they're at it, bring back the old forum setup, I liked it a helluvalot more than this...

Fangus Deef
November 25, 2004, 3:37 am
1. how about if i had enough money to you? no.
2. me likes. this place got ugly when i was out, and i think it deserves to be pink and black.

The Geologist
November 25, 2004, 6:12 am
I love the idea for the color themes..no need to explain that one. Good idea :). But the forum currency...I fail to see any need for this. And it'd be pretty damn annoying to have someone with a bunch of credits change my title or rank.

Fangus Deef
November 25, 2004, 7:14 am
'enough money to own you'

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 5:59 pm
Well, the currency was just off the top of my head.

As for the forum colors, I think it would be pretty simple to do. Just have the options in the profile page, maybe, and a script would load it up with the user preferences.

But, like I said, they're just my two cents worth. =P

Meandor
November 26, 2004, 9:08 pm
There is a nice board that has a money/weapon system hax, it's quite nice. It's called acmlm, but it's in beta and it can't be found for dl unless you're a friend of the dev..

BManx2000
November 26, 2004, 10:25 pm
Currency is a dumb system, it would just encourage spamming.

STEELIX
November 27, 2004, 6:52 pm
it would encourage spamming, that's true.. but it sounds like fun anyway.

palloco
November 27, 2004, 7:30 pm
That is not fun, there is already enough spam.

Drama
November 27, 2004, 8:50 pm
The meaning of forum is discussion, though id like to discuss in the colors i like so i support 2th idea

The Geologist
November 27, 2004, 9:26 pm
2nd idea...2nd. For god sakes people..1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and so on, and so forth..

DT
November 28, 2004, 9:07 am
leave it as the way it is... color is fine... be thankfuil its not pink

Alamo
November 28, 2004, 1:38 pm
The Geologist: Not everyone in here is from USA like you or a native speaker of english so please don't be a grammar nazi...

1. Sounds like fun but also has it's downsides as already explained by the others
2. Well, the title sort of has a color theme... the forum logo :) but i would like color themes, sounds very good!

Cookie.
December 6, 2004, 3:34 am
id like currency to change peoples titles :)

frogboy
December 6, 2004, 5:21 am
quote:Originally posted by AlamoThe Geologist: Not everyone in here is from USA like you or a native speaker of english so please don't be a grammar nazi...

Grammar nazis help people speak better English.

As for the ideas:
1. This would seem good if the currency was for thoughtful or useful posts, and not just all posts.

2. No problems with this. Great idea.

Deleted User
December 10, 2004, 9:27 am
For the currency, one could implement a user rating system, of sorts. Every post would have a rating assigned by the users who read it, on a scale from 1-5 or something. If users vote the post to be a good one (lets say, 4 or up), then they get a point or something.