( search forums )
SML+SoulSnipa, bad combination
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Elephant_Hunter
November 25, 2004, 9:29 am
I am afraid that after nearly a year of being part of the SML community, I must take my leave. Due to some conflicts between me and Soulsnipa, spanning multiple arguements during which I was bashed and threatened to be kicked, my pride in him as a leader is gone. Maybe after he has left I will come back, but right now I have better things to do than to be ridiculed.

Back in the early days of SML, Skeptik was part of the team. He was a PHP developer who wanted to volunteer to the community. I greeted him and talked about what needed to be done, but unlike myself Soul would not leave Skeptik alone and bashed him when he wasn't working. These practices caused Skeptik to leave. They were early signs that certainly should have been a warning to me.

FliesLikeABrick is the host of the Soldat Mappers League site. He is barraged by IMs from Soulsnipa to solve problems that Soul himself created. Problems that Soulsnipa claims take hours of time away from his studies. Even though Soul convienently placed both his and my name at the bottom of every page, a good third of the programming and work has been done by Flies.

This goes as a warning to anyone taking my position: If you are eager to work then Soul will be nice and may seem like a fun guy, but if you plan to take a short vacation or have any other priorities he will quickly show to be a nuisance and ignorant.

Because of the nature of my leavance I won't be participating in their forums or site starting promptly after this post... leaving no webmaster or admin to continue fixing the pages except Soul, so please reference all technical questions or ideas to him.

Fangus Deef
November 25, 2004, 10:07 am
some people are pricks some times. if i were you i'd just try to ignore him, or bring it up with what (if any) cohorts you might have left and have a discussion. but im not you, and i dont know. dont be too definite of it, cuz we all sometimes feel like going back to things ;)

SuperKill
November 25, 2004, 10:08 am
soul sounds like a nasty dude :O

Hercule Poirot
November 25, 2004, 1:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterI am afraid that after nearly a year of being part of the SML community, I must take my leave. Due to some conflicts between me and Soulsnipa, spanning multiple arguements during which I was bashed and threatened to be kicked, my pride in him as a leader is gone. Maybe after he has left I will come back, but right now I have better things to do than to be ridiculed.

Back in the early days of SML, Skeptik was part of the team. He was a PHP developer who wanted to volunteer to the community. I greeted him and talked about what needed to be done, but unlike myself Soul would not leave Skeptik alone and bashed him when he wasn't working. These practices caused Skeptik to leave. They early signs that certainly should have been a warning to me.

FliesLikeABrick is the host of the Soldat Mappers League site. He is barraged by IMs from Soulsnipa to solve problems that Soul himself created. Problems that Soulsnipa claims take hours of time away from his studies. Even though Soul convienently placed both his and my name at the bottom of every page, a good third of the programming and work has been done by Flies.

This goes as a warning to anyone taking my position: If you are eager to work then Soul will be nice and may seem like a fun guy, but if you plan to take a short vacation or have any other priorities he will quickly show to be a nuisance and ignorant.

Because of the nature of my leavance I won't be participating in their forums or site starting promptly after this post... leaving no webmaster or admin to continue fixing the pages except Soul, so please reference all technical questions or ideas to him.

like i said somewhere on forums "1 man mapping "team" is teh best" you don't have like any pressure for others saying when you finish map bla bla... and others dont interfere/argue with you when your making map just by alone and what's best that it's gonna be your map, your look, your style map that you want.. not like some guy who made scenerys which was not on those places you would like em to be in map or this guy which made waypoints and they was really suckie or that dude who was there just saying what goes where :/

sure it's fun at start but then it gets ugly -.-

FliesLikeABrick
November 25, 2004, 3:15 pm
I really thought SML had great potential, and I liked working on the site for the community, but soul did the same thing to me that he did to Elephant... constantly asking us to work on the site and, more recently, to fix the pages he keeps breaking. We have been talking (elephant hunter, skeptik and I), and if the time comes where Soul abandons SML for good, the three of us want to take over because we know we can do beter, and we know we can move SML to the top of the charts (so-to-speak).

n00bface
November 25, 2004, 3:52 pm
Just do the evil thing and boycott SML until he abandons it.

grand_diablo
November 25, 2004, 4:17 pm
I guess Soul is not an evil person, but in this case maybe too ambitious and too much convinced of himself.

I dunno how often you have talked with him about this issue (he will certainly read that topic), but you might give him another chance to start behaving differently towards the SML members.

The SML is a good idea, but the way he handled it recently (from what Ive heard, I rarely have contact with him, and Im more of a "lonely mapper" than a teamworker in this case, although I have no probs with helping out when needed) will not lead to a good end. Either he changes his attitude and gets another chance, or he leaves for good/makes himself a "normal" member and offers the lead to you. Everything else would make things worse, imho.

Btw. just my 2 cents, as someone who is not directly involved.

Droopy
November 25, 2004, 4:37 pm
I've been in SML from it's begining and am one of the 5 leaders(well.. not realy leaders. We just help run SML so Soul doesnt have to do ALL the work and we mod the forums).
Soul isn't a bad person or anything. The SML is getting innactive so maybe thats the reason for any arguments and agressions. I've talked with him a few days ago and he talked calm as usual.

Soul will never leave SML. For Christ sake what are you talking about! He invented SML and gathered the team. You cant possibly think he will leave becouse of an argument.

Elephant_Hunter
November 25, 2004, 4:59 pm
We invented SML.
We gathered a team.
We made the maps.
We brought it popularity.

SML was not supposed to be Soulsnipa. It was supposed to be a team of mappers who worked together, I remember this from the first post on the forums when I asked to design the website. Nothing is happening... no maps are being made, and Soul is shooting the dead corpse of what is left in the skull.

Do you remember when Soul told us all he was leaving? The time when he said he'd leave you and I in charge, Droopy? Well, after I redesigned the website and was working on a new layout... when folks started saying that it looked real nice, he decided to come back and call himself the leader. Thats like me giving you some cash to buy a new car, and just when you find a great deal I take it away from you!

I respect that you have such faith in Soul, but he doesn't make you work everyday and call you names. This was not just one arguement, but has been a reoccuring event that gets worse every time. I have already given him his chances and asked him to stop. There's only so many times I can turn a blind eye.

FliesLikeABrick
November 25, 2004, 5:45 pm
soul flat out told elephant the other day that he "hired" him to do work on the site. when i was working with SML, he would IM me every day asking me to work on certain pages, and expected it to always be a convenient time for me. In the past month or two, he would IM elephant and I complaining about how certain pages don't work, almost always because he was messing with the code and ended up breaking something. We are sick of sitting here listening to his demands and his complaints. He blames the inactivity of SML on the broken site, and blames the broken site on us because we don't fix our code that he breaks.

I have talked to him about this, and he wouldn't absorb any of it, he just kept saying that we were trying to take SML away from him. I told him that if he would let us work on our own schedules, and if he would stop [IMAGE]ing around with our code, then we would work with him again. I also said if he left SML we would revive it. Last night he IMed me and said that he is leaving SML in our command for 2 weeks, and he pretty much challenged me to get SML to release new stuff, because he thinks that I am intending to show him up. I wasn't even here to tell him i would do it, he just assumed that I wanted to. Should we all work together to release new material in these next 2 weeks, or should we let it sit?

In case none of you are aware, i know very very little about mapping, i was just part of SML to help get the site online and working with all of the map upload, download, and rating stuff. Elephant Hunter is responsible for a lot of the recent functionlity of the site.

Aquarius
November 25, 2004, 5:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hercule Poirotlike i said somewhere on forums "1 man mapping "team" is teh best" you don't have like any pressure for others saying when you finish map bla bla... and others dont interfere/argue with you when your making map just by alone and what's best that it's gonna be your map, your look, your style map that you want.. not like some guy who made scenerys which was not on those places you would like em to be in map or this guy which made waypoints and they was really suckie or that dude who was there just saying what goes where :/

sure it's fun at start but then it gets ugly -.-

I couldn't say it better...

FliesLikeABrick
November 25, 2004, 5:59 pm
i didn't value the prospect of a mapping team as much as i valued the site. It was a great map resource for sharing graphics, rating eachothers maps, commenting on eachothers maps etc etc.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 25, 2004, 6:14 pm
Thought I'd show some real proof....I've been keeping this for a few weeks

I didn't catch the starting part of it because I thought It wasn't important, but he started the convo with something along the lines of "Open a server", not even any proper greeting or even a question, just a command that I was supposed to do.

Soul: u better be joking
Lunerfox: joking about....?
Soul: Lunerfox: plus, you can't boss me around like that, sorry
Lunerfox: no, I wasn't joking about that, you live many miles away from me, and techially, I'm a freelance mapper
Soul: so u wanna be kicked from sml ur saying
Lunerfox: you changed man
Lunerfox: you used to be cool
Soul: lol?
Soul: me?
Soul: how
Soul: i dont think so
Lunerfox: well, people change, so w/e
Soul: i havent changed
Soul: idono what ur saying
Lunerfox: *shrugs*
Soul: lol
Soul: obviously u mean somehting
Lunerfox: I would mean something, but it means nothing if you deny it
Soul: what i cant deny what i dont know
Soul: i dont see u involved with sml anymore
Soul: just cuz i took a break doesnt mean i changed
Lunerfox: I'm busy with Schoolwork as of now
Soul: ur the one whos changed
Soul: well thats bs
Lunerfox: lets just say we both did
Soul: well this is a fair warning
Soul: be an asshole again and im kickin you from sml
Soul: its not like you do anything anymore anyway
Lunerfox: k
Lunerfox: depends though, I dunno if I'm mapping anymore anytime soon
Soul: i never said anything about u being involved
Soul: i said about u being a [IMAGE]wad
Lunerfox: oh come on
Lunerfox: you didn't even say hi or anything
Soul: and this is the first time u complain
Soul: so dont gimme that bs
Lunerfox: I only took it a few times doesn't mean I liked it
Soul: lol then u expect it to stop
Soul: ..meaning ur just telling me this nwo..
Lunerfox: I thought it'd be generally a common thing to say
Soul: why
Soul: its a given
Soul: online at least
Soul: no one says
Soul: hi
Soul: hi
Soul: how are u
Soul: how are u
Soul: good
Soul: great
Soul: dandy
Soul: at least i dont see that done anymore
Lunerfox: i wasn't expecting something like that
Soul: the only time i do that is the first time i say something to u
Soul: but w/e u cant understand that
Lunerfox: just a normal hi and a question instead of a command would be just fine for me
Soul: and ive had enough of ur complaining for a night..getting on my nerves
Soul: "hi"...there ya go...at least YOUR happy
Soulsigned off at 4:52:41 PM.
Soulsigned on at 4:53:14 PM.
Soulsigned off at 4:53:40 PM.

n00bface
November 25, 2004, 7:30 pm
If you guys are totally serious about wanting to take SML over...well, he gave you a 2 week opportunity, I say use that opportunity to become SML dictators and rip it out of his hands :P

The Geologist
November 25, 2004, 8:23 pm
Agreed. If things really are this way then something needs to change...either he needs to learn he's not a boss/employer, or you guys need to cut the ties that bind you or do something to claim the control you desire. Whether or not that is with the SML site is up to you. I'd hate to see all the hard work go to waste...I havn't been active on that site, but I definately check it out :) I'm interested in seeing what happens to the site in your absence, EH...take it easy for now.

Cookie.
November 25, 2004, 8:49 pm
"SML+SoulSnipa, bad combination"
Bah it took you that long to figure this out?

I always thought of the SML as the end to original maps.. working on maps as a team erghh
I have been doing the evil boycott thing ;) i will not download a map posted there or upload my own..

Soulsnipa
November 25, 2004, 9:05 pm
even tho u have uploaded one...silly goose.

Fangus Deef
November 25, 2004, 10:03 pm
judging from what these fellas say, yer bein quite a prick, soul. why not try explaining yourself?

Soulsnipa
November 25, 2004, 10:13 pm
Where to start...this will be long, and might not be too pretty, stick with me for all that are interested. Hopefully I dont exceed the bandwidth while uploading this huge 10gb post :P.

Overview:
I got very interested in making maps, and I got pretty lazy myself, taking so many hours of putting together a good map, it usually got boring. So to increase the excitement and the effiency I thought, why not create a group of mappers to help this process go along.
I needed flies help with a server to start, to host a site. I got that, and I was thankful for it. SML looked good early, posted on the forums with plenty of replies. Met some really good people, learned from them and SML was off to a good start. All we needed was a webpage. After a pretty decent delay, Elephant finally got it going and SML was looking good. The first layout I would say I worked on the most, creating the layout, css, all that junk. Elephant was there to guide me along, and made some important scripts and improved the layout. Flies was also a great help in the major php.
Then came layout 2, a revolution to the page. We added all types of new features, a forum, etc. There was even a point where flies said he wouldnt host the forums, but after I told him I it was fine and that I would move, he decided it was fine. Maybe he wants to see SML prosper, but maybe what he really wants is his name on that page in the credits section in big red letters.
During this time SML was looking good, in its prime, we were releasing great maps such as junglestrike, ionu, slime, dropdown that required great teamwork. (Yes they are all started by me, but it seemed I was the only one to get the team to work together (3+ members on one map)). Then SML came to a point where i was looking for more ideas on the sml site to improve SML.
I worked all that I could, and elephant was looking for stuff to do, so I gave him a list and one included a new layout. This was about the time school was starting up, and he created a new layout (very very cool) and made it default. It looked great, but I was hoping for it not to be the default especially while it was under development. I announce to the SML community that I will be stepping down as supervisor, and have a vote. Elephant gets nominated, along with droopy for the new spot. It was under my impression that if anything needed to happen, I should step in, since I WAS the founder and fix it. So weeks pass and the page is being worked on sooo slowly. I try to help, but the code is REALLY confusing. I can work on php, but only the basic type, so Elephant uses the excuse of why I dont help him anymore. Heh, Flies says for me NOT to work on page, Elephant does. Anyway, after a while I get fed up with the fact that the page is incomplete and worse then the previous in the fact that its 30% complete.
I find some time and I convert the page back to the old, add a feature to customize the page, and try working on all the bugs. I'm working around 5 hours a day, and elephant can get what I work on done in like 30 minutes. He works when he can, but I get frustrated when things dont work. Then he tells me he will not work on page until members start being active again. I introduce an activity check, to get everyone active. Still going on today, it looked promising and about 5-6 members came out of the waterworks. So I got what he wanted, but does he keep his side and work on the site? no. So I continue to bug him to try to get the site presentable, but he only is able to help me code the site by telling me how to fix something over aim. He never told me hes too busy to work on the site instead he ignores me. All of the bugs I cannot fix I leave for elephant, and everything else I try to do, going down a list of create/fix things that need to be done. I ask for flies help, he says he is too busy too and gets on my case for buggin him too much. He then goes to look at the site, and blames me for making all messy code, when it is expected when I'm the only one working on the site and im a mapper, not a coder, (I only learned PHP from flies around the start of SML page while these other two have been coding for a while.)
One Night after I'm extremely frustrated and need to start on schoolwork, I ask elephant to do something. I asked him a week before to do the same thing, but he still hadnt done it. Literally, would have taken him 5 minutes to do, just one line of code) but he refuses to open the ftp program and make the fix. Meanwhile I'm here for 4-5 hours coding and trying to get this feature to work and he can be a teamplayer and help me out. So i get pissed, say some nasty things that I regret, but it still doesnt deny the fact that hes not helping me. I'm here making maps, working on the site, doing everything to hold up my end of the job, while elephant cant hold up his end lately. So he gets his coalition (skeptik flies and ele) to try to take me down I guess, and heres what it has come to.

Wow, that was messy, but you get the idea, hopefully continue to read on please.

My analysis/ facts:
I created SML and I am the founder. No one else thought of it, and Elephant isn't even a mapper. How can even be saying that it is We. He has the right of saying We just as much as any other member does. Working on the webpage is just 1 of 9 or so jobs. There are people with 4 jobs who dont complain and call themselves the co-leaders. Yes he was voted supervisor because "I think elephant will be best because he does not work on maps or scenery. He is strictly programming sites and programs. I think he has a little more time to run and look over everything. " But that doesnt mean he can say my idea is now his, and that he is 50 50 with me. He may have gotten to 49%, but I always retained authority since I am the founder, and this was my idea. It may sound selfish, but theres no reason why you should be able to steal my idea and then say you created it.
Then to even say Skeptik can be part of this new team of 3 is beyond me. He recently aimed me with the most disgusting aim messages, even set the background to the SML site saying soul is gay with a naked picture of a guy. You really want somone leading SML that has that attitude. He deleted all the map database after 2 or 3 days, and blames me for pressuring him. I pressure everyone, that is just my way of getting the to work .
As Supervisor, it was my job from the getgo to get people to work and to be active. I did this for the community and I felt that it wasnt receieving the correct attention. When we werent getting attention I felt we needed something more, maybe this was a mistake of mine. So I pressured my members to meet to the community. This made SML corrupt, perhaps, and Is the community to blame again? I really do not want to say so, but perhaps that is the truth.
People have said blah blah blah ind maps are so much better, maybe if u were willing to change and not boycotting a site, you would learn something. Enjoyincubus, one of the greatest mapper names out there, was willing to conform to this idea, and join up with SML. I rmemeber him saying that he thought ind. maps were SO much better. This symbolizes that it is possible for this community, but some just do not want to follow through.
I cant believe it has come to this, really unexpected, we were going so well. Had some minor bumps such as skeptik, but it really was going well. I had a good friend in flies and we trusted each other, but its all gone down the drain. Now they want to try to beat me out of my own game. This is how I feel. And what about my members? Where are they to support me. I got one person, droopy whos on my side. One of the only true companions Ive had this whole time, who has understood my jokes and orders. He has called me his boss all this time, jokingly I tell him to stop, but he continues. Even though he sometimes is lazy and I bug him, he doesnt get a pissy fit and quit SML.

Responses:
---Actually his name is in the credits section. The LAYOUTS ...the visible parts are not done by Flies, he only creates the code which IS mentioned in the credits.

--Short vacation without telling us wahts going on...no communication=i get worried and think your still around and ignoring us.

---Shows how much he REALLY cares about SML, eh?
-----Post really makes me "sound like a nasty" dude, I'm glad he can do that, just to let you know I'm not trying to make anyone look nasty, just trying to defend my spot.

like i said somewhere on forums "1 man mapping "team" is teh best" you don't have like any pressure for others saying when you finish map bla bla... and others dont interfere/argue with you when your making map just by alone and what's best that it's gonna be your map, your look, your style map that you want.. not like some guy who made scenerys which was not on those places you would like em to be in map or this guy which made waypoints and they was really suckie or that dude who was there just saying what goes where :/
--you really need to come behind the scenes of SML, it has gotten done. More people=more people's opinions on how great a map is. You cannot say Junglestrike (the biggest SML project) wasnt a great hit and innovative map. Thanks Lunerfox for the idea, but it was me,droopy,lunerfox all working just as hard to release it.

I really thought SML had great potential, and I liked working on the site for the community, but soul did the same thing to me that he did to Elephant... constantly asking us to work on the site and, more recently, to fix the pages he keeps breaking. We have been talking (elephant hunter, skeptik and I), and if the time comes where Soul abandons SML for good, the three of us want to take over because we know we can do beter, and we know we can move SML to the top of the charts (so-to-speak).
--I did not keep breaking sites, it was elephant who overwrote the layout and deleted half of the usable site, not me. I try to fix things and make things better. My opinion on the second issue has already been or will be said later in this post. If you can do better, please try.

SML was not supposed to be Soulsnipa. It was supposed to be a team of mappers who worked together, I remember this from the first post on the forums when I asked to design the website. Nothing is happening... no maps are being made, and Soul is shooting the dead corpse of what is left in the skull.
--It was not supposed to be about me, but it was not supposed to be about you either. It was about us, as a group of mappers, working together. But you did not create it, I did. Originally you did not create the team, that was my job as supervisor. I told you what needed to be done, and it got done and we were successful. As soon as the trust was broken SML started to get worse. How can you say we arent working on anything. I have 7 maps I am working on and have recently released 4 maps or so. Thats a lot more then before, when i wasnt around. Rambo and others are back making maps. G_D is even making maps, even though he doesnt post them on SML

soul flat out told elephant the other day that he "hired" him to do work on the site. when i was working with SML, he would IM me every day asking me to work on certain pages, and expected it to always be a convenient time for me. In the past month or two, he would IM elephant and I complaining about how certain pages don't work, almost always because he was messing with the code and ended up breaking something. We are sick of sitting here listening to his demands and his complaints. He blames the inactivity of SML on the broken site, and blames the broken site on us because we don't fix our code that he breaks.
--I did "hire" all the members, you even put it in quotes. What else would you call it. I call myself the "supervisor" and there are "positions", if this isnt representing a business or something similar please let me know. In order for it to work i felt sml did need to resemble a real life business. People use this idea in guilds in rpgs and other games, not just on SML. Well if I IM you everyday, doesnt that mean something NEEDS to get done. If I remind you everyday maybe eventually it well get done. Ignoring me will not make the situation any better. Without a good looking site and fully functional...from which the community even said they NEEDED (look at soaps quote below), I do feel one of SML's major reasons of inactivity was the site. That is how I felt at least, and I am the one who is involved the most.

I have talked to him about this, and he wouldn't absorb any of it, he just kept saying that we were trying to take SML away from him. I told him that if he would let us work on our own schedules, and if he would stop ing around with our code, then we would work with him again. I also said if he left SML we would revive it. Last night he IMed me and said that he is leaving SML in our command for 2 weeks, and he pretty much challenged me to get SML to release new stuff, because he thinks that I am intending to show him up. I wasn't even here to tell him i would do it, he just assumed that I wanted to. Should we all work together to release new material in these next 2 weeks, or should we let it sit?
---Show me up please. If you wanna be so much better, start brand new. Try to do everything I did, and try to accomplish more than I did. Of course you will probably put up custom map servers which will be your biggest advantage, but I can expect that. What can I do, when its not physcially possible for me to do that. Obviously you guys have "time" that you tell me you dont have if your willing to revive SML, and do it within two weeks. Hah if I have to give up my job for SML to prosper then so be it.

In case none of you are aware, i know very very little about mapping, i was just part of SML to help get the site online and working with all of the map upload, download, and rating stuff. Elephant Hunter is responsible for a lot of the recent functionlity of the site.
---one of the few true things said. Kinda iffy last sentence, but I guess I can see where you are coming from. Even though lately I have been working harder than ever before to try to get it working again

to lunerfox: im sorry for what i said, we all make mistakes, i shouldnt have acted that way. I just felt that I did it before, and u never let me know it was bothering you that it was OK. Just like elephant dont let me know i think its ok.

I know I made some mistakes in this post, so go ahead and point them out and make yourself look so much better than me. I know it will come.
--And then theres the fact that once you see this, you wont respond to prove me wrong either way.

Accomplishments:
Made the league, got members, got a good website, very good website.
Made 14+ different projects some being great hits.
Dropdown got into rotation, created by SoulSnipa(idea) and Boxo (Map) and Freeze? (waypoints)
Ctf_Maya made by one of our members, although he didnt participate much, G_D
Pushed me along with others to create more maps.
Got a Sticky on Forums!
Saw a bunch of interest, up to 20 members, etc.
Proved that the "ind maps suck" idea is wrong, blew it out of the water.
Much more.

I'd really like to see somone do better then I did. All the work I put into SML, just for the comminuty. I'm not sure if I can even COMPARE myself to the SoldatHQ creator(heh sorry forgot ur name, as people will forget mine) but I feel just like he did. Let down by the community and most of his own team. I think I did a pretty damn good job. I really like to see somone else show me up, just so custom maps make it into soldat and BIG time.

For my last hurrah, I would really like to challange ANYONE to create a map individually and prove to me why they are so much better. Meanwhile SML will match your map, creating a better one, and make another on top of it. Creating 2 better maps in the same amount of time. This is to maybe help out the future of SML or whatever it will be called...to really prove how much better comunity maps are. (members please turn off your inactivity and work with me one last time)

Resources:
http://speedball.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=13689&whichpage=1

Soap once said....
"Just a word of advice,
The Soldat Mappers Guild a few years back wasn't even half the size of what you are planning on, and it was ridiculously difficult to keep under control, so try your best to manage everyone. Make sure you have an attractive, no bull[:-censored] website that you update frequently as well."

-- Maybe I should have listened, or maybe I LISTENED too much. Maybe I shouldnt have been so harsh to try to keep control of my members.

If you notice the very first thread and earlier parts of the second, elephant and them were very cooperative and didnt really express themselves. Once he got settled in he felt that all his work needed some credit, and I guess he didnt know what he was getting himself into. So now he wants to rebel and take my idea away from me, is that fair?

How can 3 people, with very little to no mapping experience head a website that involves anything to do with mapping.
--May I add that skeptik quit soldat and doesnt want to be involved in it...or at least thats what he said.

I created this for the community, and without the community to back me up theres no point in having it up anyway. And from the replies and the direction of this thread, no one seems to enjoy what I have done for them. That is fine, but that just means I will have to give up. If you dont appreciate what I do, then theres no need for me to stay around any longer.

Ive tried to be involved with the community, and have fun myself. Thats all I can do, and if thats too little or too much, I am sorry.

Ok after an hour or so of creating this post it has come to and end. I have probably forgot to add some stuff, but that is to be expected. You see the general jist of what I think.

Last words: I am no longer involved with SML. I see that this WILL improve SML or whatever it will soon be called. Although i do not think the "big 3" are worthy of it, the community sure thinks so. Thats what you have to go by for it to be anything worthy. Any members that were a part of SML...you can move to the new SML (i wont be a jackass and say dont join the new one it sucks blah blah dont support it) but just keep in mind SML was my idea and the body of this post and my argument. Maybe you support me, maybe you dont, maybe you see ALL the work i put into it, maybe you just wanna make maps...im putting it in your hands. To clear it up, I am no longer affiliated in SML in any way and will not rejoin as long as it heads in the same direction. Will I continue to make maps? Yes I will, but I will not contribute to them to the new site, but I will let the old ones stay. Although since they should create a new site, I will not reupload. I will use my good friends such as Freeze Droopy Meth Rambo and a few others ( i will contact you) to help me along with some maps, but that will be the extent to my team maps. Another new Individual Mapper has now joined the community :).

Fangus Deef
November 25, 2004, 10:20 pm
hmmm...... soul, that appears like the ramblings of an arrogant loser. sorry, but you need to get over yourself. soldat isnt the only thing out there either...

Soulsnipa
November 25, 2004, 10:28 pm
if thats what you think, I can see why. Its also words of a beatdown soldier no longer wanting to go on any further. If you cant appreciate what I have done, and the truth of it, then theres no need to stay around. That IS why I am seeking to go elsewhere. I'm not the one to make a sobbing post and suck it all up and admit all my mistakes and humble myself to the others. Thats just not me. I made mistakes, we all did, but we needed to work through them and we didnt.

BMF
November 25, 2004, 10:57 pm
sounds like Soul is one power hungry mofo

whats the deal with new maps anyway.. We already have like 5. Cant we use b2b or something?

grand_diablo
November 25, 2004, 10:58 pm
Errh, I dunno who removed it, but I think the site should have stayed. Im a bit shocked to see the "SML has come to an end. Click Here for info. Its fate now rests in the Big Three." text on the former SML homepage now. If Elephant etc. were ment to take it over, why remove the site? o.O

Soulsnipa
November 25, 2004, 11:03 pm
They think they can do a better job then I can.
Let them try.
I left the 1 layout which Elephant thinks is so good. Let him restore it and show the community what they are made of.
Sorry, I am being an ass this way, but I am pretty pissed.

You can call me power hungry, but its supposed to be for a good cause. If you dont enjoy maps then theres no need to make that comment, you bad mo-fo. :P If SML was the only thing you felt that you were able to contribute, and the community threw it back in your face, and didnt appreciate it, you would probably have the same reaction.

grand_diablo
November 25, 2004, 11:07 pm
Nah, SML is still for the community, and according to your uber-long posting it was meant to be like that. So you should maybe leave more behind than just one design (Note: I dont know what is included into this design, if it also contains necessary scripts etc.).
But as I guess that they worked on the other designs too, you might leave more behind.
Just my 2 cents... again ;)

Hunter
November 25, 2004, 11:09 pm
Jeez...I think I have to go with Soul on this one, he just wanted the best map site for the public, he was thinking of the public when he wanted the site to be fixed...dont just flame him for what he did, at least he apoligized to people that he got pissed at...I think that took will power to commit to a mistake that he made....an I bet now I'm gonna get flamed too because I'm siding with him....well do what you must, I dont care....Lone Wolf out.

n00bface
November 25, 2004, 11:37 pm
You sound pretty damn power hungry to me. But I also think skeptik sounds like an uber-[IMAGE]. I know that Elephant would do a better job if he took it over, he seems more active in the community too. Same goes for Flies. Don't complain about your members not supporting you, it seems to me like you've been a major asshat to just about everyone you have made contact with :O

Hunter, it is true that he was thinking of the public, but he wasn't thinking of the team behind it (so I think..). Let me try and make an example. Okay, so it's 1820, some white slave master wants to make 60 cotton drapes to hang over a shed for a christmas presentation. Yay, the neighborhood gets an awesome christmas presentation since he donated 60 cotton drapes, but let's not forget he had 10 slaves working for nothing 18 hours a day.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 25, 2004, 11:43 pm
A little extreme and senitive there Noobface, but yeah, I agree, we shall see how SML comes to when Elephant takes over.

The Revolution has began...

As for me, I shall start mapping again for SML, but I would not ask any of the members to help me. I would, however, help them if they need it, if it is convenient.

Skate4Razors
November 25, 2004, 11:54 pm
I'm with you all the way Lunerfox. I havn't been in SML since the beginning, but I would like to stay! I can't really help on the site and stuff, but I promise I will make a lot more maps, and advertise the NEW SML. I think we can be better than ever... Talk to me on MSN when you get a chance. :)

Soul: I have nothing against you. I havn't really talked to you much anymore, but ALL of the SML members are really innactive. I think SML was rightfully yours, and I guess... I guess we'll keep it up... It was nice to be in the team with you, and everything else...

Soulsnipa
November 25, 2004, 11:57 pm
noobface you didnt give two [IMAGE]s no matter what went down behind the scenes. I never once saw you on SML page actively posting so how can your input about SML be considered. If you cared about our site and its future, then I might consider your opinion credible, but since all of a sudden you want to flame me because what other people say, then thats not necessarily fair either. And life isnt usually fair but we are basing SML on fairness...obviously you need to keep it into conseration yourself when bashing me, if you want to bash me for carrying it out.

And maybe it doesnt appear i wasnt thinking about the team, but this is not true. As I said in my post, the mappers agreed to join. joining meant that you would be working with others...making your mapping experience more fun. Therefore you get to do what you want to do, it gets done fast, you enjoy it, and so does the community.

Of course if you wanna say i was running them like slaves...that might be truth in some way. But look at how you guys run your clans...you train them and call for practices. You require them to be there on time etc...thats what akai did, they were active and they were a great clan. Being inactive...requires action and thats where this symbolism of slaves steps in apparently to you. There was never once that the members couldnt quit SML, unlike slaves they werent bound to their master. If they no longer wanted to be "controlled" as you think they were, then they could have quit my league a long time ago, and I would have been fine with it. But when they go to the boards and flame me and make themselves look so much bigger then me, then of course I will have to defend my position.

Soulsnipa
November 26, 2004, 12:07 am
Soul: I have nothing against you. I havn't really talked to you much anymore, but ALL of the SML members are really innactive. I think SML was rightfully yours, and I guess... I guess we'll keep it up... It was nice to be in the team with you, and everything else...

And was I not trying to make people become active with features such as "Active Test". I was trying, and in my post I even stated that 5-6 members already showed that they were busy making maps. Those who were respodning were about to receieve their first warning.

And skate you were one of the few active members i felt. But I remember elephant telling me when he used the excuse no one was active. "Only members active are Lunerfox, Droopy, You. Skate is just a young kid that likes to post, he aint really making maps." Something along those lines. This is what really made me introduce the active test, along with the question post a map u are making, just so you can prove you were working on a map. There are little things like this that I do, that you people dont know about, to try to help you.

n00bface
November 26, 2004, 12:23 am
Well, because I don't post doesn't mean I don't visit the site. In fact, I was required to since nearly every new map was on the SML site. I even browsed it looking for old nice maps. It was a nice project, but you're right in 1 thing -- I don't give a crap about SMLs future. I was in Akai for a short period of time when it started out, and spike didn't train members like slaves. Every single member was in a conversation when we picked our practice times. And even less strict is c'n's, we aren't even a formal clan. Our leader doesn't send us out whenever it's appropriate for him and not us. In fact, he doesn't even make all the decisions, just the final decision. Every single member has an input in everything. If just one of us disagrees on something, then it won't happen. The way I see SML is you make all the decisions and leave little room for other input. You don't even take into account other people's timeschedule. I said I don't give a crap about SMLs future, but that doesn't change the fact that it would be better run by another person/people :)

quote:"Only members active are Lunerfox, Droopy, You. Skate is just a young kid that likes to post, he aint really making maps."
I see you are trying to make Elephant look bad there, which you did...but, that quote clearly shows Lunerfox as being an active member. So with that AIM convo he posted above, it proves to me that you're riding the people that truly do care for SML like frikkin horses. With your attitude towards the members, SML was doomed to fail.

FliesLikeABrick
November 26, 2004, 12:25 am
i have always respected soulsnipa for his originality, and that is why i supported his DC and SML sites and him learning PHP. He has grown into a power hungry teenager and deleted the SML site as a challenge to us. I have changed the passwords to the FTP and SQL servers to disallow him from making any further changes to the community site, and i have revived the SML site from a backup I have from only a couple hours ago, so the SML site is restored to exactly how it was before he deleted it. Soul, I do believe that this thread deems you ousted from SML in the even that this is not already a declaration of your disaffiliation with SML. Thank you for creating SML, it is a valuable resource, be it a true mappers league or juts the ultimate mappers online resource.
I do believe I can correctly say that SML now lies in the hands of myself, Elephant Hunter, and Skeptik. If anyone is interested in aiding in the revival of SML, pelase post in the SML sticky in the mapping forum.

Thank you for your support guys,
-Brick

n00bface
November 26, 2004, 12:27 am
one, two, three strikes and you're out of the oooooold baaalllll gaaaamee... ahh that was a good 2 hours.

Soulsnipa
November 26, 2004, 12:35 am
lol like i didnt see that happen, doesnt change the fact of whats really happening. I figured flies would restore it.

I like the fact that you resort to the fact of calling me a power hungry person, trying to avoid the real facts that I really am not. Back it up with facts, and maybe I will be enlightened.

Anyway noobface there are 5 inner circle members that were in control of major decisions. You dont know anything about this however, but why should I continue, you are right.

One thing, you said you can do better? Then dont use my ideas, if you wanna be bitches and say that im such a power hungry person, then cut off my power and make SML in every way non related to me. Thats what I did, giving you the layout which I hadnt touched at all. SML will live with my name as long as you use the current layouts and features. I wanna be a [IMAGE] and now say you cant use it because I copyrighted it...dont let me sue you, haha jk.

FliesLikeABrick
November 26, 2004, 12:42 am
Outcome:
SoulSnipa has been ousted under the pretense that he is a power hungry leader, and not what SML needs. The fact that he attempted to delete the SML site and remove this resource from the community is what finally pushed me over the edge.

From when he first started working on his DC site i always supported him, and never spoke against his ideas. The fact that he could never have these same considerations for my schedule in working on his site is extremely immature, and leading by force does not work.

look forward to more happy days of SML

I intend to leave credit on the site for everything that is SoulSnipa's creative property, and it has never been my intent to steal this from him nor oust him, but as this thread clearly shows, the community agrees.

LazehBoi
November 26, 2004, 1:16 am
... Well this is pretty lame.

N1nj@
November 26, 2004, 1:21 am
This is exactly the same thing that happen to SCTFL, lol!

BMF
November 26, 2004, 1:26 am
You ruined SCTFL Ninja

FliesLikeABrick
November 26, 2004, 1:33 am
I don't want the responsibility of SML, I am not going to lie. Just the fact that SML deleted the site and I restored it for the sake of the community. Does anyone have any better ideas?

N1nj@
November 26, 2004, 2:04 am
quote:Originally posted by BMFYou ruined SCTFL Ninja
What did I do and when?

BMF
November 26, 2004, 2:08 am
come on man, we had a beautiful league, and you [IMAGE]ing ruined it

and i am still paying for the web site every month, because i am too lazy to call them and cancel. Its just bull[IMAGE]

N1nj@
November 26, 2004, 2:24 am
I know it was a beautiful league, what did I do that ruined it? I couldn't run it no more, so I handed it off to someone else who can. :S

Surfpup
November 26, 2004, 3:35 am
wow.. thats ashame... if i ever start something, i dont think i'll ever put it in someone else's hands. I'll gladly help with SML in anyway i can, although i dont think there's much i can do...

Soulsnipa
November 26, 2004, 4:10 am
I didnt delete the site, I deleted two of the layouts. All you need to do was restore the index which said <?PHP include("template.php") ?> and it woulda been fine, yet now you wanna steal what I made without my permission. I dont give you permission to work off of my work. You can work off of elephants work, which is all in layout 1. You said you could make SML better than me, so lets see it. Yes i am being a [IMAGE] but this is ridiculous.

Skate4Razors
November 26, 2004, 4:13 am
quote:Originally posted by SoulsnipaSoul: I have nothing against you. I havn't really talked to you much anymore, but ALL of the SML members are really innactive. I think SML was rightfully yours, and I guess... I guess we'll keep it up... It was nice to be in the team with you, and everything else...

And was I not trying to make people become active with features such as "Active Test". I was trying, and in my post I even stated that 5-6 members already showed that they were busy making maps. Those who were respodning were about to receieve their first warning.

And skate you were one of the few active members i felt. But I remember elephant telling me when he used the excuse no one was active. "Only members active are Lunerfox, Droopy, You. Skate is just a young kid that likes to post, he aint really making maps." Something along those lines. This is what really made me introduce the active test, along with the question post a map u are making, just so you can prove you were working on a map. There are little things like this that I do, that you people dont know about, to try to help you.

I may just be a young kid, but then is everyone else a young kid? I mean I would ask everyone for help on my maps and knowone would respond and things. I may be a young kid, but Atleast I cared about SML. Also, I have really crappy grades, so my Mom is giving me less time on the comp... I also know I didn't release maps very often, almost never actually. But I did have atleast 10 maps in our members maps section. All of the maps got deleted though... So I kind of got screwed... Well, whatever really... :/

Soulsnipa
November 26, 2004, 4:21 am
Skate, i was willing to help you out with ur grades if u needed it, i told you that already, ur just never on im anymore.

tntnik
November 26, 2004, 4:23 am
wow..
ummm...
i dont know which side here is right and which side is wrong, i dont know soul that well, but i know flies (well mayb not much, but more than soul:)) now, he wouldnt say anything like that for nothing.
my suggestion is: clear your mind of everything and think of this, do u want to make maps, do u want a place to upload and share the maps, do u want a place to talk about maps, do u want a place for asking help with your maps? thats all u need to think about for now
if u DO want everything i just said, then SML is the greatest place for that, and for the sake of that place you need to sacrafise somethings, like ur time and energy; but of coarse not to that extent where making maps is all u do in life.
u ppl need to get over ur arguments, cuz its just silly what ur doing now
stop f***ing acusing people of things
SML is about teamwork, and if u cant do that, then dont join it

Rambo_6
November 26, 2004, 4:26 am
I enjoyed working with SML, and I don't find Soul to be that bad. At times, yes, he may have annoyed me by prompting me to become more active, and yes I am at fault for being so inactive. i think SML had some real potential, now it seems to be falling apart.

I wouldn't really call Soul powerhungry, just overly ambitious, which is in some cases bad. But it's also good. when he pesters me (sorry soul :p) I actually get more done!

Anyways, Soul didn't mean much by what he did. He really just wants a good mapping site where members can share ideas and projects. It;s just, nothing happened. a shame too, such a good idea.

I'm still churning out maps, although at a slower rate, and now since SML seems to be down, i need somewhere to post it and ask for feedback. Unless SML comes back, I'm gonna have to use llama's site.

I don't want this to seem like i hate one or the other (actually, this whole argument is lame). I just think that some people are overreacting, and others being a tad prejudiced. Soul's a good guy for bringing up SML, and at the begginning it was a cool thing. I hope it won't fully deteriorate.

There. i've said what i must.

Soulsnipa
November 26, 2004, 4:28 am
tnt that was very well said...i have to say that, good man.

Elephant_Hunter
November 26, 2004, 5:46 am
Judas screamed, "This is my body!"... all the while tearing at his own skin. The two nurses chatting beside the door quickly rushed inside and subdued him. It was not the first time this had happened, in fact several days earlier he had taken the shards of his living room window to carve out his intestines.

Soul once asked me why he would ever vandalize SML. He told me it was his creation.
Now he talks like Judas.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 26, 2004, 6:07 am
Okay guys, lets stop this petty war, we've overthrown the leader, we've got what we wanted, and stirring up emotions isn't gonna do anything more except stir up more anger for each other.

Tomorrow is a whole new day, and I look forward to how the big three would do.

Soulsnipa
November 26, 2004, 6:10 am
I'm curious to see which members actually are staying, if not all.

Hercule Poirot
November 26, 2004, 6:39 am
"Dropdown got into rotation, created by SoulSnipa(idea) and Boxo (Map) and Freeze? (waypoints)"

ok now i now which ones to blame :)

Soulsnipa
November 26, 2004, 8:09 am
lol? what about maya. and you can blame michal for adding such a good map, even though it really wasnt the greatest one. to be honest i knew it looked familiar..took me about 2 weeks to realize it was my idea in soldat rotation lol.

Hercule Poirot
November 26, 2004, 8:56 am
rofl..

i mean dropdown sucks big time with flag bug that you can cap points from down and spikey polygons on middle that you get accidentally stucked when your running to enemy base or back with flag

crashed seems kinda gay too put i have played that map only like 5mins... but hey no one has it on rotation (at least on those servers i go) :Q

chernobyl is ok only thing that needs changes is tunnel it should have some kinda blocks/collision in there

equinox is ok but those pikes should be change becouse it's really hard to get flag from there

maya?? meh likeh...

but on otherhand Michal choosed those maps... 3/5 maps isin't so bad sure if those 2 maps gets updated my opinion might change

Cookie.
November 26, 2004, 11:11 pm
Oh soulsnipa is indeed power hungry... Ctf_Maya is great.. Dropdown= suck

I think you should start the SML ovver again making it a bit less complex more simple... dunno
If it is Soulsnipa's layout just dont use it...not that it was that good in the first place ;)

Soulsnipa
November 26, 2004, 11:12 pm
wes i kick ur ass in showdown any day, u got no room to talk lol

Cookie.
November 27, 2004, 5:50 am
What kind of showdown? ^__^

Soulsnipa
November 27, 2004, 5:58 am
u know which one ;)

Cookie.
November 27, 2004, 6:19 am
A MAPMAKING DUEL? or a pistol duel? with the deagles and we take 10 steps and then fire O_O lol

Soulsnipa
November 27, 2004, 6:24 am
solitare showdown idiot...lol! but ill do a mapmaking one ..mono y mono

Cookie.
November 27, 2004, 7:00 am
:O SOLITAIR SHOWDOWN K ^__^
add riverbelow@gmail.com to your msn

palloco
November 27, 2004, 11:17 am
OMG, dudes, get a life. You saw that soldat leagues suffered a lot of troubles, even when all soldaters can play there and they had lot of support. How could you believe that a mapper league could be so active? There are few people making maps, and they do it for fun and when they have time. Dont blame the community, blame yourselves for living only for soldat.
PS: I wonder how much time did invested Soulsnipa in his first post... then I wonder how much time had you invested in this game.

Soulsnipa
November 27, 2004, 9:05 pm
plenty more then a lot of people, but i dont play soldat at all really.

Droopy
November 27, 2004, 11:37 pm
I'm staying in SML.

But not becouse of any of this. For the maps and community. I met some realy good people there and we had a lot of fun spaming the forums... I MEAN mapping!

Please(this goes to all SML members), understand that I'm neutral on this but I think it not a good idea taking the idea from Soul. Also! It's not realy fair to the members. But I'll play along and will make maps.

Peace Soul! Keep in touch man.
Elephant! You better not screw this up.

tntnik
November 27, 2004, 11:41 pm
with u on that one droopy

Famine
November 28, 2004, 2:22 am
amazing...this much [IMAGE] over an internet community.

Droopy
November 28, 2004, 9:36 am
I didnt quite get that. What did you mean Famine?

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 28, 2004, 9:47 am
Yeah, if this was real life, this sort of politics would've had us launching nukes all over the place by now.

But yeah, I just heard from the big guys that NAM (SoulSnipa's new team name, New Age Mappers) is no longer being used, they have neogatated and have came to a compromise, think they'll explain in detail tomorrow

FliesLikeABrick
November 28, 2004, 10:18 pm
k, this hot topic has come to an end, please see the conclusion at SML+NAM--> Soldat Mappers Coalition

Droopy
November 29, 2004, 12:25 pm
A happeh ending. HURRAY FOR JESUS!

Soulsnipa
November 15, 2005, 9:35 am
I forgot about this post. Just interested, for all those people who said they would advertise the new SML. Are you still willing to visit sml even if i recreated the site. I wont bother working on it if people dont enjoy it.

Deleted User
November 15, 2005, 12:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipaeven tho u have uploaded one...silly goose.

[CENSORED] I COPY RIGHT SILLY GOOSE!!!!@@121111212

FliesLikeABrick
November 15, 2005, 1:13 pm
soul, don't revive old threads

Soulsnipa
November 15, 2005, 2:36 pm
it was brought up by elephant hunter in another post. He wanted everyone to see it, not me.

Cookie.
November 15, 2005, 5:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipait was brought up by elephant hunter in another post. He wanted everyone to see it, not me.

He might have linked to it but your the one that revived it >:|

Kazuki
November 16, 2005, 12:21 am
I'm not sure if I should lock this or not. :O I'm leaning towards the yes.

... So I will. Protest if you don't like it. :P