( search forums )
Rapid, burst and single shoots.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Sprocket
November 25, 2004, 12:04 pm
this should be a option in real mode.
when you press "shift" , you change fire modes.
that would be cool in real mode..don't you think?

LazehBoi
November 25, 2004, 12:11 pm
Erm, I don't get it... People don't play realistic mode, yet everyone is for making it worse with ideas? I don't like this idea... Doesn't seem useful.

Sprocket
November 25, 2004, 12:35 pm
hell, its useful.
it improves the presission.

Hercule Poirot
November 25, 2004, 12:52 pm
there was this kinda topic like 6months ago maybe more :Q

mipit
November 25, 2004, 12:55 pm
ok... few shots but a better hit or more shots with less dammage... i perfer single. it kills that guy faster

Will
November 25, 2004, 1:29 pm
what a crap idea.

didnt you think some people may use shift to jump?

DeMonIc
November 25, 2004, 1:48 pm
Sprocket, don't even try to bug with real mode.
It's dead.

IDF-RIPsta
November 25, 2004, 2:13 pm
I find it sad that many modes are not played in Soldat.
I don't care much for the realistic mode, but I am very fond of TDM and Advance(d) Mode (not entirely correct English).

I've been playing the latter for a while and once I do manage to find its deficiencies, I will open a topic that will, hopefully, provide largely accepted guidelines to improve the game mode.

Why doesn't anybody open a TDM league?

Other game modes could also make Soldat a richer game, that's why I took some time to think of two:
Tug-of-War
----------
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18796

DodgeBall
---------
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18847

If you like them, please show your support and help make the game more diverse. You don't have to necessarily support my suggestions, but please show more enthusiasm towards other game modes.

Sprocket
November 25, 2004, 2:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcSprocket, don't even try to bug with real mode.
It's dead.

it is??
well, i'll give the real mode up then..

Toumaz
November 25, 2004, 2:27 pm
Yes it is. Too bad.

Noobile
November 25, 2004, 3:23 pm
You know....you could always try using a little more control with the mouse button, there is absolutely no need to program in extranious code in the game. Learn to control the amount of pressure your finger depresses on the mouse button, and you'll have single/3round/and full auto.

Alamo
November 25, 2004, 4:27 pm
lol Noobile... I was about to say the same thing while reading through the thread... but thanks for expressing my thoughts :)

DT
November 26, 2004, 1:36 am
deagles shooting one at a time...

BMF
November 26, 2004, 1:50 am
i use shift for nades

Will
November 26, 2004, 8:56 am
i never play on Real mode anymore.

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 2:16 pm
real mode rocks, just cos people dont play it as much as ctf or dm doesn't mean that it's dead, tweak it a bit and it'll be fine, i like that whole idea on Auto and Semi Auto mode that would kick ass, i play realistic mode all the time and i have got like 10 people playing once, and im sure if my internet wasn't so crap i would of had like 60 people playing, and also the m249 should get a stand if this suggestion becomes real, that would rock, just go prone and stick the stand up

diediedie119
December 8, 2004, 9:03 pm
yeah sprocket(n00b) control your fingers

Marine
December 8, 2004, 10:53 pm
It would be useless in normal mode, since you really need to empty your clip into someone just to kill them.

In realisitc, though, theres recoil. It's an interesting concept that would help a bit, but I'm not sure, like noobile said, its possible to control your finger pressure how you fire. Just not holding your finger down.

Anyway, I think it's cool, I mean if you don't like it, don't use it...

Realistic ROCKS. Period.

DT
December 8, 2004, 11:51 pm
quote: Posted - 26 Nov 2004

how did this get revived...
I THOUGHT THE ANSWER WAS "NO YOU SUCK"

Toni_Cicerelli
December 9, 2004, 12:43 pm
Personaly I think its a good idea but one that detracts from the simplicity of soldat.

On the subject of real mode being dead... Doctor 150V! CLEAR! *zap* damn nothing, tri it again. This time lets use 300V CLEAR! *ZAP*. We gota pulse, its weak but its there.

kkazican
December 9, 2004, 4:38 pm
Have you guys that use shift for nades or jump ever consider going into change button layout and change the button for the change weapons to something like c? That is the beuty customizing shift to greande or jump in the first place. You can do it with any other buttons.

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 6:42 pm
i dont use shift for my controls at all. here are my control settings
fire: left click
fly: right click
crouch: control
prone: z
grenade: e
reload: r
swap weapon: q
drop weapon: g
chat: y
team chat: u
and you should be able to change the weapon mode function so IF you do use shift for anything (god help you) you can change it to suit your needs, like to right click or something else, or maybe tab