( search forums )
Upgrade the m79
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Judge_Man
November 25, 2004, 10:42 pm

Yo peeps, i hope i am not the only one but i think that the m79 is under-powered in 1.2.1.(the bink effect+ ak-74 and minimi,etc) So, i thought about upgrading it. Now, i dont want all of you to go like: " Shut the **** up noob, weapons are good as they are -- Leave the weapons alone, blablabla" just give constructive comments please. ( and im not a noob, just first post)

so here is the new m79:
- A 3 nades clip
- Reload time btw the nades is faster than the normal one ( like 1 to 1,5 sec faster)
-After 3 nades shot, there is the normal reload or maybe a bit longer

So, what you think about that?

mipit
November 25, 2004, 10:54 pm
I would like that pretty much since i always use the m79 and so do you i can see.

grand_diablo
November 25, 2004, 11:09 pm
nah, just un-bink it and slightly increase its reload instead, and itll be fine again.

_Mancer_
November 25, 2004, 11:19 pm
Bink? What is bink. Oh and a 3 clip is a baaad idea. id say speed up reloading time by a second.

BManx2000
November 26, 2004, 12:16 am
Bink = inaccuracy when shot.

Judge_Man
November 26, 2004, 12:22 am
Hmmmm, at least some of you want it to be upgraded but not as much as i say . Mancer, reducing the reload by one sec all the time would make it really more powerful than what i suggest. Cause i said: 3 nade clip with -1 sec reloading time between each, and after you empty your clip, there a longer reload time like +1 sec from the normal.

So making it at -1 sec reloading time always, would be just insane

DT
November 26, 2004, 1:26 am
they kill in one shot and if your near the explosion you take damage... isn't that ENOUGH!

Judge_Man
November 26, 2004, 3:02 am
No, because now in 1.2.1, if you miss, you are REALLY dead *cough*over-used Ak*cough* which is a bit uber powerful with a minimum aim. In 1.2.0 you missed (less) and you had more chances to survive

The Geologist
November 26, 2004, 4:32 am
1) Practice more so you don't miss.
2) Get good with your secondary.
3) Repeat as needed.
4) If above three options fail, try a new gun and repeat.

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 6:02 am
Well, I think its a good idea, it not like it will even make it much better, only equal to the new version.

Swarmer
November 26, 2004, 6:26 am
-1 second is waaay to much. maybe -.5 seconds or -.3

Sewer
November 26, 2004, 6:38 am
Just decrease loading time to near-0 so it's like a stream of m79 grenade shots everywhere you aim. that would be awesome.

Sewer
November 26, 2004, 6:39 am
No actually i mostly agree with Geologist. People need to practice with pistol if they use 1-shotters, and if they use multiple-shotters, use a one-shot 2ndary like knife and law.

that fuking sniper
November 26, 2004, 7:31 am
If anything, I'd say that the bink needs to be removed from the M79. I dont know what in the hell was the logic behind having the M79 binked anyway, its not a Barret with long range that can take out most weapons without getting hit, you actually have to get close, to an extent , in order to get a shot in. I'd have it removed if it was up to me. But the 3-nade clip thing - are you crazy? Or can you just not use the gun at all? Because if you can use the M79 the way its supposed to be used (leading the enemy to you and avoiding their shots to have some peace when reloading, then coming out and shooting, repeating the cycle), then you wont need 3 nades in a magazine. That idea will make the M79 the most overpowered weapon in the game. Its one of the easiest weapons to aim (for me) and having the ability to fire 3 sequencial shots without even reloading makes it look like a very good bonus you might get accross the game, but not a standard weapon. I'm fine as it is with just 1 nade per magazine, as it always was.

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 8:13 am
Well, did you even read any of the posts? Its not gonna be rapid fire m79, it would be three rounds with -.5 second of normal reload then a full reload of a second more then normal. That would only increase the reload by .5 altogether, not over powered equaled. I think this would be great.

IDF-RIPsta
November 26, 2004, 8:39 am
The weapons are as close to the original as possible.
The M79 is a one bullet weapon, hence having a clip for it is not acceptable.

The only thing I understand from this post is that some people, who are relatively new at the game, consider changing the weapon attributes instead of practicing more.

I, on the countrary, suggest to make all weapons harder to use. That way we will actually be able to differentiate between good players and the common abusers...

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 8:45 am
Heh, new my ball sack, but that is true m79 doesnt use a clip in real life. Maybe we should just reduse laod time a little or take bink off, i still like the clip idea tho.

Will
November 26, 2004, 8:53 am
" Shut the **** up noob, weapons are good as they are -- Leave the weapons alone, blablabla "

Aquarius
November 26, 2004, 9:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Man
Yo peeps, i hope i am not the only one but i think that the m79 is under-powered in 1.2.1
You want to spoil M79, not to improve it.
M79 in 1.2 was overused by n00bs, now it's 1337 weapon again.
Like I said before, it should be harder because of its coolnes (jumping, big boom and arc).
Honestly I think that it should be nerfed even more.

Practice.

m00`
November 26, 2004, 9:15 am
The m79 is fine as it is ;/

DeMonIc
November 26, 2004, 9:50 am
I'm with m00.It takes time to get used to the new weapons, but learn to use 1 thing, that will make all of your opponents go :QQQQQQQ: Dodge.

Sprocket
November 26, 2004, 11:08 am
i don't think that the m79 can get better than it is now...

FliesLikeABrick
November 26, 2004, 11:32 am
i don't think the m79 should be changed

Jaz
November 26, 2004, 1:57 pm
Some truly stupid people trying to keep the m79 the way it is. No chance cos it sucks at the moment. Remove it's bink and reduce reload by say, 0.7 secs. No I don't want 3 bllets at a time, that'd be gay. Soldat would = m79 wars. Just remove its bink and give slightly less reload time. Also keep bink on some weps like barret and ruger I think ;z. Just my opinion.

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 2:12 pm
yeh i reckon the M79 is full of crap, i mean its just a barret with tonnes of weight, increase the m79's reload speed by like 4 seconds or something or decrease its damage

Jaz
November 26, 2004, 2:16 pm
Lol wtf? That would make it worse. Do what I said Orrrr only remove its bink and reduce auto powah. By giving them less power and less bullets and longer reload...

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 4:11 pm
well said sprocket, if you cant aim the m79, find another gun to "improve" while were at it make it full auto and have a 200 round belt with no recoil, no reload, and no shot delay on realistic mode, and explosions as big as nukes i like that m79, infact it should become a teleporter device aswell :P ah im so sarcastic

DeMonIc
November 26, 2004, 4:46 pm
Everyone keeps saying "oooh, improve this weapon, coz MM is evul and made it hard to use, I'm speakin for the community, nyah nyah..btw it's my fav weapon"
Just learn to live with it.The M79 was given bink because it was the 2nd most commonly used weapon in 1.2.0, and if only the barrett gets binked, the M79 would dominate everything.

mipit
November 26, 2004, 5:44 pm
The m79 was binked since it was 2nd most commonly weapon. ist the barret 1st? why not bink it?

Jaz
November 26, 2004, 5:45 pm
i believe it shouldn't have bink. [IMAGE] messing with its reload...thats me just wanting mad powah ;\. Just remove m79 bink and weaken autos slightly. To bring back the balance.

DeMonIc
November 26, 2004, 5:55 pm
Surprie Jaz, that would mean everyone would use M79 because it ain't binked and kills with 1 shot!
mipit, the barrett is binked too :/ Every weapon is, but because binkness goes away after you shoot, it doesn't effect autos much >:|

Jaz
November 26, 2004, 5:58 pm
Remove bink to everything apart from: deagles, ruger, barret. 2 and 1 hit kill weps. Just with m79 you allways kill urself when ur beside walls etc and u cant face an auoter like u could in 1.0.5 which was the best version. in fact. [IMAGE] bink, bink sucks.

Judge_Man
November 26, 2004, 6:22 pm

Dammit, did i said i can't aim with m79?? NO! ive been playing for 2 years and i think i have my part of practice with m79. It's just that with the new improvements in 1.2.1 m79 is underpowered facing autos. I also DIDNT said it would shoot 3 nades back to back without reload (READ people READ). Anyway, if the 3 nades clip with slightly faster reload is "omfg too uber powerful Geez go m79 wars" for you then just un-bink and reduce reload time.

Some of you really fear changes its insane

Marine
November 26, 2004, 6:27 pm
Y'all get way to into this. The guns are fine.

Deleted User
November 26, 2004, 6:37 pm
Anything can be the best weapon when used properly, bitching about the weapons means your too crap to take it as it is.

Get used to the weapons and practice.

Jaz
November 26, 2004, 6:41 pm
Lmao talk about something you know about. Leave discussions you have no knowledge about.