( search forums )
(Nevermind, used Search...) Single Player Missions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SirPike
November 26, 2004, 2:39 am
Ok, this is a complete step away from what Soldat is to a lot of people, therefore this might be seen as 'contravertial' as such. Please bear with me.

The idea is to introduce a simple waypoint script for the AI, and a simple scripting language for the editor to allow missions (i.e.: blow up this crate, shoot this guy, get to this point, etc...)

The purpose? More fun and entertainment. Imagine co-op missions where 3 players have to attack a fort, take out a main bad guy boss then reach the helicopter on the roof to escape. Then start them off with nothing but pistols and have them pick up stuff along the way.

It's a complete step away from the fast frantic world of Soldat, but it adds another layer to the game and also gives it a little depth.

Just a thought :)

papasurf31
November 26, 2004, 2:46 am
BEEN SUGGESTED 1/0 TIMES EBFORE.

SirPike
November 26, 2004, 2:49 am
Arse, so it has. I suck at teh searching :(

Jap_man
November 26, 2004, 7:48 am
there are single player maps, but i guess that's the closest we'll get to single player missions.

Will
November 26, 2004, 8:54 am
heh, i made some back in 1.0.5b, i think i will make some new ones.

Krieg
November 26, 2004, 2:23 pm
i think you've got a really good idea there, i mean you get all sorts of noobs that cant even fire a gun infront of them let alone kill somebody with one, also some people have the worst reaction time even on 0-30 ping, if i can kill somebody with a mp5, i think thats says you suck find another game. plus a co-operative mode would be good aswell, think of this as training so you can get used to a gun before you go into the field, no use sending rookies into the fray