( search forums )
Jailbreak gameplay for Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Dr.Feelgood
November 26, 2004, 9:05 pm
Soldat already got those basic things like ctf, deathmatch, teamplay and so on, but soldat doesn't got the ultimate gameplay. Jailbreak.
Jailbreak is ctf based game were red and blue are against each other, but when you get killed, you end up in jail. You can escape from the jail only when youre teammate presses a button when the jail door opens. When theres a team with all players in jail, they will be executed and the other gots one point.

peemonkey
November 26, 2004, 9:09 pm
i like this one. it wouldnt take much code either...

Dr.Feelgood
November 26, 2004, 9:23 pm
yeah, but Soldat is still young. Version 1.2.2 is still coming.

ddzNappy84
November 26, 2004, 9:26 pm
Hmmmm.... Sounds fun :D Good idea! :D

Fangus Deef
November 26, 2004, 9:40 pm
it's years old.

karmazon
November 26, 2004, 10:18 pm
I'd love to see that mode.

Belier13
November 26, 2004, 10:24 pm
Yeah it would be great , nice idea

m00`
November 26, 2004, 10:26 pm
Yeh this mode would be really cool. The button you press on should eb a thing popping out from the ground and you could easily make it by settign a spawn point for it in map maker. and a spawn point for jail. The problem would be opening the jail when pressing the button.

Me and a few aussies made a game called Hunters Vs Marines a while go, it was exactly like this except Marine could use socom while hunters use knives. And the marines could capture the hunters if they say G (stands for give-up) the would usually od this when they lose their knife. And then team mates would have to go and rescue them. This map was played on ctf_forestbase2 :D

mipit
November 27, 2004, 1:02 am
That would be fun since you would good evading skills and not sniping skills.

DT
November 27, 2004, 4:40 am
/support %102
the only way to get points is when all teammates are in the cell but it could drag on..

die nadel
November 27, 2004, 9:16 am
good idea sounds fun :D

Dr.Feelgood
November 29, 2004, 2:33 pm
Yeah i've been thinking this too. The opening door would be major time and code eater, but after that, it would be quite cool game. I NOW IT'S OLD, but so is deathmatch and ctf, but those are still in Soldat.

DT
November 29, 2004, 4:08 pm
When someone dies thier respawn frezzes and when someone pushs the button you respawn ( that side only)

Dr.Feelgood
November 29, 2004, 6:13 pm
Tricky question, eventhough you're english is bit hard to understand. You will always respawn, after death, to the oppositing sides jail!
It's sad if you'll still waiting for the respawn while the jail doors are open, but thats life.
Is this a answer to your question DT?

DT
November 29, 2004, 7:42 pm
sorta... i was thinking the jaildoor stays open when you stay at the button or something...

Dr.Feelgood
November 30, 2004, 1:46 pm
hmm. That would be even better. You would have to stay on the butoon adn wait until everyone have gotten out from the jail. One press would be too easy cos' then you could run after you have pressed the button.

vegkl
December 1, 2004, 3:34 pm
Hmmmm thats nice, BUT what uf noone presses tha button? You have to stay in jail till map changes...

Dr.Feelgood
December 1, 2004, 4:38 pm
Once u have to stay in the jail, u wanna survive and free others from jail OR stop playing the whole thing...
Eventhough, if someone is tha good that he can survive without get killed against the whole oppositing team, he must that good that he could just go and prees the button.

Marine
December 2, 2004, 5:07 am
Unfortunantely, people could abuse it, as they do with survivial, leaving the server then reentering.

However, excellent idea. Perhaps when you hit the "button" your teamates disappear from the cage and end up back in their base with the weapons menu, while you remain there.

zyxstand
December 2, 2004, 5:55 am
i reall like this idea! but then a camper can screw up the whole opposing team with his cheap being. But w.e i think that the easiest way to do the button thingy is just having like that glowy caolor (like they ahve for the flags and rambo) around something on the wall and when u touch it you rescue ur team. Thought it might get a little boring if your in jail for half the game! But maybe you can have a spoon when you're in jail and spoon your way out of jail and escape (lol jp)

This idea is really good! also you people should check out this awesome idea as well: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=17425
i suggested this a long while ago but it's still a good idea kinda similar to this

Will
December 2, 2004, 9:02 am
this was suggested back in 1.0.5b, didnt get in then, prolly wont get in now either.

ynnePmoT
December 2, 2004, 11:14 am
another silly idea. end.

Dr.Feelgood
December 2, 2004, 11:53 am
I now that the waitning could be very [IMAGE]ty, when there is a camper. Many Jailbreak mods has the ability to escape from Jail. In Soldat it could easily be maked, by doing very low tunnels that leads out from the jail. Still to escape from the jail, you must go prone and make youre way out from the long tunnel OR you can wait the time when someone presses the button.

DT
December 2, 2004, 3:31 pm
throw a gernade at them then... oh wait then thats not good... mabye they teleport back to base when they escape?
we don't want this to be like a camping mode...

Dr.Feelgood
December 2, 2004, 5:45 pm
Yeps. No camping. Just addictive, fast, agile and lethal gaming. It's better to spawn on youre home base, cos if there would be a door, you could immdeiately get killed after you have been rescued and then you would just have to wait again.

Dr.Feelgood
December 2, 2004, 9:23 pm
OK. I have been explaining and talking on my own topic a lot, but only because i wanna hear what YOU (soldat player) think about this and whats wrong and how this mod could be done or what good does it have and what can you add to it. WRITE LOUSY TALKERS!

Dr.Feelgood
December 4, 2004, 5:31 pm
Does this idea got any changes at all to be a new game type to soldat. The new version is coming after christmas (or something like that), and this topic has been quite quiet. Although people have read it like 300-times and im very thankful, but i wanna see people talking about this. (Crap-ideas get ten times more replys, c'mon thats not fair.) For godsake say something!

Marine
December 4, 2004, 5:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTthrow a gernade at them then... oh wait then thats not good... mabye they teleport back to base when they escape?
we don't want this to be like a camping mode...

Yea, like I said, when you go to the button to free them, they get teleported to your teams spawnpoint, with the weapon menu up, and sort of get to start over.

Campers should be a very small problem....

If theres no flag and your goal is to capture other team, its very similar to survival mode..

Dr.Feelgood
December 5, 2004, 12:51 pm
But thats how the name comes...as i said earlier, u can escape from the jail. And like in other Soldat maps, its just a certain area, exept in ctf, there are BASES for youre own team. Many other Jailbreak mods those bases are castles, bunkers, what ever, but the point is that it ain't the same as survival. Team-mates are much more valuable and good players make diffirences, like 1vs6 would be in normal survival mode quite clear whose gonna win, but 1vs6 in jailbreak would be diffirent thing. The 1 guy could just run to the button and free the other players wich makes the game much more interesting...defending and freeing mates would be great part of the game, instead of 24/7 killing without a point.

ddzNappy84
December 5, 2004, 2:07 pm
Feelgood, use the edit button. Don't Quadruple post... Besides now this idea is just getting stupid.... :-\

diediedie119
December 7, 2004, 4:59 am
ddzNappy84 you r stupid
and its a good idea keep it up

hypno
December 29, 2004, 3:59 am
i love that idear
are you going to make it?
coz if you are tell me when
plz

hypno
December 29, 2004, 4:03 am
you could have 2 red spawn places 1 in jail and the other not and the pepol that are not in jail have to save the others.
i dont kno if it will work but give it a try

Vijchtidoodah
December 29, 2004, 4:35 am
Hypno, how many times must we tell you not to double post?

Anyway, I'm glad this idea was revived because I really liked it in the first place.

zambo_the_clown
December 31, 2004, 8:16 pm
the walls of the jail would close in and squash them with lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of BLOOD!!!

_Mancer_
December 31, 2004, 8:19 pm
Yeah uh, stop spamming you [IMAGE]s.

Sapphire
January 1, 2005, 1:11 am
jeah this jailbreak mode would be ic veryvery good idea

i remember a few jears ago we played something like this in RL in a big garden with 5-6 guys per team
ok it was without killing & weapons ;) but it was much fun

in soldat it would be [IMAGE]in mutch fun ^^

Captain Ben
January 3, 2005, 11:42 am
woodnt it be easier if one of the other player woulg just have to get a key (like a flag?) and take it to a certain area?
then KAPOW! a door opens or all the teammates appear outside of the cell.

Deleted User
January 3, 2005, 5:09 pm
I likeh the idea! ;)

And i have some ideas for jailbreak:

1, If you want to push the button what opens the jails door, you must throw your weapon and punch one to it.

2, The prisoners haven't got weapons

3, In one "button push", you can free only 1 prisoner, and you could choose it.
eg.: There are 3 prisoners: mr.X, mr.Y and mr.Z. at the bottom-left corner, appears a menu with their names, with a number next to thier names, and with a random button with a 0 next to it. (This menu looks like the vote menu)
1 mr.X
2 mr.Y
3 mr.Z
0 random
If you press 2, mr.Y will free, but if you press 0, the pc randomly frees a person.

4, when you press the button, you must wait 1-2 seconds holding push to appear the menu.

Element_101
January 4, 2005, 12:19 am
I remember ages ago when this was suggested and got really bad feedback, guess the community is matureing.

diediedie119
January 19, 2005, 12:07 am
element 101 its maturing and most people like the idea because it's different
then
quote:
24/7 killing without a point

Solidarnosc
January 20, 2005, 5:41 am
There is a pretty easy way to solve the problem of people waiting in jail. Have a number of people in the jail. You give the attacking team a certain amount of "soldiers" or lives, say 50. These pretty much count as lives. For a player on the attacking team to respawn after being killed, they must use up a life, and the only way to get more lives is to free the people in the jail. This would probably work the best with a jail for each team and the losing team being the one that runs out of lives first. Obviously there should be a limit to the speed that people can be freed from the jails. It would also be good to make it necessary to lead the unarmed (or armed if you give them a weapon) escapees back to the attackers base.

Liquid Metal
January 22, 2005, 2:05 am
There should be a secound option for escaping from jail. LIke crawl out of a low tunnel or something like that for ppl who don't like 2 wait.

Dr.Feelgood
February 1, 2005, 8:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dr.FeelgoodMany Jailbreak mods has the ability to escape from Jail. In Soldat it could easily be maked, by doing very low tunnels that leads out from the jail. Still to escape from the jail, you must go prone and make youre way out from the long tunnel OR you can wait the time when someone presses the button.

Thats what i said, Liquid Metal...

diediedie119
February 6, 2005, 7:54 am
liquid metal u cant list en can u????

MakroX
February 9, 2005, 2:01 am
wuts the point to crawl to escape to evade waiting..? sounds boring but fun if blue kills crawling red babys :P

Captain Ben
February 9, 2005, 6:28 am
quote:Originally posted by MakroXwuts the point to crawl to escape to evade waiting..? sounds boring but fun if blue kills crawling red babys :P

i completely back that ;)

Darksider
February 9, 2005, 2:38 pm
Deja Vu.

This was posted by ME a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...
Though I would really love to see it in Soldat.