( search forums )
Interested in SMG
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
liquidis x snake
January 17, 2003, 1:12 am
Hmmm, the Soldat MG seems really cool and im really interested in joining. But then i read the requirements and saw the part about "bots". Honestly, SMGers, i suck at waypointing. horribly. terrible. piece of sheet. my maps have slight bugs in them, but thats only if you try hard enough... i was wondering... even with my lack of waypointing, would you guys give mercy? lol. screens of my maps are scattered throughout this forum. thanks guys
- liquidis x snake

Flanagan
January 17, 2003, 3:31 am
Well, we would look more favourably upon you if you could show us a desire in learning to bot well.

Also, you would have to be more active, because our members seem to have a habit of dieing after addmitance. :)

Email ASrc for help in Botting.

liquidis x snake
January 17, 2003, 4:40 am
indeed.

Piglet
January 18, 2003, 8:28 am
i truly think bot waypointing is a hugely important part of mapping and shouldnt be overlooked, especially as its not too hard to learn

Darac
January 18, 2003, 11:10 am
yeah.... i think arcwolf and i could live with out some more ppl asking to bot maps. :)

M
January 22, 2003, 7:21 pm
Liquid try my How to make waypoints for soldat tutorial (find it in my web site) i think it will help you a little.

Darac
January 22, 2003, 8:54 pm
there is a forum somewhere too isnt there? arcwolf did some huge post on it.

liquidis x snake
January 23, 2003, 1:07 am
ill look into both of them, thanks

BHedL
January 26, 2003, 11:07 am
I want to join too! :D

Darac
January 26, 2003, 12:51 pm
ummm bhedl... i havnt seen one of your maps.... infact, iv never seen you before... so if you wanna join you have to prove to us that you can map, by making one. unless you can find another way of getting in... flanagan, dont you want a web master for the site?

liquidis x snake
January 26, 2003, 5:50 pm
darac, looking at my maps (and the questionable playability)... would i be a contender for SMG? (given that i attempt to learn how to bot)

Darac
January 26, 2003, 9:01 pm
well its not all my choice but.... some maps i see of yours are good and some maybe arnt "bad" but not quite good anough to get my vote in with those maps that arnt good it would be the botting that would let you in if it was perfect, but because im not taking that into acount...

so id say taking that you cant bot, its pritty 50 50
if you could bot well NOW then it would be more 80 20
but because you willing to learn then... maybe its about 65 35
:)

BHedL
January 27, 2003, 1:08 am
Pal, I snagged second place in the mapping contest. And I've got TWO whole other maps besides that one!

Darac
January 27, 2003, 6:38 am
ohhhhhhhhh, island wars? yeah that is a good map. ask flanagan and arcwolf, also where can i get your other maps?

Flanagan
January 27, 2003, 8:02 pm
No, He got second with CTF_Seige. Killa Gorilla got third with Island Wars.

Those are pretty good statistics on the probabiity of acceptance Darac !

Darac
January 27, 2003, 9:05 pm
some of his maps are good...
he just cant bot.

BHedL
January 28, 2003, 12:00 am
Who, what? Anyway, you can see the other two maps I've made at my website... www.geocities.com/bungle1000000

Click on the Maps link in the header... :)

Darac
January 28, 2003, 12:26 am
i personally dont think your maps are good anough to get you in BHedL

liquidis x snake
January 28, 2003, 12:35 am
hey darac, i was wondering, which of my maps do u like the best? O_o

Darac
January 28, 2003, 1:44 am
i dont know...

hey is what i say to all of you people wanting to know if your good anough for the SMG.
Dont ask, APPLY!