( search forums )
Fall Damage on Realistic Mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
m00`
November 27, 2004, 10:06 am
Can you please remove fall damage from realistic mode (or lower it a litle), its really annoying, sure its realistic but I hate it, it ruins the fun of realistic mode, imho the best thing about realistic mode is the recoil.

The Geologist
November 27, 2004, 10:10 am
Meh..it's not that annoying if you know how to, you know..use those jet thingies? I don't think the fall damage is going anywhere anytime soon..

m00`
November 27, 2004, 10:11 am
I use jet to prevent it but sometimes my jet runs out, especially in low jetpack maps. and sometimes u forget to use it. Heck its not even FUN.

Alamo
November 27, 2004, 10:18 am
Just tap the jet button a second before you hit the ground.

DeMonIc
November 27, 2004, 10:21 am
What he said.It's a part of the game, and it improves your movement.

Sprocket
November 27, 2004, 10:27 am
Think about it, a game like This, NEEDS fall damage..

Aquarius
November 27, 2004, 10:30 am
Try to jump down from 8th floor and you will realize what is the fall damage for in realistic mode.

Chakra
November 27, 2004, 10:40 am
I used to play real-mode so much that I still jet before hitting the ground, no matter the mode.

(psst, secret to real mode is really just staying on the ground. You can't maneuver so well in the air while also having to save some energy for landing, plus your jets alert your enemy to your presence.)

m00`
November 27, 2004, 10:49 am
but its just, sooooooo annoyinggggggg, I dont have trouble hitting the floor without getting damaged, but sometimes it just happens when im trying to kill somone and using my jetpacks then m yjetpack runs out and i bang on the floor and die. its terribly annoying.

Sprocket: No, this game does not need fall damage, it has jet packs for fux sakes, whats the point of fall damage, it ruins the god damn fun, the fun thing about realistic mode is the recoil and the way people die so fast. Fall Damage completely ruins it.

Aquarius: This is not real life this is a game, even though its on realistic mode, fall damage just doesnt fit it into the game, how about taking of jetpacks in realistic mode as well? THATS realistic too, you dont see people flyign around with jetpacks attached to their feet in real life ;/

Demonic: Its not part of the game, its part of Realistic mode and it sux ;Q

Sprocket
November 27, 2004, 10:52 am
Then turn of the fukkin' real mode then!
god, i hate complainers..

Boer
November 27, 2004, 10:53 am
If you are falling and touch a wall at a slight angle , you get full fall damage, and it is not realistic!!. Maby the fall damage should be the component perpendicular to the wall? it will make it less annoying...

Sprocket
November 27, 2004, 10:56 am
quote:Originally posted by BoerIf you are falling and touch a wall at a slight angle , you get full fall damage, and it is not realistic!!. Maby the fall damage should be the component perpendicular to the wall? it will make it less annoying...

Now THAT, i agree with o_O

m00`
November 27, 2004, 10:58 am
Sprocket the point is i like recoil and the way people die so fast but i hate the fall dmg ;/ Im not complaining im just saying fall dmg is not a good thing to have in this game ;/ "sigh"

Now tell me what is so fun about precisly pressing the jetpack button
right before u fall onto the floor

Aquarius
November 27, 2004, 11:09 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`fall damage just doesnt fit it into the game

Fall damage fits perfectly into realistic.

quote:Originally posted by m00`fall dmg is not a good thing to have in this game

Fall damage is a good thing to have in realistic.

quote:Originally posted by m00`Now tell me what is so fun about precisly pressing the jetpack button right before u fall onto the floor

You have to think in realistic. You have to consider many more factors simultaneously.
It means that realistic is not for idiots, because idiots die quickly (eg by fall damage).

Sprocket
November 27, 2004, 11:16 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`Sprocket the point is i like recoil and the way people die so fast but i hate the fall dmg ;/ Im not complaining im just saying fall dmg is not a good thing to have in this game ;/ "sigh"

it makes it more difficult to master. its more fun when death is nearby everywhere you go.
with fall damage gone, it would be boring after 5 mins.
after all, its "Realistic Mode"
that is where fall damage belong. and i doubt that michal will ever remove fall damage.. so.. you will just have to accept it.

Boer
November 27, 2004, 11:22 am
Maby he should just add the BPVest bonus? Sadly, thats all im missing in real mode.

m00`
November 27, 2004, 11:28 am
'sigh' I give up ;/

KnOt
November 28, 2004, 11:41 pm
MAKE IT AN OPTION ..

Michal
November 29, 2004, 12:25 am
I had this idea just today :o
I think it should be a seperate option from real mode, mostly because I would want to play with recoil and stuff but not with falling damage. And falling damage is a bit unpredictable and with lag stuff gets really messed up, like fluctuating health bars... So maybe it should be a server option instead.

Fangus Deef
November 29, 2004, 2:40 am
learn to deal, eyic

The Geologist
November 29, 2004, 3:34 am
quote:Originally posted by m00` I dont have trouble hitting the floor without getting damaged, but sometimes it just happens when im trying to kill somone and using my jetpacks then m yjetpack runs out and i bang on the floor and die.

quote:Originally posted by m00`Sprocket the point is i like recoil and the way people die so fast but i hate the fall dmg

You're contradicting yourself..if you don't have any trouble hitting the ground without getting damaged, you should have no problem with realistic mode. Realistic mode has the fall damage for a reason..it's realistic. Big suprise, I know...but it is part of the game, and it's there for a reason (to be realistic). If you don't like it, don't use realistic mode. Oh...and pressing the jetpack button isn't before you fall onto the floor isn't mean to be fun or entertaining..it's meant to keep you alive. Jump off a building/cliff/whatever and then see if you want a jetpack just before you hit the ground. :)

m00`
November 29, 2004, 5:56 am
Okey if its realistic mode i suggest u take off the jetpack. Realistic mode or not, Jetpacks are supposed to be in the game, Fall Damage isn't, because you have the option to FLY. IN superhero games, there isnt any fall damage as i recall. In fps games, There is fall damage. Why? Because fps games arn't about jumping all over the place and shooting people in a 2d world or a 3rd world. The point is fps games dont have Jetpacks! And they arnt about flying! Their about moving around and shooting people! If you fall, thats your mistake. SOLDAT IS ALL ABOUT FALLING AND SHOOTING PEOPLEEE. Cant you understand my point!

does anyone get to what im saying?

The Geologist
November 29, 2004, 6:15 am
I don't see how, because you have the option to fly, that falling damage is somehow not applicable. If anything, the flying makes it appropriate...if you don't fly, you fall, and if you fall to far you die. This isn't a "superhero game", and you admit that "if you fall, that's your mistake" (a claim which could be said about any kind of game in which jumping/flying might be involved). So what exactly are you argueing? It's kind of hard to understand your point when you talk in circles and contradict yourself. Seriously...I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's not that hard to use the jetpack, even in maps with very little jet pack available.

BMF
November 29, 2004, 6:26 am
HOW ABOUT YOU LEARN TO USE JETS HUH?

I NEVER had trouble with RM fall damage. Just USE THE FREAKING JETS AND STOP YOUR WHINAGE. Its REALISTIC for a reason JFC!!! YOU DONT LIKE IT? DONT PLAY IT. I cannot believe this discussion is STILL GOING ON. USE THE GODDAMN JETS FFS

m00`
November 29, 2004, 6:27 am
In superhero games u can fly, well most of the ones i've played :O, in this game u can fly, getting damaged when u fall is just stupid in a game were you can fly, though i guess non of you agree ;/

edit: BMF i know how to use my jets, but watching out for the fal ldamage every single time is ridiculous. And im not whining, im suggesting to take out the fall damage and im also giving a reason for my suggestion. If all you can do is type in capitals and rub it in my face then dont post man ;/

I dont even play realistic mode very much because of this stupid fall damage feature.

btw - how about atleast lower the fall damage, atm its way too much ;/

Soulsnipa
November 29, 2004, 6:42 am
have a server option ...with a scrolling bar 0-100%. Technically if you fall from 20 stories up ur most likely to die. But if you fall from 1 Story, its not so bad. Therefore a bar would be appropriate either way. 0 for people who dont want it....or 100% damage for high distances for people who want to be totally realistic.

3rd_account
November 29, 2004, 8:38 am
The fall damage should be less potent. You get hurt or even killed if you run-jump fast enough.

Fangus Deef
November 29, 2004, 9:13 am
fool, it's not that big of a thing. serious. fall damage is to make you more exercise more caution, as is recoil. if yer just shooting and dodging, then the recoil is kinda pointless, and people will just unload, and not care if they hit the ground. it makes the gameplay of real mode all fit together. take out basically any part of real mode, and it's just soldat with a bunch of semi-blind people who are too weak to keep their guns down. how's that sound, baby?

Krieg
December 9, 2004, 7:36 pm
fall damage isn't supposed to be in the game, neither is recoil when you shoot in realistic mode, plus dont you think its so funny to watch your opponent being to busy shooting at you to jet to break his fall, cos i love to watch him forget and break his back, or finish him off with the shotgun, yeh fix the health levels up,
only 1 close range shotgun blast = pwnage, not fun for those i do it to i can asure you >:)