a new webpage for the soldat awards.. please post here. tnx

We would need like..
- a php news post thingy
- nice look
- counters and such..

if interested: -> #soldat-awards on quakenet

Chakra
November 27, 2004, 10:18 am
I personally wouldn't mind seeing soldat-awards becoming a part of our community. We're a unique little society wrapped around a game, and something like this fits the bill well. I hope someone can help 'em.

Sprocket
November 27, 2004, 11:11 am
i sure can't.. i don't know what the hell your talking aboot.

somehow i think soldat is better of livin' in the dark..

Drama
November 27, 2004, 2:09 pm
how much?

sh33py
November 27, 2004, 2:16 pm
go to teh bash pit its fun!

N1nj@
November 27, 2004, 2:58 pm
you can do all that by yourself without really knowing any php. There is lots of free news php script around. Counters are even easier and the layout could be done by html.

Meandor
November 27, 2004, 4:35 pm
http://www.neocrome.net/
That's all you need, it has polls, news, forum and everything you could want included, plus it's moddable. You just need: basic html knowledge if you want to change the menus, etc. + a server with mysql support and a database + a bit of patience to set everything up. If you need help you can ask me or anyone that knows php, it's quite simple to install.

FliesLikeABrick
November 28, 2004, 4:55 am
I would if i wasnt so busy with other projects

Fangus Deef
November 28, 2004, 5:47 am
i was gonna recommend you, brick...XP

Kirby
November 28, 2004, 6:23 am
I could help out if you wanted... Hit me up on MSN: kirby@shaide.com

DannyLB
November 28, 2004, 7:23 pm
i know PHPNuke ( just look at my site : www.mafiaforever.com ) but nothing comes free today, so just dont expect someone to say yes , free of charge.

DT
November 30, 2004, 3:42 pm
HTML eh... i can use that give me dreamweaver and $20 a hour and you got a deal

Drama
November 30, 2004, 3:43 pm
stop spamming

Soulsnipa
November 30, 2004, 6:47 pm
no need to ask for money...dont be greedy.

Elephant_Hunter
November 30, 2004, 7:15 pm
It's not greedy to ask for money... remember when Xalion asked money for his site? I think we can all agree that good web development is a noteworthy job and takes a lot of time and effort to accomplish. You should know this better than most all the folks who posted here. Nothing comes for free.

n00bface
November 30, 2004, 7:36 pm
That was snor? I thought it was Xalion who asked 1250$ .. roflmao..no one even considdered paying more than 30$

FliesLikeABrick
November 30, 2004, 9:58 pm
you were asking for money to install PHPNuke, are you that f*cking lame?
Yes it was Xalion that asked for money, not Snor

DT
November 30, 2004, 11:17 pm
quote:Nothing comes for free.
thats not entirely true...
But creating that stuff and maintaning it can become a huge responsiblity

Elephant_Hunter
December 1, 2004, 1:00 am
Actually, it is true. There's always a catch... an agreement, sometimes unspoken, but always there. Even though it may seem lame to you Flies, there are plenty of websites mantained by paid administrators using PHP Nuke and other freely available software. Heck, there's paid forum moderators (talk about a simple job.) Think about it. Those graphics on the Mafia Forever site took time to create, it takes time to manage the site and provide answers to questions.

You're probably thinking that you could do the same for cheaper, even for free. Go ahead and be my guest, but nobody is going to really put any effort into the site without some form of payment.

Blackdeath
December 1, 2004, 2:11 pm
He's got a point you know.

DT
December 1, 2004, 3:37 pm
My Friend use to maintain a clan website for wolfenstine and he said it was a bitch load of work... trying to get all the bills paid advertizement forums shoutboxes and yada yada yada....

Element_101
December 2, 2004, 9:36 am
Elephant Hunter Makes A Good Point.

Soulsnipa
December 2, 2004, 6:57 pm
Not exactly, payment is just an incentive. You Shouldnt HAVE to require pay, you should just do it for fun as a hobby. When you get bored, take a break I guess.

DannyLB
December 6, 2004, 6:39 am
quote:Originally posted by DTMy Friend use to maintain a clan website for wolfenstine and he said it was a bitch load of work... trying to get all the bills paid advertizement forums shoutboxes and yada yada yada....

yea right, since when is he paying freewebs?

Elephant_Hunter
December 6, 2004, 7:05 pm
Freewebs accepts money to take off the banner ad and add php/asp abilities I believe. You can't have a shoutbox without it.