( search forums )
Streaming Music
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mantrakid
November 27, 2004, 8:51 pm

Would be cool for dedicated servers to have an option that allowed playlists to stream, and users connected to the server would hear the streaming selection... You could set up some nice playlists and share them with all the users...

I dont know how much of an effect this would have on the lag/ping etc.. but i often stream music while playing anyway and my ping is usually quite high. it could disable itself for users who have [IMAGE]ty connections..

just a thought.

oregon jupiter/mantrakid

karmazon
November 27, 2004, 9:06 pm
I like this idea. Player could disable it, whenever he wants. Nice...

Teh Panda
November 27, 2004, 10:11 pm
new idea indeed :)

Jap_man
November 27, 2004, 11:45 pm
yea, this is a real good idea ;D.
Though it'd have a huge effect on lag/ping.

Skate4Razors
November 28, 2004, 12:20 am
Aslong as no rap, hip-hop, and latino,lol. ONLY CLASSIC ROCK HOMIE G WILAKERS! I'm serious... Good idea!

DT
November 28, 2004, 1:06 am
loading time for the music though...

Fangus Deef
November 28, 2004, 2:44 am
nothing past '79

mantrakid
November 28, 2004, 3:56 am
well loading time really doesnt come into play cuz its streamed... so it would start playing as soon as you connect to the server.

i can see it having an effect on lag tho... but again - i stream music anyway (www.wefunkradio.com)!! and never have probs.

mantrakid/oregon jupiter

mipit
November 28, 2004, 1:01 pm
Hehe that would be cool. i could play rock while i kills newbs.

Alamo
November 28, 2004, 1:43 pm
I don't like that idea. It just messes up pings and forces ppl to listen to dumb music. Please god no!

Famine
November 28, 2004, 1:53 pm
CLASSIC ROCK SUCKS

sh33py
November 28, 2004, 2:10 pm
....rock sucks dont hate music wait till u hear chinese opera u will die of internal ear bleeding..

die nadel
November 29, 2004, 3:29 am
wel it'd be good, cept the lag will make everyone shoot themselves...

Messiah
November 29, 2004, 3:38 am
Yeah, it might lag like crazy, plus there would probably be alot of bugs with it, its a good idea and yet its a bad one, from what i see, i would say its a bad one.

zyxstand
November 29, 2004, 3:43 am
many problems come up with this idea! first like being allowed to share music and what if it has "curse words" in it - ppl wouldn't b legally allowed to play and it also slows down servers esp if ur computer don have fast enuf connection - but i would def. lov to have that!

Dr.Feelgood
November 29, 2004, 2:37 pm
"Rock n' Roll ain't noise pollution", but nothing past '74. AC/DC jailbreak was made on that year and Led Zeppelin is older than 1970, i think.

DT
November 29, 2004, 3:27 pm
*turns on RPG Music*
*forces everyone to listen to it*
do da do do da do do da doooo dooo da dooo dooo do dooooooooooo dooooo da da doooo da dooo da da dooo
eh you get the picture

Edited after b00stA's post

*starts getting some music on a sever*
*watches ping go up like mad*
*everyone gets disconnected*

heh i don't think that would work... but if you want you can e-mail someone the music if you want

b00stA
November 29, 2004, 3:45 pm
Let's see, we are streaming a MP3 at 128 kbit -> 16 kilobytes per second. It wouldn't be possible to let 2 persons join a normal DSL server without major lag.
Now imagine a 10 slot server. 160 kb/s upstream just for music?

Soldat is not meant for something like that, it's useless and technically difficult at best.

blackdevil0742
November 29, 2004, 3:53 pm
I like it alot but
as b00stA said it would be alot of lag