( search forums )
Soldat Requirements
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Gerwaldo
November 28, 2004, 7:03 am
Um i have soldat installed on a old 2001 compaq and it wont display the game correctly. For example, it doesnt show the weapons a person has. It doesnt display details on the game like bushes, bullet streams or just bullets in general, etc. Is it because I dont have a new version of 3D software or something? Is there a certain program I need for my HD for the game to look and display correctly?

::LSD:: Gerwaldo

karmazon
November 28, 2004, 7:04 am
Let me guess...Your graphic card is Savage ?

Gerwaldo
November 28, 2004, 7:07 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonLet me guess...Your graphic card is Savage ?
I dont know. Its a Presario 6000. I dont think its the graphics card cause all the other games I play come out on the screen the way they're supposed to. Maybe its the 3D software? And btw, i think it has a geforce graphics card...or whatever its called.

Gerwaldo
November 28, 2004, 7:15 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonLet me guess...Your graphic card is Savage ?
seriously isnt there like a certain type of softwarefor the 3d effects of Soldat? Cause what really happens is that You cant see bullet streams. You can only see half the detailof the guns and bushes, etc. Other than that the game is still playable but I just want toplay it at fullt 3D effect, etc.

T-Money
November 28, 2004, 7:18 am
Um.....do you have directx 8 or higher? I think Soldat requires above 8.0, but I'm not sure.

karmazon
November 28, 2004, 7:19 am
People with the ProSavage graphic card have this problem(including me). Nothing you can do about it, except mod your graphics.

Gerwaldo
November 28, 2004, 7:20 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonPeople with the ProSavage graphic card have this problem(including me). Nothing you can do about it, except mod your graphics.
I dunno but I am pretty sure I dont have a savage graphic card.

Gerwaldo
November 28, 2004, 7:21 am
quote:Originally posted by T-MoneyUm.....do you have directx 8 or higher? I think Soldat requires above 8.0, but I'm not sure.
Where can I download directx? directx.com?

Element_101
November 28, 2004, 8:15 am
Well Its Defenly A Graphics Card Issue, I Can Tell You That Much.

DT
November 28, 2004, 8:44 am
has anyone played it on a Apple before?

Element_101
November 28, 2004, 10:08 am
No, Why?

Hitman
November 28, 2004, 10:48 am
Why Are You Capitalizing The First Letter Of Every Word?! Please Stop Cause It's [IMAGE]ing Annoying!

frogboy
November 28, 2004, 10:50 am
I Agree With Hitman. It Is Incredibly Annoying.

palloco
November 28, 2004, 12:12 pm
gerwaldo. You can use google to find what you need.
Get the latest nvidia drivers (www.nvidia.com)? and directx 9 from www.microsoft.com
In sodlat setup turn off graphic options like anti-aliasing

mipit
November 28, 2004, 12:50 pm
Thats wired i have version 5000 with a 8 mb nivida TNT2 graphix card and
and soldat rune fine for me but a version 6000 dosent?

BManx2000
November 28, 2004, 3:29 pm
Gerwaldo: Click on the start menu, go to run, and type dxdiag. Wait for it to finish loading and first look at the bottom of the screen. It should tell you the version of directx you have, make sure you at least have version 8.1. Now click on the display tab, on the top left it should say what graphics card you have. Post it here.

Magniitude
November 28, 2004, 4:52 pm
To find out your graphics card, go to "My computer" and right click it. Click properties. Go to the "Hardware" tab and find Device Manager. Click on the "display" portion of it, and your graphics card should be there.

Or you can use BManx2000's way.

.dragonfire
November 28, 2004, 5:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by GerwaldoUm i have soldat installed on a old 2001 compaq and it wont display the game correctly. For example, it doesnt show the weapons a person has. It doesnt display details on the game like bushes, bullet streams or just bullets in general, etc. Is it because I dont have a new version of 3D software or something? Is there a certain program I need for my HD for the game to look and display correctly?

::LSD:: Gerwaldo

Let me just say this. All Compaqs are a waste of computer parts.

Deleted User
November 28, 2004, 5:25 pm
I agree with .dragonfire.

And most likely, you won't be able to upgrade your Compaq either, since they're so freaking proprietary.

palloco
November 28, 2004, 8:19 pm
Is it my impression or most of you are believe a compaq is a Mac. A Compaq can be upgraded like any other PC because it is a PC. It is HP

bonkas
December 3, 2004, 12:47 am
Most Compaq's and HP's are crap.. they arnt very upgradable at all..

My friend had a relatively new HP he said it was very slow and the only thing I could see was slow was his video card.. He had a 2.8 Ghz P4 512Mb Ram and so on.. but he had an old 8Mb S3 Verge in there so I found an old GeForce 3 i had at home and gave it to him and he said he couldent install it.. I went over there and had a look at his PC and he only have 2 PCI Slots which were used by TV Capture card and Modem and his video was only intergrated with no AGP..

I have another Compaq PC which is very similair to this also..

But to the question at hand..

I have a PC with the same video card you are experiencing problems with and i am using Direct X 9c and the problem still remains.. I am also using latest drivers.. I dont think there is a fix for this sorry..

palloco
December 3, 2004, 7:42 pm
It is not Compaq's fault that you had bought a business computer when you wanted a gaming computer. You can buy a super server with a cluster of opteron with a calculus power of several gigaflops, but you wont be able to upgrade their ati fire GL with 8 mb, because they were not designed for that.
To solve that problem is not just a matter to get the latest drivers and stuff. It is a matter of trying all drivers you can and see if any of them resolves the problem. Try omega drivers and dna drivers. Try dx90b instead of dx90c. Try messing around with the video card options disabling all options you can and enabling them one by one to check if something solves it. Try reformatting computer. Try another OS. There are many ways to try to solution that, but most of the times people choose the easiest way and blame the seller of the computer. Give me your computer for free, I will appreciate more than you do.

n3ur0
January 11, 2005, 12:03 am
i had an integrated video card, s3 pro ssavage, 32 mb, and it tried all to fix it. nothing to do, u need a new video card, but is "good" to see others behind trees and bushes. now i have a nvidia 64mb, and it works fine