( search forums )
Mosh.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Duke33
November 28, 2004, 7:32 am
Don't know your guys' opinions on Eminem. Personally, I think sometimes he's just too stupid and sweary and pointless--much like many rappers. But sometimes he gets it right, and this song is one of those spectacular times. Tell me what you think.

http://boss.streamos.com/qtime/interscope/eminem/encore/video/mosh-rev/300_mosh-rev.mov

The sentiment expressed through the lyrics is impressive and interesting. The beat and the sound are good too. Overall, it combines the best of two worlds--a vital and insightful commentry and stand on society, while at the same time sounding good.

Apologies if this offends anyone. I just thought it needed to be seen.

Marine
November 28, 2004, 8:16 am
*sigh* Eminem and his usual misinformed ways. Well, so be it. I respect him and his talent as a rapper, but the guys an idiot, a douche, an uninformed dip[IMAGE] who makes us Yankees look bad. It's a good thing he only influences junior high kids with his violence and Bush-bashing.

However, it was a decent song, but still - lets get real here...

karmazon
November 28, 2004, 8:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Marine who makes us Yankees look bad.

hahaha XD

DT
November 28, 2004, 9:02 am
mosh pits... god the old days... when that was such a funny word...

?
November 28, 2004, 3:51 pm
No artist should give political thoughts unless the occasion calls for it.... this is one of the times it does NOT callf or it.. besides he is suppose to be an entertainer... not some [IMAGE] trying to get votes for Kerry.. anyway it was a good idea because it gets all the crappy liberals into his music and therefore more money....

BMF
November 28, 2004, 4:07 pm
Eminem is a very talented guy. But like many of the artists, he is not a very bright guy. His opinions are those of a 15 year old, his music is very good (in my opinion).
I stopped listening to him at all for a while, because he is a complete moron. But then I figured, he is an artist, and he makes his art. Its a god given gift. I dont need to accept his opinion to enjoy the things he does.
Eminem is a douche, but he makes some good music.

LazehBoi
November 29, 2004, 4:35 am
I don't enjoy rap, especially when their whining isn't in beat. :/
However "Lean Back" is funny to laugh at.

Liber_Lupus
November 29, 2004, 6:40 pm
His an artist. A poet. His songs can make you hate and laugh out loud. Sometimes he talks about something serious, then he jokes about it in the next song. Thats the thing I don't like about him.

Duke33
November 30, 2004, 2:25 am
Well, the general idea seems to be that he's not a bad artist, makes some good music--but he's a bit of an idiot, stupid, and shouldn't try out politics.

True in some ways. Sometimes he is a complete [IMAGE]", BMF: "douche", etc.) Sometimes, yeah. But other times, I don't think so.

In 'Who Knew', he says "They blame Marilyn, and heroin, but where were the parents at?" Things like that make me respect him. His homophobia and female-bashing and general moronity is his other side, that I find despicable.

Ah, I see both sides. He's musically talented, but I also think that artists do need to say something with their work. That's what he did this song, and you have to respect for saying something powerful. Yeah, it's uninformed and simplified--but it has to be. Interesting, either way, and a good song even if you don't agree.