( search forums )
1916 Uprising (INF)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Marine
November 28, 2004, 7:47 am
Story:

In Easter, 1916, Dublin, Ireland, 1000 Irish rebels marched to what they knew would surely be their deaths. The Irish army took Dublin, surprising the British troops there. They cut telephone lines and seized ammo stores. They began fortifying their positions as the British mustered forces.

By the third day, the Irish were outnumbered 20 to 1 by the British army. They fought and fought, and many died.

A last battle was fought for King's Street, near the Four Courts. It took some 5,000 British soldiers, equipped with armoured cars and artillery, 28 hours to advance about 150 yards against some 200 rebels.

Type INF
Suggested players
Red 9
Blue 6

(I'm thinking that blue should have 2/3 of what red has, to equal it out)

Basically, this is an INF map in an urban enviroment where blue (Irish defenders) has a heavily fortified base, while red (British commandos) have overpowering numbers (supposedly).

It's a map with only 1 way to the blue base (flag), but there is a lot of debris, tanks, and buildings to weave your way in and out from. I'm around 20% done, I can get up a screenshot in a day or two.

If you have any ideas or suggestions or comments, post em here.

Vassili_Zaitsev
December 17, 2004, 7:33 am
sounds like a good idea. My advice:
take your time over it, dont rush, you'll do a much better job.

i have always wanted to tackle a very scenery-rich map (war torn city environment) but i wanted to get a few maps under ma belt 1st.

if you can pull it off, it sounds like a good idea. Although how would you get the teams to balance the way you want?

p.s. are you irish? :P