( search forums )
Advance Mode Modifications
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
IDF-RIPsta
November 28, 2004, 2:50 pm
I've been playing this mode for a while to get a better feel of it.

The idea is excellent with the only real problem being the fact that you cannot access the weapons' menu until you are dead.

If I have already scored 3 consecutive kills, I should be able to choose a weapon on the spot, and continue my rampage.

Maybe a mutual respawn could solve the problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Still concerning weapons, but less important, maybe a "Mercy Weapon" would help improve the "fairness" factor.

If I am leading 15-1, for example, my opponent should be entitled to choose a weapon other than his secondaries...

This could also help reduce the "Whining" on behalf of unlucky opponents.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, there is also a minor bug that causes problems only in this mode of play.

Let us say that I finished a 15 frag game against an opponent with his last weapon being a Ruger.

When the game restarts, and until he chooses a new weapon, he is still holding that Ruger from the previous round.

If I stoop very low and kill him before he makes his choice, he will drop the Ruger for me to pick it up.

Now I have only 1 frag point and a shiny new weapon to complement my secondary.

doffencom
November 28, 2004, 6:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by IDF-RIPsta
If I have already scored 3 consecutive kills, I should be able to choose a weapon on the spot, and continue my rampage.

Im for that.

mipit
November 28, 2004, 7:58 pm
if you die sometimes youll loose a weapon. but you have to die inorder to pick a new weapon. so i get a weapon i die to pick my wepon but since i died i lost it o_0

doffencom
November 28, 2004, 8:42 pm
/kill

IDF-RIPsta
November 29, 2004, 4:50 am
If you would have read the game rules, doffencom, you would have understood that 3 consecutive deaths give your opponent a weapon.

You have now increased his chance of beating you by decreasing the number of times he has to kill you to receive a weapon.

diediedie119
December 4, 2004, 10:12 pm
i like the idea

Marine
December 5, 2004, 2:27 am
Nice.