( search forums )
Clustergranades? Cluster clusters!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
doffencom
November 28, 2004, 6:03 pm
1 granade makes 5, then 5 again! Weeeee.
For you slow one's, I mean that 1 cluster granade explodes, and let out 5 new clusters that act as regular ones for that spiffy FOFF we want.

Deleted User
November 28, 2004, 6:07 pm
Sort of like a banana bomb?

Heh, it'd be neat to see,.. but not something I'd want to be on the recieving end of. Besides, can't you just throw 2 cluster grenades?

Don't get me wrong, I support it.. but it just seems kinda.. overpowered.

mipit
November 28, 2004, 6:08 pm
Huh? so Bang (5 Bing) then (5 bing(5 bin)) so it explodes into 5 and those split into 5 again? im Confuzzeld

DeMonIc
November 28, 2004, 6:22 pm
Go play worms...or wait for the weapons editor.The choice is yours.

Alamo
November 28, 2004, 6:33 pm
lol... every statement, suggestion etc. about guns is killed with the 'super-argument' weapons-editor. what if it is not able to do such a change...`?

But i don't like this either... Clusters are more or less useless anyway. I like my normal grens better.
One normal grenade to the feet is way better then some clusters.

doffencom
November 28, 2004, 7:06 pm
I just think that the current cluster granades are too weak. Their supposed to be a bonus. Bonuses are powerful, cluster granades are not =/

Swarmer
November 28, 2004, 7:29 pm
Well, I think clusters have been significantly improved. Before, they would just crack open and have 5 gernades pop out into random directions even if you hit the enemy, but now it blows up when you hit the enemy. It's almost a garunteed kill if you hit them, cause it does 5x damage. Or maybe I just sucked before.

doffencom
November 28, 2004, 7:41 pm
If a cluster granade part hits me, I lose 20% health.. And its a bug tho. Throw a cluster granade into the roof and they all go FOFF in the roof, and not raining down as they should.

mipit
November 28, 2004, 7:56 pm
The phisics of the cluster are not that real. the side of the explosion should make the smaller genades go the oppisite way instead of up. -_-

doffencom
November 28, 2004, 8:37 pm
Yee. Thats what I mean, but.. The first grande do not explode, it just.. Disintigrate? And then let out 5 weak granades?

Deleted User
November 28, 2004, 10:13 pm
It's similar to the idea of creating a land-mine out of stick-grenades.

German soldiers would take the heads off of certain stick grenades and tie them together, usually using 6 or 7 heads to make one "blossom". They'd then attach a motion sensitive pin or mine-warhead, and bury them in the dirt as anti-tank mines.

I imagine what you're throwing isn't a "real" grenade, but a pack of grenades in a thin shell. Once its broken, the real grenades are sent flying in every direction.

The Geologist
November 28, 2004, 10:22 pm
Clusters own is you use them the right way...one at a time can be pretty much useless. But all at once, in a hail of explosions...especially when there are multiple people present :) Teh fun.

doffencom
November 29, 2004, 12:04 pm
Well its no way in hell they can compete with predator and berserker bonus =>

DT
November 29, 2004, 4:15 pm
arg the only use they nades would due is provide lag...

Blackdeath
November 29, 2004, 4:23 pm
lol clusters do [IMAGE] as it is. Although they need some boosting in the power department; I agree with DeMoNic go play some worms.

die nadel
November 29, 2004, 11:58 pm
seems over-powered. and by the way its not granade its grEnade

DannyLB
November 30, 2004, 2:16 am
related to the cluster bomb. I know it hasn't been modified, but in this version i wasnt able to kill 1 person with a cluster grenade :/