( search forums )
What is soldat?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
palloco
November 28, 2004, 9:12 pm
Is it a game or is it a drug?
I left in the middle of a fcw(after a round ended) and it seemed that people got annoyed. Seriously guys, if you cant stop playing soldat when you have to, just because you are in the middle of a cw, then you need help.

Skate4Razors
November 28, 2004, 9:25 pm
Drug... :/ It over powers me...

SuperKill
November 28, 2004, 9:44 pm
i'd get mad if someone left in the middle of a <sport> practice match or whatever.

DT
November 28, 2004, 9:51 pm
soldat is a game...if it was a drug though.... man would it be cool

3rd_account
November 28, 2004, 10:11 pm
Defenitly a drug because it has effected my social life. On the other hand, a social life are for lesser forms of life.

The Geologist
November 28, 2004, 10:19 pm
I'm thinking the only reason they were annoyed was because you left in the cw..? Just maybe shortchanging them? It is a game, but if ya screwed 'em over.. :/

BMF
November 28, 2004, 10:47 pm
I try my best not to leave in the middle of the match, but if I have to go, I have to go.

TIR_Blade
November 29, 2004, 3:34 am
I'm kinda like BMF.

O and It leans to drugs side because it's intoxicating and addicting. :D

Messiah
November 29, 2004, 3:57 am
Its my antidote thats gets me by and gets me high every day through my life. Makes the pain a little easier to deal with, for every shot that fires and pierces their flesh makes everyday a little easier...*dots*

Chakra
November 29, 2004, 4:12 am
It's just a game to me ...

..however, i'm deadly serious about having fun.

Messiah
November 29, 2004, 4:18 am
Same^

Cookie.
November 29, 2004, 4:32 am
^^Also also same

Fangus Deef
November 29, 2004, 5:06 am
soldat = game. painkillers = drug. soldat + painkillers = massive drug.

ynnePmoT
November 29, 2004, 8:37 am
palloco.. as it says on the soldat home page.. "2d multiplaying shooter GAME"
.. so, if you know how to read right (as you said that you do in a previous post) you wouldnt post such stupid topics. end.

The Geologist
November 29, 2004, 8:47 am
ynnePmoT...as it says in your previous post.."if you knew how to read right"..so, if you know how to read right (as in not taking everything so literally) then you wouldn't post such stupid replies. end.

Will
November 29, 2004, 8:58 am
well, if it was a drug i would use it everyday.

Element_101
November 29, 2004, 10:08 am
Its A Game For [IMAGE] Sake, If You Think Its Anymore You Need To Get Out More.

DeafBox
November 29, 2004, 11:18 am
say the person who took it personally that his rating on a 2d computer game forums was so low.

palloco
November 29, 2004, 12:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKilli'd get mad if someone left in the middle of a <sport> practice match or whatever.

Weird, so if you suddenly decide to play football with your friends to waste the time in something and you have to go home sooner than the others, you wont stop playing unless everyone else have to?

SuperKill
November 29, 2004, 1:15 pm
naw, if its a chill out game for fun then who cares?
but if its some practice for a league (comparing soldat vs rl) or anything then i'd get mad and expect others to get mad if i or anyone else left in the middle. ofcourse we wont lock him there and force him to play but we'll be upset about it.

Drama
November 29, 2004, 2:02 pm
dont get into clans if you dont want to irc till youre 40 and you see youre life is over

DT
November 29, 2004, 3:20 pm
Drugs are addictions that are usually bad... and soldat is not bad...

b00stA
November 29, 2004, 4:00 pm
I live in a house.. doesn't mean I like spoons though.

palloco
November 29, 2004, 5:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKillnaw, if its a chill out game for fun then who cares?
but if its some practice for a league (comparing soldat vs rl) or anything then i'd get mad and expect others to get mad if i or anyone else left in the middle. ofcourse we wont lock him there and force him to play but we'll be upset about it.

Now the question is if a friendly clan war can be considered a practice for a league. In my opinion clearly the answer is no. Specially when there are clans unsigned in leagues that play fcws... like mine at the moment. So it could only be a chill out.

DT
November 29, 2004, 7:32 pm
quote:Now the question is if a friendly clan war
whoa!? Friendly clan war? when the hell did that happen.
i haven't seen one since i played diablo 2 a long time ago... er ok mabye 4 years ago.
eh but anyways i think what soldat needs is more communication... i only know the people by thier avatars and what they say...

Rectum Tickler
November 29, 2004, 7:51 pm
I must say it's a drug myself.... I play probably 3+ hours a day?

DT
November 30, 2004, 3:26 pm
whoa where the hell did you come from... uhg its so dizzy
*passes out*
*wakes up 5 hours later*
DT: uhg must play
*plays for 5 hours and then passes out*
DT's Mom: [IMAGE] TAKE THE TRASH OUT!!!
*kinda wakes up*
DT: oh crap
DT's Mom: HAVE YOU BEEN ON SOLDAT AGAIN
DT: uh... i was playing a educational game...
DT's Mom: OK

SuperKill
November 30, 2004, 3:31 pm
my point was to show my (and other people's?) personality. guess i should've use a really dumb example instead :p
but yea, the point was that it doesnt matter what it is, if i planned something with anyone i'd expect him not to abandon.

palloco
November 30, 2004, 4:24 pm
Certainly, but fcws are never planned, they simply happen.

dr dragon
December 1, 2004, 11:57 am
Can't be a drug, I'M 11 years old! I don't DO drugs!! You'll probably have guessed that I'm saying its just a game.

Chakra
December 1, 2004, 12:27 pm
..it's not exactly EverCrack, is it.

"omg, another 4000 pc's (polish currency) and I can afford a barret +2 vs spawners."

Still a bloody nice game though. I can just pick up and play it for a quick blast whenever. Perfect for any gaming occasion.

Will
December 1, 2004, 1:59 pm
quote: I live in a house.. doesn't mean I like spoons though.

lol, wtf?

Veronica
December 1, 2004, 4:39 pm
I realized soldat is a place for kids, I used to play alot but yeah, it feels like im in some daycare center. So I went to EQ2 where only paying members can play (belive me, not asmuch kids there). Soldat lost most of my respect up till today, sure the game is great fun, but the players who play it (not everyone of course) ruins it. Put up with it for a long time, makes one tired. I still check back from time to time. Only to be reminded of what kind of players this game hosts :(

eesahe
December 1, 2004, 5:09 pm
Veronica! Long time no see :p

(off topic, sorry)