( search forums )
Some Suggestions.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
November 29, 2004, 12:40 am
These are just some ideas some friends and I came up with while talking about soldat and other shooter games like it.

1.) Rolling into/landing on/crashing into your opponent should temporarily stun your opponent and yourself (for less time). Might be a way to save yourself when you're unarmed or reloading.

2.) A new mode called "Direct Mode" Here, the aiming reticle must be directly on the target to qualify as a hit. However, bullets are invisible and travel almost instantaneously. The farther the aiming reticle is away from the shooter, the bigger it becomes, and the more inaccurate the shots are/the more spread there is to the bullets. It's like playing soldat with a light gun hooked up to your PC.
-There should be an arrow on your screen or a faint red aura telling you of who is shooting at you if they are off screen. If on screen, they should have a floating label "hostile" above them.

3.) Now that the Bink effect has been implemented, the recoil in realistic should be changed. Instead of the aiming reticle going up, it should get bigger, like the bink effect, and cause shots to be more inaccurate that way.
-Running, jumping, and/or flying should cause the cursor to expand up to 150% of normal size.
-Shooting rapidly should cause expansion of up to 125%.
-While getting shot allows reticle to expand to 200%.
-Moving while crouching or prone does not decrease acuracy and firing from crouch or prone decreases acuracy less than a shot while moving.
-This should not affect nade throwing as much as aiming weapons.

5.) The Steyr should have a scope, as should the SOCOM and ruger.

6.) It would be great if damage to the body causes actual decreases in your soldiers physical attributes. decreased acuracy, jumping height, lowered running speed, increased reload time, blood loss=small damege over time. Should be fun.

7.) After enough damage has been dealt to you, a certian portion of your health should be impossible to recover with health packs.
-if you have 60-41% health left, you cant get more than 75% max.
-if you have 40-21% health left, you cant get more than 50% max.
-if you have 20-1% health left, you cant get more than 25% max.

8.) A rocket launcher type weapon that deals low damage (50-60%) but has splash damage and fires straigter than the m79 and/or reloads slightly faster.

mar77a
November 29, 2004, 1:35 am
.......mmmm.......i like number 8...

Fangus Deef
November 29, 2004, 2:09 am
1. use search
2. pointless. M79.....eh?
3. i like it, cuz a ruger doesnt fly in the air in reality
4. you skipped this one
5. dont try to tip t he scales
6. maybe real mode (eek! it's cliche now!)
7. search
8. no.

Magniitude
November 29, 2004, 2:23 am
1. Search
2. Too hard
3. The cursor will be expanding so much on your screen to how many shots you take that it will make your computer chug (yes, im talking about YOUR computer.)
4. Haaha stupid tard.
5. Why? I know at least a SOCOM doesnt have a scope in real life.
6. Na, people will hunt you down to fast, and it will make life hell for newbies.
7. That just sucks.
8. Best on there.

die nadel
November 29, 2004, 3:28 am
uhh
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.
6. No.
7. No.
8. No.

i don't like any of these ideas, you are trying to make soldat to much like cs, or some other realistic game. soldat is not supposed to be so realistic and it would be much less fun if it was.

Messiah
November 29, 2004, 3:38 am
quote:Originally posted by die nadeluhh
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.
5. No.
6. No.
7. No.
8. No.

i don't like any of these ideas, you are trying to make soldat to much like cs, or some other realistic game. soldat is not supposed to be so realistic and it would be much less fun if it was.

Agreed.

Will
November 29, 2004, 9:04 am
1. no
2. no
3. no
4. no
5. no
6. in realistic mode
7. no
8. no

Blackdeath
November 29, 2004, 4:18 pm
the only one I would think of supporting would be number 1. Even then it would be a long shot bud.

archaus
July 3, 2005, 1:31 am
1. better yet, there should be a melee button that MAKES you jump into your opponet.
4. Cool idea but I dont think the cursor should expand wich would totally ruin the ruger (wich doesn't usually have a scope in real life either) and the spass. The best way to make it work would be to have your cursor still jump, just in random directions, this preserves the feel that your fighting to keep your gun under control.
6. This sounds good in theory and might work. It should be optional IF michael can get it working.

Maxx
July 3, 2005, 1:59 am
The last post in this topic was in 2004 on the 29th of November, obviously.

That means it was too old to bring up again.

Don't revive a topic that's over 2 weeks old unless it is VERYVERY important.