( search forums )
Dog eat dog.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
that fuking sniper
November 29, 2004, 4:48 am
A long time ago, in a land far, far away, an idea hit TFS in the head with a desk lamp. TFS then had visions of little soldiers shooting eachother in the face and whatnot. There were no medics around, or these strange medical boxes, but each time a soldier killed another, his health went back up by 50%. TFS could clearly see that the ones who lasted the most before dying are really good players, and that it would be great practice to become such a great player. TFS thought this is a very wierd thing. And so the first reaction was to post this on the forums.

Chakra
November 29, 2004, 4:50 am
So, the more you kill, the more you stay alive....intrigueing. This quite possibly could really work out well.

Social Poison
November 29, 2004, 4:56 am
it'd be an interesting combo with Surivial mode...

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 29, 2004, 4:57 am
mmmmm that = Barret match, all the way

BMF
November 29, 2004, 4:57 am
interesting

BMF
November 29, 2004, 4:58 am
How about first, there would be an option to eliminate all bonuses??

Beren
November 29, 2004, 4:59 am
I like it, it's a stroke of genious.

The Geologist
November 29, 2004, 5:04 am
Genius. It's a stroke of genius. (And yes, that is my opinion as well ;) )

Fangus Deef
November 29, 2004, 5:07 am
love it. leo: stop bitching

IDF-RIPsta
November 29, 2004, 7:18 am
Very nice idea.

Leo is right though, no Barret or M79.

Here's a similar idea:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=19020

Dr.Feelgood
November 29, 2004, 6:30 pm
What about those "this-is-my-first-time" players. Even if they had the potential to beat the better guys, he would always be killed by those who gets the extra health thingy. Those noobs will die for nothing and quit playing the greatest game ever. Da Soldat

Alamo
November 29, 2004, 7:37 pm
Sounds like a cool idea... But well, Barret, M79, Grenades and LAWs should really be excluded... Also everyone would bitch about killing the other's victim and getting 'their' health but hey, that's what we have now :) I really like that idea.

Fangus Deef
November 29, 2004, 7:42 pm
WHY should they be excluded? i can kill 6 people with a minigun and grenades before a single barrett shot is fired at me. if you are any good at all, you can kill with any weapon. serious. it's not hard people...

mipit
November 29, 2004, 8:33 pm
CTF would be pretty bad at this since there used to running through a crowd of people get the flag and run back.

die nadel
November 29, 2004, 11:54 pm
i think its a good idea, but who really likes it are the snipers & m79ers

dr dragon
November 30, 2004, 12:07 am
What die nadel said.Eitherway, Love the idea

The Geologist
November 30, 2004, 12:11 am
quote:Originally posted by die nadeli think its a good idea, but who really likes it are the snipers & m79ers

You're not making much sense with that sentance...I think it's good, and I'm neither a sniper nor a m79er. I refer you to the post of fangus deef...

quote:Originally posted by Fangus DeefWHY should they be excluded? i can kill 6 people with a minigun and grenades before a single barrett shot is fired at me. if you are any good at all, you can kill with any weapon. serious. it's not hard people...

iLLskiLLs
November 30, 2004, 12:43 am
Except Fangus deef, play's in noob/Boogie Man filled servers. Where alas he can kill 6 enemies with a minigun and get away without a single shot being fired 8)...But on the other hand, Fangus deef is right, killing with any weapon is not hard at all. ;D

quote: Also everyone would bitch about killing the other's victim and getting 'their' kills :)

Hence the name Dog eat Dog.

FliesLikeABrick
November 30, 2004, 1:09 am
i like :-D

Fangus Deef
November 30, 2004, 1:19 am
you know i pwn you ill. XP (boogie man is the 2nd worst dafault bot. i dont even use defaults)

so everyone likes this idea, but then they say some guns shouldnt be there. all it is is soldat, but with more skill. sooo.....why take out guns? are you happy with how it is in normal mode? yea? then yer an idiot. eat spinach.

Duke33
November 30, 2004, 2:07 am
I like it. Good job TFS.

Maybe not 50%, though--I think 30% would be better. Apart from that, personally don't see many problems.

Messiah
November 30, 2004, 3:20 am
Not a bad idea, but 50% might be too much, 20? or even 10 :o)

that fuking sniper
November 30, 2004, 4:34 am
No, 50%. You have to understand that with today's autos, with a kill against a good player, you're lucky to even have 50% left, unless its a special occasion (something like catching them in point blank with your fully-loaded MP5, and they die in less than a second). 50% would cut it for me, 30% maybe, if you want it to be harder and more "desperate". :)

Fangus Deef
November 30, 2004, 4:50 am
30%. wait. how about michal decides? his game. up to him if it even gets in or not.

that fuking sniper
November 30, 2004, 5:33 am
If we keep saying "leave it up to Michal", we would defeat the purpose of having this kind of forum in the first place. I can guarantee Michal wont pay two seconds of attention to this thread, but its still a discussion about an idea, like pretty much all the other threads in the suggestion forums. Correct?

Psyl3ntShad0w
November 30, 2004, 5:54 am
simple solution...a slider...server can adjust how much health...from 0% - 100% hard to complain then right? ideally...the good servers will pick good settings...

DT
November 30, 2004, 3:37 pm
yea nothing but socoms with 5% each kill :p
change able in game to right?
/healthkill 50%

Boer
November 30, 2004, 5:55 pm
You get 20 % of his health plus or * a kind of ratio between your kills and his kills..so killing the player with most kills is most rewarding.
his kills : 30
yourkills : 20
ratio = 1.5 * 20 = 30 gain
his kills : 10
your kills : 17
ratio = 0.55.. = 12 gain

Fangus Deef
November 30, 2004, 6:54 pm
^no. slider: yes. TFS: there's been plenty of ideas here put into soldat. but what im saying is that it is but to michal what the specifics are, for the most part.

iLLskiLLs
November 30, 2004, 7:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Fangus Deef^no. slider: yes. TFS: there's been plenty of ideas here put into soldat. but what im saying is that it is but to michal what the specifics are, for the most part.

yeah but, When people suggest stuff Please refrain yourself from saying "How about we leave it up to michal".. Why? Because Thats what the suggestion forums are here for...

quote: Originally posted by Boer You get 20 % of his health plus

How is this going to work? If i'm using an auto to drain your health That means his (the guy im killing's) health is drained to nothing...so you get 20% of nothing Great deal ;P

Boer
December 1, 2004, 2:28 pm
Of the universal starting health. but the ratio thingy comes from a certain RPG( yah i know WTF) where the life steal from thougher monsters is more.but, thougher here is 'more kills then you'.
and only at the moment hes killed you get reward.

Fangus Deef
December 1, 2004, 5:18 pm
im not saying to always leave it up to michal, im saying that michal always gets the last word. it's better if we do discuss it, most of the time. but sometimes we may think we are hella right, but if it's put in that exact way, EVERYONE might bitch about it (whatever it might be). keep the discussion going.

Svirin Kerath
December 1, 2004, 9:53 pm
aye aye, Fang.

i think this is a great idea. problem is, i don't see it working in realistic mode, because it's a lot easier to kill each other in that mode. in normal mode, yes, this would be tons of fun...

me likes. ^_^

TIR_Blade
December 1, 2004, 10:06 pm
Barret and M79 should be left in because if u have them it wouldn't matter how much health the opponent has at that point...which would give them a disadvantage against the weaker people...

eesahe
December 1, 2004, 10:09 pm
I like the idea. I like it a lot :)

Two thumbs up! This is something I'd definetly want to see in a new version :>

DT
December 2, 2004, 2:16 am
*starts eating the corpse*
Soldier: ...
DT: hey its extra life
soldier: ew...
DT: FEED ME

mabye first you need to stand by thier corpse to recover the life?

that fuking sniper
December 2, 2004, 4:56 am
Maybe not? Standing next to it to regain health is just being unnecessarily and unpractically literal about the thread's title. Dog eat dog means that "that which does not kill you, makes you stronger. The more you face, the stronger you get." More or less so.

Toumaz
December 2, 2004, 2:21 pm
Very nice idea! This is something that would be extremely fun to play.

Teh Panda
December 2, 2004, 7:44 pm
I see a... DM OPTION!

Skate4Razors
December 2, 2004, 8:17 pm
Good idea! :D