( search forums )
Ctf_training2
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Melba
November 29, 2004, 6:23 pm
I joined a server with a custom map i didnt have, and i got this map.
i have to say, it's sh*t loads o' phun, and i thought i should share it with you.
mapper unknown...

http://soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=dHJpY2t5IHNoaWV0IG1hcC5yYXI=

right click the link, and "save target as..."

screenies:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

note that i'm playing "blue-mod" so, the walls may have a different color in original soldat. Hope its not uglier :P

EDIT: double pic fixed, and a new one added

n00bface
November 29, 2004, 6:27 pm
This map was farking leet. I played it about a week ago with Outcast on his server and a few other people and it's i m p o s s i b l e. We played for 2 hours and only got to the ledge above the ice sliding part. We don't even know if it's beatable...if it is, then the creator is the bestest player of soldat evar. Also, it's a fist only map. m79 will ruin the fun.

edits: oh lol i see melba was using a minigun. suck.

Melba
November 29, 2004, 6:35 pm
try for yourself and see if minigun is easier, i assure you. it isn't

Aquarius
November 29, 2004, 6:36 pm
Someone I met on the map said me that he knows the creator of the map and the creator claims that it IS possible to go through the map without weapons. But it's EXTREMELY difficult. If it's true I think that he tested all the map parts separately as short segment to see if it's possible.

Using minigun on the map is pretty lame, Melba :P It is much easier.

I also only managed to get to the ledge above the ice sliding part... but I've seen a guy who was able to get farther. Great map.

Melba
November 29, 2004, 6:45 pm
k, but for my defense, i didnt use to anything else than flying up wards faster.

EDIT:
[IMAGE]

easy ;P

(no guns were used)

dr dragon
November 29, 2004, 9:50 pm
When I download it, it gave me this file called "Tricky" with no .--- for type of file. What do I do with it?

n00bface
November 29, 2004, 10:20 pm
Ditto. And I renamed tricky to tricky.PMS and soldat just closed when I tried playing it...In my earlier post I was talking about ctf_Training not ctf_Training2 btw. I still want to try this..

SERIAL KILLeR
November 29, 2004, 10:22 pm
Here's the direct link:
http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/store/tricky%20shiet%20map.rar

dr dragon
November 29, 2004, 10:43 pm
THANK YOU SERIAL KILLeR!!!

Aquarius
November 29, 2004, 10:54 pm
ctf_Training2 is hopeless. It is MUCH easier than ctf_Training, because... you have almost infinite jet fuel. This really suxxx. ctf_Training2 is for sissies :P

In ctf_Training there is very little jet fuel. A tiny mistake and you are dead. Try this one, Melba:

http://soldatwiki.freeserverhost.com/upload/CTF_Training.PMS

A real challenge :P

Melba
November 30, 2004, 4:54 pm
awww, but ty aqua, i will :)

EDIT: hmmm for some reason ctf_training shuts down my soldat.
Anyone else encountering this problem?

Skate4Razors
November 30, 2004, 8:10 pm
AHHHH!! I Can't beat it!!! OMG!!! :'(

Melba: It does it to me sometimes, but not always...